What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

I comment on Fakebook by finishing a quote. It earns me a 24 ban on posting comments for violating their "community standards". Bwahaha, what bullshit.

Rumor that FB is going to change their name...like that will change anything :facepalm:

Rebranding/renaming is a time-honored tradition! Marketing ad wizards have been using this ridiculous strategy for generations.... :eh:

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... "

.....it's made of wood! And therefore.....

.... A WITCH!!

Monty-Python-Witch-Hunt-Mob-1.jpg?resize=441%2C238

• Like 5

I comment on Fakebook by finishing a quote. It earns me a 24 ban on posting comments for violating their "community standards". Bwahaha, what bullshit.

Rumor that FB is going to change their name...like that will change anything :facepalm:

Rebranding/renaming is a time-honored tradition! Marketing ad wizards have been using this ridiculous strategy for generations.... :eh:

.... A WITCH!!

She turned me into a newt but I got better!!

• Like 2

.... A WITCH!!

She turned me into a newt but I got better!!

Once Trump creates his Violent Torpedo of Truth social media site I reckon Zuckerberg can relax. He`ll be the second most scrutinised (until the old man is shut down :lol: )
  • Like 1

I won an appeal on a similar situation. I simply quoted "I will kill him" from Dune regarding a prank by Sting to Keith Richards saying that it's The Police. Same thing happened when I quoted "Yo, she bitch! Let's go!" from Army Of Darkness on a quote thread on an MST3K/Rifftrax group. Zuckerturd is context illiterate.

• Like 1

Been unable to stream SiriusXM on cellular data for the past few days. :banghead:

Oh no! I listen to it a lot. Sometimes on data, sometimes on wifi.

It was off for some reason on setting which I've never done to it before. Don't know how it got there. It has had buffering problems at times, though.

I didn't just have a facepalm. I had a meta facepalm.

WN166GN.jpg

• Like 1

The fifty-somethingish man at the gas station who had a hard time figuring out that, when I handed him a penny more than I owed him, it was so he could just give me two quarters back. He had to summon help from the other person working in the back to settle that. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 5

The fifty-somethingish man at the gas station who had a hard time figuring out that, when I handed him a penny more than I owed him, it was so he could just give me two quarters back. He had to summon help from the other person working in the back to settle that.

Marked "like" on this because I understand your feelings! It seems like no one knows how to make change anymore.

• Like 1

The fifty-somethingish man at the gas station who had a hard time figuring out that, when I handed him a penny more than I owed him, it was so he could just give me two quarters back. He had to summon help from the other person working in the back to settle that.

:lol:

• Like 1

Marked "like" on this because I understand your feelings! It seems like no one knows how to make change anymore.

Knowing math is not a requirement to be a cashier. But in this case that person seems like they're an extra level of stupid. I've had a few cashier jobs before and was never too good at math but even I could have figured out what Lorraine was doing.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Knowing math is not a requirement to be a cashier. But in this case that person seems like they're an extra level of stupid. I've had a few cashier jobs before and was never too good at math but even I could have figured out what Lorraine was doing.

Fewer and fewer people handle cash, let alone change, so it's a dying skill. My facepalm? The 50- and 60-somethings that can't access google-docs.
  • Like 1

Just confirmed what I had suspected for some time. My employer is severely underpaying me. New hirees are making much more.

I’ve been busting my ass for over two years for Sam’s Club, taking on huge responsibilities in Receiving and Claims, doing extra work when my lazy, much younger coworkers won’t do it, and this is the thanks I get.

Time to move on. At the age of 60, I had planned on this job being my last job. Plans have changed.

Just confirmed what I had suspected for some time. My employer is severely underpaying me. New hirees are making much more.

I’ve been busting my ass for over two years for Sam’s Club, taking on huge responsibilities in Receiving and Claims, doing extra work when my lazy, much younger coworkers won’t do it, and this is the thanks I get.

Time to move on. At the age of 60, I had planned on this job being my last job. Plans have changed.

That really stinks, sorry to hear that. Hope you can find a better place, I heard Costco is a good employer and they are raising their starting wages. It is high time the employers pay a decent wage, this nonsense about people not wanting to work is just them being greedy and wanting to offer crumbs to their workers. Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

• Like 2

That really stinks, sorry to hear that. Hope you can find a better place, I heard Costco is a good employer and they are raising their starting wages. It is high time the employers pay a decent wage, this nonsense about people not wanting to work is just them being greedy and wanting to offer crumbs to their workers. Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Yeah the employment numbers didn't rise as expected when the Fed Unemployment Insurance was cut off. Reason? Exactly what you said. Best thing about the pandemic shut/slowdowns was people reassessing priorities.

And yeah Principled Man, I have also heard Costco is a good place to work.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 2

Yeah the employment numbers didn't rise as expected when the Fed Unemployment Insurance was cut off. Reason? Exactly what you said. Best thing about the pandemic shut/slowdowns was people reassessing priorities.

No Costco near me. I'm gonna look for something different. Time to get out of the big, deep rut.

• Like 1

No Costco near me. I'm gonna look for something different. Time to get out of the big, deep rut.

:madra: :clap: