What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughtful and well written responses. I just live with a lot of political issues every day. My husband teaches; my daughter and my sister have a chronic illness. Plus this is central PA, people here still love Josh Duggar, FFS :( I just don't deal well,(obviously!) with seeing a lot of political opinions in all the threads where they have been appearing lately.

Fela Kuti is ahead of The Go-Go's for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by about 95,000 fan votes. The most successful all-female band that played their own instruments and wrote their own songs. Ever. Versus someone I have never heard of. Bear in mind, this isn't about whether I like an artist or not. Or even if I'm familiar with their music. But it's rare that I've never even heard of an artist that has enjoyed some degree of success. No clue who Fela Kuti is.

Pffffft.

Prior to reading about him because of that vote, I'd never heard of him either, and I suspect there are many millions more who haven't. He seems to be well known in his country and maybe by people who listen to that kind of music, but for him to have that many votes is odd/suspicious. I suspect some electronic manipulation.

If everyone on this site goes to https://vote.rockhall.com/ and votes for the Go-Go's we can do something about this travesty.

Accept cookies, log in to submit...yeah, I just don't care enough.

Fela Kuti is ahead of The Go-Go's for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by about 95,000 fan votes. The most successful all-female band that played their own instruments and wrote their own songs. Ever. Versus someone I have never heard of. Bear in mind, this isn't about whether I like an artist or not. Or even if I'm familiar with their music. But it's rare that I've never even heard of an artist that has enjoyed some degree of success. No clue who Fela Kuti is.

Pffffft.

Prior to reading about him because of that vote, I'd never heard of him either, and I suspect there are many millions more who haven't. He seems to be well known in his country and maybe by people who listen to that kind of music, but for him to have that many votes is odd/suspicious. I suspect some electronic manipulation.

If everyone on this site goes to https://vote.rockhall.com/ and votes for the Go-Go's we can do something about this travesty.

I cannot find the interview now (thanks for nothing, Google!) wherein Ian Anderson rips Fela Kuti as one of the great musical frauds of the 20th century, but it's easy to see his point.

• Like 1

Pffffft.

Misogynist. :gumby:

• Like 2

Pffffft.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

What in the flat earth is this Orwellian idiocy? This is his worst tweet and that's saying something. Go duck yourself, ex con.

Wxm7SCH.jpg

What in the flat earth is this Orwellian idiocy? This is his worst tweet and that's saying something. Go duck yourself, ex con.

Wxm7SCH.jpg

So, in your mind that looks like a coup?

Orwellian idiocy indeed.

Wxm7SCH.jpg

So, in your mind that looks like a coup?

Orwellian idiocy indeed.

Looks more like he's late for a date in a black sedan to me.

Wxm7SCH.jpg

You can cherry pick a picture from just about any violent event and claim it wasn't what it actually was. Kind of sad that some have fallen for it.

oSZY193l.png

Can you all please stop discussing the January 6th riots outside of SOCN?

I thought I posted this before, maybe I didn't. MY SON WORKS IN THE CAPITOL COMPLEX. HIS OFFICE WAS EVACUATED THAT DAY. HIS ROOMMATE IS THE LEGISLATIVE DIRECTOR FOR A MINNESOTA REPRESENTATIVE AND HAD TO FLEE DOWN A HALLWAY OUT OF HIS OFFICE THAT DAY. They are friends with many Capitol policemen, who are essentially their co workers. The lives of those policemen changed forever. At least 81 of them were assaulted. So yes, it was a big thing, yes, it was a coup attempt, yes, people were hollering "Hang Mike Pence" and meant it, and yes, Dinesh D'Souza tweets weird uninformed stuff but why do we have to talk about it here? I hear about it enough with many, many people from Pennsylvania currently being prosecuted for their crimes there that day. I would rather not hear about it outside of SOCN. Thank you in advance.

If you don’t want it discussed, it’s probably best just to say that and ask Invisible Airwaves to stop bringing up his ignorant and hypocritical arguments. When you insert all sorts of emotionally charged conspiracy theory garbage in your post, you invite a response.

Again, why do I have to read about it outside SOCN?

Ask Invisible Airwaves.

• Like 3

Colorado was shot up again. Birthday party. 6 shot to death.

Elon Musk seems to forget Dan Aykroyd was the first person with asperger's to host SNL.

Dan Aykroyd has Asperger's? I haven't read much about him in a while. Interesting!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Elon Musk seems to forget Dan Aykroyd was the first person with asperger's to host SNL.

Dan Aykroyd has Asperger's? I haven't read much about him in a while. Interesting!

He`s a shining example for Aspie`s like me! :D
  • Like 2

I really can't stand this spoiled brat. Those like her and Lena Dunham are the limo "liberal" equivalent of those like Nugent. Poor privileged you, Gwyneth.

https://www.independ...p-b1844450.html

She does seem to love to promote herself! :facepalm:

And those scented wax candles. I can think of another word that rhymes with Goop that fits.

• Like 3

German and Italian fascists from 80 years ago are laughing in their graves right now.

Wisconsin assembly lawmakers passed a bill Tuesday (a vote of 74-22) that would require the national anthem to be played before all sporting events at Wisconsin venues and arenas that receive taxpayer dollars.

Under the proposal from Rep. Tony Kurtz, R-Wonewoc, no sporting event may be held in a venue constructed at least in part with public money unless the event is preceded by the playing or singing of the national anthem.

The new "law" contains no specific definition of "sporting event" and it contains no penalty for non-compliance.

https://www.jsonline...nts/5035025001/

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by Principled Man

^^^ "German and Italian fascists..."?

:facepalm:

Shameful.

They certainly were.

• Like 1

^^^ "German and Italian fascists..."?

:facepalm:

Shameful.

Two things:

1: the level of stupid in Principled Man’s post is off the charts;

2: I thought we were going to keep politics in SOCN.

• Like 1

Screaming wife, banging on the floor.

I run upstairs and she`s trapped in the bath as a bat flutters around above her.

I mean, what the hell am I supposed to do? I don`t want to be turned into the undead.

• Like 1

Screaming wife, banging on the floor.

I run upstairs and she`s trapped in the bath as a bat flutters around above her.

I mean, what the hell am I supposed to do? I don`t want to be turned into the undead.

Someday, you two will look back at that moment and laugh, laugh, laugh.........well, maybe you will. ;)

• Like 2