Do you sing at the top of your lungs to Rush?

DirkPrattLerxst

I am rarely not at the top of my voice doing anything.

Yes, all the time! I'm surprised my roommates haven't murdered me yet. I feel bad that they have to put up with my incessant singing and random outbursts of "I have heard the whispered tales of immortality!!"
  • Like 3

Singing all the time to whatever's in my head, though I make some exceptions so people around me don't have to hear me screw up the really hard stuff (which is most of Rush's catalogue). At the top of my lungs though? That would be difficult to do all the time, but it' say lot of fun when I get to.
  • Like 1

I do ,but i have been told that i sound like a cross between Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen.I guess there's room for improvement.

I do ,but i have been told that i sound like a cross between Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen.I guess there's room for improvement.

:P

Keep doing it anyway!

Nope. Never.

I sing and play guitar and have been told I have a very good voice.

But I cannot for the life of me sing Geddy. It just don't work for me.

I once tried doing Limelight for karaoke, but my voice cracked when I went for the high notes. Lesson learned. No Geddy Lee imitations in public. On a side note, I no longer attempt Robert Plant in public as well.

If you can't sing well, sing extremely badly.

That's what I do.

• Like 1

if the music is loud enough to cover my voice then yes. i did when i saw them in concert and i always do whenever i see a tribute band.

That's my answer.

It's bad enough that I have to hear my own voice in the car and at the venue so my vocal volume is always low if not totally muted.

I once tried doing Limelight for karaoke, but my voice cracked when I went for the high notes. Lesson learned. No Geddy Lee imitations in public. On a side note, I no longer attempt Robert Plant in public as well.

If you can't sing well, sing extremely badly.

That's what I do.

You & me both.

Of course

... and one of my favorites to sing completely off-key

Silence shrouds the forest

As the birds announce the dawn

Three travelers ford the river

And southward journey on

The road is LINED with peril

The air is charged with fear

The shadow of his nearness

Weighs like iron tears

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

I sing the whole day. My collegues and friends are really patient, but sometimes they try to stop me, screaming shut the f**k up, nagger. :LOL:

Yesterday I had a strange encounter in a mental institution, where I visited a friend. A guy walked up to me, noticing my Rush shirt, so he started to sing Animate. Unbelievable, that guy could hardly speak a sentence that makes any sense at all, but he sang the song with passion and without f**king up the lyrics. After he finished the song, he turned around and walked away. I stood there with my mouth open, totally flabbergasted. :o

Strange world...

• Like 4

I sing the whole day. My collegues and friends are really patient, but sometimes they try to stop me, screaming shut the f**k up, nagger. :LOL:

Yesterday I had a strange encounter in a mental institution, where I visited a friend. A guy walked up to me, noticing my Rush shirt, so he started to sing Animate. Unbelievable, that guy could hardly speak a sentence that makes any sense at all, but he sang the song with passion and without f**king up the lyrics. After he finished the song, he turned around and walked away. I stood there with my mouth open, totally flabbergasted. :o

Strange world...

Wow. Music is an amazing thing, isn't it?

• Like 2

Strange world...

Wow. Music is an amazing thing, isn't it?

Yep. That was a great experience and believe it or not, I had goosebumps afterwards. That guy made my day.

• Like 2

Strange world...

It's the only song that I could remember. Glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 2