What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

When I was 13 I was abused at school by a teacher

To cut a long story short, he lost his job and I had to leave that school (and an entire childhood), shamed that I had been taken advantage of and he merely got off with his job lost due to the fact he had a clean record before this.

I sat on the train home and he came and sat near me and put his hand on my leg and told me I'd grown up better than he could ever have believed.

I moved along and to be brutally honest I'm a bit of a wreck. I'm playing music to keep me calm and will wait til I get home.

But I swear I can't escape the past anymore.

Repulsive. That's better and stronger than what I might've done which is crush his wrist with my bare hands. After that I likely would've bottled up that continuing anger and been pissed off all day and longer.

Sadly due to the fact I've suffered things like this for a lot of my life I have a tendency to freeze in that moment. Just getting up and walking away is something at one time I never would have been able to do.

I and a friend spent last night having a laugh, on Facebook and Skype and whatnot (they live in London), so tbh I had a much better night than expected.

I think I'm coming to terms now with the game that I've left my teen years behind.

In fact I've reached a point where I can talk about it without breaking inside.

Yesterday was an interesting test. I've learned to rise above it.

I wish I could avenge myself a bit more sometimes but I'm very soft in nature.

• Like 2

To cut a long story short, he lost his job and I had to leave that school (and an entire childhood), shamed that I had been taken advantage of and he merely got off with his job lost due to the fact he had a clean record before this.

I sat on the train home and he came and sat near me and put his hand on my leg and told me I'd grown up better than he could ever have believed.

I moved along and to be brutally honest I'm a bit of a wreck. I'm playing music to keep me calm and will wait til I get home.

How traumatic for you - then and now.

I'm getting through this better now than a couple of months ago. I did the right thing this year seeking professional help.

• Like 2

Sorry, but I would have broken his wrist and fingers. You have what it takes, Segue. You WILL get through this.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20metal%20horns.gif

Sorry, but I would have broken his wrist and fingers. You have what it takes, Segue. You WILL get through this.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20metal%20horns.gif

My parents said this lol...

I don't know if you were in my shoes...a horrid part of me had to get used to this behaviour growing up.

I was always hounded from about 13. It just got worse but I've learned from it.

I'm now finally at a place and point in life where my entire self esteem is no longer dominated by my looks. It feels freeing to no longer feel I have to live up to others expectations. I've found people who love my goofball side and it's such a blessing!

I say this because a few of you guys on this forum told me to try and see myself differently. With counselling and therapy this year I've broken through a lot of walls! It's been amazing!!

Even yesterday wasn't too much of a setback. He doesn't have a great life. His wife has left him and from what I've heard over the years he's a mess.

I don't know if he repeated his mistakes he's not been jailed for anything as far as I'm aware (it's 13 years since then).

I think to be honest I've forgiven him. My anger is not worth it. He's not made a good life for himself. What I saw yesterday was scum, I don't need to punch him or get angry. He's not a winner. Also based on what came later what he did to me in that context feels a lot less impactful. It hurts to say that in a way but realistically I survived much worse.

Sheesh I think I need to tell my therapist lol she won't know who I am based on this positivity hahaha

But yeah my closest friends no about my past. Having people who I can talk too, even here, has helped me so much to finally break ties with all that!

Sad thing is I do still at times have to contend with physical reminders.

But hey I'm alive!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Penny decided to sleep on my bed last night. She hogs the blankets and the heating pad :rage:

To top it off at 4am she decides its time to get up anand keeps pawing me aand licking my hand. Damnit. No more over nights for her!

Good job Penny! :dweez: :P

• Like 1

My parents said this lol...

I don't know if you were in my shoes...a horrid part of me had to get used to this behaviour growing up.

I was always hounded from about 13. It just got worse but I've learned from it.

I'm now finally at a place and point in life where my entire self esteem is no longer dominated by my looks. It feels freeing to no longer feel I have to live up to others expectations. I've found people who love my goofball side and it's such a blessing!

I say this because a few of you guys on this forum told me to try and see myself differently. With counselling and therapy this year I've broken through a lot of walls! It's been amazing!!

Even yesterday wasn't too much of a setback. He doesn't have a great life. His wife has left him and from what I've heard over the years he's a mess.

I don't know if he repeated his mistakes he's not been jailed for anything as far as I'm aware (it's 13 years since then).

