What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

This is what pissed me off today.

For the second time in two weeks, the garbage truck ripped out our Comcast cable. Last week, they only ripped the cable away from our home. This week, they really did a number - ripped it off the utility pole and off our home. So bad, that he had to stop and own up to it on account of the fact that the cable tangled itself around his garbage truck. It took a few hours to get someone from Comcast here. The person they sent, while nice and thorough, didn't move very fast. :unsure:

But it's fixed now. :) :ebert: :ebert: :ebert: :hi:

They should have at least stapled the line to your house. Not just leave it on the ground.

It was stapled to the house. The garbage truck yanked it off.

• Like 1

For the second time in two weeks, the garbage truck ripped out our Comcast cable. Last week, they only ripped the cable away from our home. This week, they really did a number - ripped it off the utility pole and off our home. So bad, that he had to stop and own up to it on account of the fact that the cable tangled itself around his garbage truck. It took a few hours to get someone from Comcast here. The person they sent, while nice and thorough, didn't move very fast. :unsure:

Next time request that they bury the cable...at least Comcast did that at my house. It's probably a 30 foot run from the connection box by the street.

They don't and won't do that out here.

Are your utility poles really low to the ground or are your local garbage trucks really big?

Around here the utility poles are high enough that no garbage truck would be able to rip wires down.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Are your utility poles really low to the ground or are your local garbage trucks really big?

Around here the utility poles are high enough that no garbage truck would be able to rip wires down.

Yeah, we just have people that drive moving trucks into our parking lot main drive and don't even LOOK at the height signs that are strung up, and hang just below the wires themselves. Our lines [to my building] have been ripped down twice since I moved here in 2012.....once in 2014, and again last year. Both people tried to 'get away' but I and others took pics of the trucks and the licence plates, and both were payed for by the companies responsible for the driver's actions. I think the people who were driving the trucks need their eyes plucked out, since they didn't seem to use them at all........

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananafukfreak.gif

• Like 1

Comcast lines have to be four feet below the electric lines on the pole.

Our connecting cable is fifteen feet off the ground. 14 feet is the minimum height required by law.

• Like 1

They should have at least stapled the line to your house. Not just leave it on the ground.

That sucks. What the hell were they thinking?

• Like 2

Our connecting cable is fifteen feet off the ground. 14 feet is the minimum height required by law.

Ick. You have my complete empathy. In our last house the phone line was (badly) stapled to the side of the house over the kitchen window. It would pull loose in bad storms and be dangling over the window and our phone service would be on and off (this was before cell phones.)

One time the repair guy showed up and said, "Little lady doesn't like looking at a wire out the window, huh?" I wanted to slug him! With 3 toddlers, I needed a phone.

• Like 1

They did it last week too, but last week I didn't lose my internet service. this week, he entangled the garbage truck in the cable and pulled it right out.

They drive too fast up the road. The speed limit is 25. They come barreling down the road doing 40. Most people out here bring their garbage to the transfer station because it is much cheaper doing it that way, so there aren't a lot of homes for the garbage truck to stop at. That's why they drive so fast.

But this time i called them (the garbage collection company) up and filed a complaint.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for next Friday.

• Like 1

They did it last week too, but last week I didn't lose my internet service. this week, he entangled the garbage truck in the cable and pulled it right out.

They drive too fast up the road. The speed limit is 25. They come barreling down the road doing 40. Most people out here bring their garbage to the transfer station because it is much cheaper doing it that way, so there aren't a lot of homes for the garbage truck to stop at. That's why they drive so fast.

We used to do that back in 70's.

But this time i called them (the garbage collection company) up and filed a complaint.

We used to do that back in the 70's.

Yet the lines on my building went down TWICE from stupid people who didn't look for the height signs that have been up the WHOLE TIME. K. HERE YA GO, STUPID IDIOTS!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20Avengers%20Uma%20Thurman.gif

• Like 1

Ya know what? People who do these things are lazy-no-good-for-anything SLOBS. If you don't care about other people, IMO, you don't deserve to share this place we all live in.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/atomic%20mushroom%20cloud%20explosion.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/angry%20banana.jpg

That's my point. They weren't!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20with%20toque.gif

That's my point. They weren't!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20with%20toque.gif

:hi: Lorraine. :LOL:

Everything troutman does pisses me off! :rage: :P

:LOL:

Trout and Duck

You guys should get a pond together.

• Like 4

Trout and Duck

You're getting to an age now where I can call you an old man!

Boy, is YOUR Brain F*cked! LOL http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/poke-brain-smiley.gifhttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/brain-smiley.gif

Trout and Duck

You're getting to an age now where I can call you an old man!

I know

So be careful...you are like 56 years older than me.

Trout and Duck

Are you bringing the women? :whipgirl: :D

I think the girls I'm into will bore you to tears...