What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

English Vocabulary Pet Peeve Alert:

Just came back from the grocery store. I had filled out a lottery ticket, and I walked up to the service desk, where the pretty young cashier was standing, right by the lottery machine. I put my ticket on the counter and said, "Hello. Just this, please."

"Perfect!" the pretty young cashier said to me. She ran the ticket, and I paid for it and went on my way.

All the while, my mind is yelling, "Perfect"...? Miss, there was nothing "perfect" about what I just did. It's a freaking lottery ticket! It was NOTHING! Do you even know what the word "perfect" means? I don't think you do!! :facepalm: :D

:lol:

My credit union went digital banking. I dont even have a cell phone so i lose. I cant sign in....its to frustrating. I went to the location near me for help. But with no cell phone they cant help me. Im going back tomorrow. :facepalm:

Reading a FB page diss cussing the Royal Family, and some maroon mentions how one member had to "abdicate the thrown." :laughing guy: Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

Reading a FB page diss cussing the Royal Family, and some maroon mentions how one member had to "abdicate the thrown." :laughing guy:

Even spell check isn't infallible :16ton:

https://people.com/movies/james-gunn-slams-martin-scorsese-criticism-of-marvel-films-wanted-attention/

"Get attention"

Like you're doing now, hypocrite? I'm getting you a pizza cutter for Xmas since you're all edge and no point like the ignorant fanboys who dismiss Scorsese as someone who ONLY makes mob movies. ONLY...

MGZoZJ4.gif

I guess it was inevitable, but hearing the dirty L(ockdown) word again. If my trip in September gets knocked out (for the 3rd time in 16 months), I swear I'm going to go berserk, and not necessarily due to lost finances.

I guess it was inevitable, but hearing the dirty L(ockdown) word again. If my trip in September gets knocked out (for the 3rd time in 16 months), I swear I'm going to go berserk, and not necessarily due to lost finances.

The lost experience would be definitely worse than the lost dough. I'll hope for you that it doesn't turn out that way.

• Like 1

When it rains, it pours. Had multiple power surges at Noon that took out me AT&T service, which includes internet and wifi. It was a neighborhood outage and may have been fixed earlier, but it was 7 pm before I noticed service was restored.

We are in the path of the smoke from out of state fires and our air quality is lousy. I can't even see the mountains and when the sun sets, it casts an orange film over everything. Feel like I am in a scene from Blade Runner. And our cooler went out! Didn't get much quality sleep last night, too blasted hot.. :rage: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

We are in the path of the smoke from out of state fires and our air quality is lousy. I can't even see the mountains and when the sun sets, it casts an orange film over everything. Feel like I am in a scene from Blade Runner. And our cooler went out! Didn't get much quality sleep last night, too blasted hot.. :rage:

Similar to those fires in October of 2003 where I was living and still lived just south of Mt. Baldy. It looked like the the Black Hole Sun video by Soundgarden.

• Like 2

It's gonna be even worse with the Lambda which is supposed to be the most resistant to the already vaxxed.

VEXw2Tf.gif

Silver lining, Moderna is close to a delta booster.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

We are in the path of the smoke from out of state fires and our air quality is lousy. I can't even see the mountains and when the sun sets, it casts an orange film over everything. Feel like I am in a scene from Blade Runner. And our cooler went out! Didn't get much quality sleep last night, too blasted hot.. :rage:

Hope you got the cooler fixed. We are supposed to be back to nearly 100 and above for 4 or 5 days beginning Tuesday.

We've mostly escaped the smoke here because there've been just enough east to west winds to keep it pushed into to Eastern WA and Eastern OR. We've had some "Black Hole Sun"rises (thanks invisible airwave). The down side is that my very elderly parents, who still live in the house we moved into in 1965 in Spokane, haven't been able to open their windows for fresh air at night (too hot during the day) for at least a month.

Looks strongly like I will not be riding the North Cascades Highway (Hwy. 20 in northern WA between Winthrop and Sedro Wooley) this year for the first time in 10 years due to it being closed because of fires.

• Like 1

Moments Ago: Right when the Pittsburgh relief pitcher started throwing the last fast ball to Roy Hobbs, the National Weather Service took over my screen and put up a Severe Thunderstorm Warning.

:facepalm:

• Like 2

Hope you got the cooler fixed. We are supposed to be back to nearly 100 and above for 4 or 5 days beginning Tuesday.

We've mostly escaped the smoke here because there've been just enough east to west winds to keep it pushed into to Eastern WA and Eastern OR. We've had some "Black Hole Sun"rises (thanks invisible airwave). The down side is that my very elderly parents, who still live in the house we moved into in 1965 in Spokane, haven't been able to open their windows for fresh air at night (too hot during the day) for at least a month.

Looks strongly like I will not be riding the North Cascades Highway (Hwy. 20 in northern WA between Winthrop and Sedro Wooley) this year for the first time in 10 years due to it being closed because of fires.

We have a new unit coming on Monday. Last night was better, at least it cooled down to the 60's and a bare trace of smoke. Slept much better. I feel for your parents, it is hard to stay cool when you can't get some fresh air. Tonight when the sun was setting, no dull orange glare. Sadly that smoke will be moving on to other locations.

• Like 3

https://variety.com/...bek-1235034673/

Listen to the fans for once. FU, Sony. Oh, and he has history of sexual harassment as well. Biggest downgrade since Corden replaced Craig Ferguson.

Someone didn't do their due diligence at all. Kinda like the Cleveland baseball team. If they had googled Guardians they would have known there was a men's roller derby team with that name in Cleveland... :facepalm:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Back home in Carson City the air quality index was over 300. Luckily, we are on the Oregon coast enjoying a little liquid sunshine.

Not looking forward to returning home to the imported California smoke.

• Like 2

Glad you are able to get your cooler fixed! When we lived in Salt Lake, I liked ours a lot,, better than air conditioning to me. The photos of the fires on the news are just unbelievable. Last week we even had 3 days of smoky haze here in PA due to the weather pattern bringing it here. There were bad fires in Colorado when we visited my sister in 2002 and ash from far away kept landing on us in the yard. Blade Runner is a good description!

• Like 2

Sorry about your annual ride! Hope your parents are hanging in there with the heat coming. We are supposed to be getting high 90's even here in PA.

• Like 2