Worst band names ever!

Entre_Perpetuo

The Alan Parsons Project

HSAS

and maybe it's my bias, but names like Emerson, Lake, and Palmer make the band sound like a law firm. I expect to hear commercials promising to get me the disability insurance I'm owed (of course, if that were ELP, the commercials would be eight minutes long, with multiple parts . . . )

I just found out there really is a band called Operation Wang Chung in regards to Austin Powers 2.

Toad The Wet Sprocket

The band stole it from an old Monty Python sketch, so they gets bonus points for that. Still, it's a pretty dumb name.... :D

• Like 2

I tend to think a lot of the 90s and forward metal bands have the worst names, like "iced Earth." The names strike me as trying to sound so ponderous and "heavy." I suppose the same can be said about things like Black Sabbath though, so what do I know?

Iced Earth changed their name from Purgatory in 1985. The bands leader and main songwriter Jon Schaffer got it from his best friend who suggested it. When his friend died in a motorcycle accident, he decided to name the band that as a tribute to him.

I just personally think the name Iced Earth has an overwrought vibe to it. Can I explain why I don't think that about some other names? Nope.

I tend to think a lot of the 90s and forward metal bands have the worst names, like "iced Earth." The names strike me as trying to sound so ponderous and "heavy." I suppose the same can be said about things like Black Sabbath though, so what do I know?

Iced Earth changed their name from Purgatory in 1985. The bands leader and main songwriter Jon Schaffer got it from his best friend who suggested it. When his friend died in a motorcycle accident, he decided to name the band that as a tribute to him.

Also Iced Earth is such a cool sounding name, and a great band.

Meh, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest...I rank the band and their name alongside these two.

There are far worse names than Iced Earth. Between The Buried and Me, Cattle Decapitation, Pissing Razors, Anal c***. Iced Earth doesn't sound that bad. At least it's marketable.

Those are pretty obvious choice though, no?

Toto is real goofy/bad. and i LOVE the band. honestly always thought it was a stupid name though.

Mick

Thing is...the name suits them perfectly

• Like 1

Megadeth.

Like,...let's include death but make it really over the top dude, like, mega! and we'll intentionally misspell it! That's it...megadeth! :facepalm:

I guess Superduperdeth was already taken. :eyeroll:

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 7

Megadeth.

Like,...let's include death but make it really over the top dude, like, mega! and we'll intentionally misspell it! That's it...megadeth! :facepalm:

I guess Superduperdeth was already taken. :eyeroll:

Incorrect amigo

A great and scary name

Back when dave had balls

A mega death is a million dead and supposedly how nuclear wars are measured

Yikes....

• Like 2

Foo Fighters

I believe Grohl is on record saying he’s have picked a better name if he’d known his project would blow up.

• Like 2