What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

My spelling is still bad

Many adults have bad spelling too. Some of them are on TRF.

Read more books and use dictionaries often for various situations. Your spelling will gradually improve.

Reading stuff online (specifically from blogs and public forums) probably won't improve your spelling too much since there are mistakes galore.

• Like 2

My spelling is still bad

Read more books and use dictionaries often for various situations. Your spelling will gradually improve.

Reading stuff online (specifically from blogs and public forums) probably won't improve your spelling too much since there are mistakes galore.

I do not like reading

My spelling is still bad

I do not like reading

You're reading now.

• Like 4

My spelling is still bad

I do not like reading

You're reading now.

Making mistakes is usually a great teacher for me. When I goof up, the slight embarrassment from the mistake helps me correct future accidents.

• Like 2

My spelling is still bad

I do not like reading

You're reading now.

:LOL:

• Like 1

My spelling is still bad

I do not like reading

You're reading now.

;)

I don't like cleaning but I want a clean house. So.......I clean! :LOL:

Surely, prolific readers (of novels and reputable magazines and newspapers) have better spelling ability compared to non-readers.

There's a VH-1 Behind the Music special that showcased Moving Pictures and 2112. In it, Lifeson talked about Something For Nothing and how the spirit of those lyrics connected with his own upbringing. He mentioned his dad being a big influence on him and stated that dad told him, "If you want something, get out and work for it." Naturally, this would greatly apply to specific abilities such as acquiring musical aptitude, athletic talent, and......spelling accuracy.

• Like 5

My spelling is still bad

I do not like reading

You're reading now.

;)

I don't like cleaning but I want a clean house. So.......I clean! :LOL:

Surely, prolific readers (of novels and reputable magazines and newspapers) have better spelling ability compared to non-readers.

There's a VH-1 Behind the Music special that showcased Moving Pictures and 2112. In it, Lifeson talked about Something For Nothing and how the spirit of those lyrics connected with his own upbringing. He mentioned his dad being a big influence on him and stated that dad told him, "If you want something, get out and work for it." Naturally, this would greatly apply to specific abilities such as acquiring musical aptitude, athletic talent, and......spelling accuracy.

My Mom got me a Dictionary, [and NOT a KIDS dictionary] when I was four, and taught me how to use it correctly. Pronounciation guide and all. Spelling was emphasized in elementary school and on in every school system I belonged to. Spelling was an addiction with me. If I don't know how to spell something I have Webster's Dictionary on my Comp. Now. Being human, I STILL make mistakes sometimes, and typos DO appear at times,(radios appear-HAH!) It's VERY EASY, so USE one if you care about spelling...Thesauruses can be useful too, if you want to be aware of 'alternate' words that mean essentially the same thing. Not enough younger folks seem to take communication seriously at this time. That's sad.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana79punchy%20cabbage.gif

• Like 2

I find good spelling and grammar to be very desirable traits in a friend, and in anyone with whom I communicate. Plus, good spelling and grammar are sexy :D They have the added bonus of making the speaker appear more intelligent, while those with poor grammar and spelling appear less intelligent. (If you cannot properly use your native language - and very possibly the only language you speak - that says a lot, and none of what it's saying is good!)

All that being said I find it endearing when a non-native English speaker uses decent but broken English :)

• Like 1

About the reading thing, I cannot understand it when people say they don't like to read. It's like saying you don't like to eat. I've been reading since I was three, and I read almost every day (usually for an hour or so before I go to sleep). Fiction, non-fiction, yum yum yum.

As John Waters said, “If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't f**k 'em!"

• Like 2

I'm brain dead today, and I'm removing my tired brain from what is more than it can handle right now.... nighty night! THIS is what is PISSING ME OFF TODAY!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana-burnin.gif

About the reading thing, I cannot understand it when people say they don't like to read. It's like saying you don't like to eat. I've been reading since I was three, and I read almost every day (usually for an hour or so before I go to sleep). Fiction, non-fiction, yum yum yum.

As John Waters said, “If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't f**k 'em!"

Bad attention span. Can't concentrate on a book more than 20-30 minutes. Likely ADHD like my kid. Squirrel!!!

I guess f**king John Waters is out of the question for me.

• Like 1

Bad attention span. Can't concentrate on a book more than 20-30 minutes. Likely ADHD like my kid. Squirrel!!!

I guess f**king John Waters is out of the question for me.

Stack your shelves with the classics then you've got a shot at banging him.

• Like 1

Get off your stupid phones and drive you fu***** idiots!! :rage:

If it makes you happy, yesterday I saw a teen ride his bicycle head on into a telephone poll because he was on his cell. Nice crashing sound of the bicycle. Bag and cell flopped on the ground along with him. But he was ok... just embarrassed so he scuttled off quickly as he noticed I saw his idiocy.

• Like 5

If it makes you happy, yesterday I saw a teen ride his bicycle head on into a telephone poll because he was on his cell. Nice crashing sound of the bicycle. Bag and cell flopped on the ground along with him. But he was ok... just embarrassed so he scuttled off quickly as he noticed I saw his idiocy.

Good. :LOL: I hope his phone is destroyed. These idiots have caused me to avoid accidents many times. Just pisses me off.

• Like 1

Good. :LOL: I hope his phone is destroyed. These idiots have caused me to avoid accidents many times. Just pisses me off.

Yeah I see it a lot too. Last week as I was waiting at an intersection (was on foot), I saw two cars nearly collide head on because they were on their cells. I think it would've been good for them if they got into a pricey yet non-injury related accident.

• Like 2

Yeah I see it a lot too. Last week as I was waiting at an intersection (was on foot), I saw two cars nearly collide head on because they were on their cells. I think it would've been good for them if they got into a pricey yet non-injury related accident.

Yep,

And their insurance rates sky rocket. Thats what drives me nuts. My insurance rate would go up all though it wasn't my fault.

• Like 1

Yep,

And their insurance rates sky rocket. Thats what drives me nuts. My insurance rate would go up all though it wasn't my fault.

Shit. Forgot about that angle. :LOL:

Then maybe a nice, twisted ankle or broken arm that they'd pay for out of pocket? :LOL:

• Like 2

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/imagerequest.jpg

Finding two of these has turned into the search for buried treasure or something. Just normal pine closet doors. All the family lumber, hardware etc.stores here have gone out of business (we were friends with one) and the big box stores don't carry these! I found them but I think I'm going to have to drive 25 miles away. To a family store. How weird.

• Like 1

For some, the mechanical process of decoding letter combinations into words is so much work that it's tough to get pleasure from reading. On top of that, add years of ridicule, and I can see how a person would hate to read.

I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU MR,NOT, AND I NEVER WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really?

It's descended to this now?

• Like 2