I think to be honest I've forgiven him. My anger is not worth it. He's not made a good life for himself. What I saw yesterday was scum, I don't need to punch him or get angry. He's not a winner. Also based on what came later what he did to me in that context feels a lot less impactful. It hurts to say that in a way but realistically I survived much worse.

Sheesh I think I need to tell my therapist lol she won't know who I am based on this positivity hahaha

But yeah my closest friends no about my past. Having people who I can talk too, even here, has helped me so much to finally break ties with all that!

Sad thing is I do still at times have to contend with physical reminders.

But hey I'm alive!

Congrats, Segue! Keep it going on the UP side! EXCELSIOR!!! :notworthy: :7up: :ebert:

:banana:

My boyfriend

Pretending to tell me he was in love with someone else

Sounds like an idiot

No he is not!!

He is so so sweet and makes me so so happy!! I love him so much!! :heart:

Fine. Telling your gf that you love someone else when you actually don't is an idiotic thing to do

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 4

My boyfriend

Sounds like an idiot

No he is not!!

Fine. Telling your gf that you love someone else when you actually don't is an idiotic thing to do

I was mad at him at first,but not anymore.

I love him. I will never stay mad at him :heart:

My boyfriend

Sounds like an idiot

No he is not!!

Yeah.

There are plenty of better ways to mess with someone and play a joke on them. The topic he chose to joke about was too serious. Especially since this is your first boyfriend. It was an awful thing for him to mess with your feelings like that. This is a long distance relationship, right?

• Like 2

My boyfriend

Sounds like an idiot

No he is not!!

Yeah.

There are plenty of better ways to mess with someone and play a joke on them. The topic he chose to joke about was too serious. Especially since this is your first boyfriend. It was an awful thing for him to mess with your feelings like that. This is a long distance relationship, right?

It is, he lives in Italy. :)

• Like 2

My boyfriend

Sounds like an idiot

No he is not!!

Yeah.

He's Italian,

What do you expect? :P

• Like 2

My boyfriend

Sounds like an idiot

No he is not!!

Yeah.

He's Italian,

Spaghetti westerns?

• Like 3

My boyfriend

Sounds like an idiot

No he is not!!

Yeah.

He's Italian,

Spaghetti westerns?

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

• Like 2

Wow. I've experienced that italians drop trou[sers] at any female who'll lift their skirt...I don't think he was joking....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananajerkin.gif

• Like 1

I've had to work three sixty hour weeks. I am exhausted. To the max.

I try and talk to my friend about it and get barked at in the most nasty way.

Well I'm still tired and now one friend down.

I'm amazed by myself...talk dirt to me once you won't get a second chance. I don't mind losing a friend like that.

• Like 1

Wow. I've experienced that italians drop trou[sers] at any female who'll lift their skirt...I don't think he was joking....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananajerkin.gif

...because you've met hundreds and hundreds of Italian males that've shown you how perverted they all can be. Uh huh.

• Like 2

I'm amazed by myself...talk dirt to me once you won't get a second chance. I don't mind losing a friend like that.

Does this person work a lot of hours? Maybe all the time you put in at your job really doesn't impress them.

Does this person work a lot of hours? Maybe all the time you put in at your job really doesn't impress them.

True. One thing I have found in the UK is that people here work their asses off. (Just comparing that to many years experience working in the US, Canada and UK) They seem to have a higher work ethic here. Just my opinion, mind.

Nope. He works part time and he got very nasty in a way not related to work. He's been alienating himself from others for months with his attitude and I no longer no how to support him.

But I shall try. It's not easy but now I've cooled off I realise he's just sick and doesn't quite see things how others see them.

...because you've met hundreds and hundreds of Italian males that've shown you how perverted they all can be. Uh huh.

Ya know what, JB? You ALWAYS give me a BIG SMILE when you answer someone....NEGATIVE MUCH? Do you get up PERPETUALLY on the WRONG side of the bed? As I said, that is MY EXPERIENCE in my life time. I don't know how many Italians I've met, nor am I going to beat my brain to pieces trying to. Go and have MORE of your SOUR gummy worms, and vent your negativity elsewere, K? [if you eat too many of those, you may get a SOUR TUMMY ACHE!] :P :LOL:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/PBJ%20time%20Banana%203.png

Edited by OldRUSHfan