Geddy will play Roundabout

apetersvt

Yes inductor Geddy Lee of Rush will be taking the late Chris Squire's place for "Roundabout," according to Anderson, and the group is also contemplating playing "I've Seen All Good People" and "Owner Of A Lonely Heart." Squire, the sole musician to remain with Yes until his death in 2015, will be represented by his widow. "Chris is going to be there in spirit," Anderson says. "He always believed that we should have been in the Hall of Fame 10, 29 years ago. It wasn't high on my agenda; 'It happens when it happens' was my mantra. But we know Chris will be there in spirit, in energy. I loved the guy very much. Without him I wouldn't be here, that's for sure.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/well-just-together-fun-yes-singer-jon-anderson-180505967.html

• Like 12

Nice. Wonder if Ged will sing back-ups?
  • Like 2

I remember an interview from 1980 or so where they said they went and saw Yes together while recording Caress of Steel, and they were so demoralized that they almost didn't finish the album afterward. I'm calling my shot now. Somehow that'll make its way into their speech, as some sort of funny excuse as to why it's their worst album.
  • Like 2

I remember an interview from 1980 or so where they said they went and saw Yes together while recording Caress of Steel, and they were so demoralized that they almost didn't finish the album afterward. I'm calling my shot now. Somehow that'll make its way into their speech, as some sort of funny excuse as to why it's their worst album.

VaporTrailsSnakes&ArrowsClockworkAngels is their worst album.

T4E is their worst album actually. With Caress, they had the excuse of being young and going for it.

Circular argument time! :)

Clockwork is one of their very best albums.

But I also love Caress.

Pardon my language but f***ing hell I'm excited for that, oh my god. Excited for something that will last 9 minutes in like a month. But yeah, Geddy playing Roundabout, get in!

I can't wait to see Geddy play again. My heart needs it!

• Like 2

This is like, crazy news. Like finding life on Mars or something.

Geddy Lee doing bass for Yes on Roundabout

Totally freakin awesome

Still hoping Al helps out on Going For The One

Edited by lifeson90

Not happening, per RIAB ...

UPDATE: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation sent a statement to Billboard after this story was published denying that Lee would perform at the ceremony. "Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson were only confirmed to do the induction speech for one of their favorite bands and not perform. They, like all the other Yes fans, look forward to honoring them and watching them perform at the induction ceremony on April 7 and the HBO broadcast on April 29."