What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Today is the seventh anniversary of my sister's death.

She left this world far too soon. I still think about her daily, and even after these several years have passed, I still sometimes think to myself, oh, I need to tell her about ______, and then I have to remind myself that she isn't here to do that anymore. That happens at least once a month or so. Obviously, I miss her, preciously.

I still have to laugh to myself, too, when I think of how a friend of hers once described her: "Alex is like a slice of Greenwich Village, transplanted to Dayton, Ohio." Haha...so very true.

She had such a tremendous (and yet fatally troubled) spirit. She changed the dynamic and the energy of whatever room she entered. It's easy for me to say this, even though it sounds like a cliche, but...a person like her only truly comes along once in a lifetime. There is no one who could ever fill the void that she left behind, in every life that she touched.

Rest in peace and laughter, big sis.

:rose:

((Hugs)) to you, and thank you for sharing her with us in your tribute. :hug2:

My brother trying to take me away from this house, where I temporarily live.

I hope everything works out for you- that sounds like a tough situation. . .

It's tough, but there must be a way... Thanks for your kind words. ^-^

Not really, terribly sad, but definitely bummed out- I had a hearing test at work yesterday, for the first time in about two years. Found out that I've lost some hearing in my left ear, at a particular frequency,

Shouldn't really be a big deal, but my hearing is something I definitely want to hold onto.

Someone at work showed me a video of a 14 year old girl being burned alive. I have a 14 year old daughter and I couldn't sleep all night.. this girl apparently murdered a cab driver but I'm sure she was just trying to survive a crazy place the with only the facilities she's been given. To handle it with evil tenfold instead of reasonable compassion for life then things only get worse. I know ghat it's one "small" incident but it seems evil is running the world right now more than ever.

I think something is bound to happen soon..

Someone at work showed me a video of a 14 year old girl being burned alive. I have a 14 year old daughter and I couldn't sleep all night.. this girl apparently murdered a cab driver but I'm sure she was just trying to survive a crazy place the with only the facilities she's been given. To handle it with evil tenfold instead of reasonable compassion for life then things only get worse. I know ghat it's one "small" incident but it seems evil is running the world right now more than ever.

That sounds like rather an unpleasant co-worker, unless they were so upset by it as well that they were seeking consolation from you. I'm usually easy going but in your situation I think I would have said I don't watch gross videos. I'm glad you and your daughter are safe!

• Like 1

This forum has. Blaming myself though for pouring to much of myself into it and expecting too much out...

That sounds like rather an unpleasant co-worker, unless they were so upset by it as well that they were seeking consolation from you. I'm usually easy going but in your situation I think I would have said I don't watch gross videos. I'm glad you and your daughter are safe!

A couple of thoughts...

- I'm not sure why that co-worker felt the need to show you that vid. Your co-worker wanted attention from you after showing something with a lot of impact? I think telling you what he/she saw would've been more than enough.

- "something is bound to happen soon"...well, things HAVE BEEN happening. Isn't that video proof of that "something"?

• Like 1

A couple of thoughts...

- I'm not sure why that co-worker felt the need to show you that vid. Your co-worker wanted attention from you after showing something with a lot of impact? I think telling you what he/she saw would've been more than enough.

- "something is bound to happen soon"...well, things HAVE BEEN happening. Isn't that video proof of that "something"?

She showed me the video pretty casually. It happened in Honduras, her home country so maybe shes a bit desensitized to that kind of thing..

The last few months have seen me and my family watching my grandmother slowly die, painfully and humiliatingly, from a range of awful health problems.

She passed last night.

So called friends on this forum have noticed a change in my behaviour, my shorter fuse, my bluntness and although this has all been unfair on my part, I have been going through a lot and it has changed me big time. Rather than have any small level of concern shown towards me, they decided to become really nasty after I decided that they were wrong to bully someone on this forum and I made it clear where I stood. Appears my choosing to be the right guy has made many assume I am a jerk and a cyberbully. It hurts, but then again at their age they should know better.

I am sorry to all I have hurt and upset, I chose not to share the root of many problems, and lately I have (quite rightly) been accused of being blunt to the point of offending.

Someone decided to threaten me, to call me out as a nasty guy last night, and I have a feeling two older guys on this forum who should know better are behind a lot of this.

Moving on from them, Fraroc, Zumbi and Earl, my deepest apologies. I have been so swamped with heavy emotions, insomnia and depression it has turned me into a rather cold and confrontational person. When I see others struggle, I am sorry but my reaction has been to treat you guys with a level of disdain I treat myself with. That was hurtful, and perhaps unforgivable. I have been a hypocrite and I am sorry.

Away from this forum, I have had wonderful support from friends who have alerted me to these changes (it has been apparent beyond the limited realms of this forum) and I am so sorry. I cannot expect anyone to understand my behavioural changes if you don't know my present circumstances. Earl does brilliantly too try and keep positive and upbeat, i can learn from him, as I allowed myself to crumble and become self centred. Sorry.

But to those who lately turned from being friends to self righteous enemies, good on you, be proud of yourselves. Well done for starting an argument hidden behind your keyboard. Not only have you upset yourselves, you showed me your true colours as well. Lovely.

To the guy who wants to call me out, sorry I led you to become so upset. I understand why you want to defend your friends and you have shown yourself to be loyal. Do what you think is best, I get you. You treat this situation no differently to how I treated a situation regarding a new guy a few weeks back.

But a woman who raised the wonderful daughter who became my mother died this weekend, and being confronted with the harsh realities of life and death have deeply affected me. This is the first time in my life that I have been confronted with death of a loved one, and it has not been easy.

So called friends on this forum, I won't apologise. I have done nothing wrong (and you know who you are). If you are deeply hurt by my mistakes, sorry but grow up.

But especially to ones like Fraroc, Earl and Zumbi, who I know I have been a jerk towards: sorry. I am so sorry.

As sad as I have been, I now have a chance to move on (my gran is at rest, and she wouldn't want me to linger forever in sorrow). I really will try and be positive on here.

• Like 3

The last few months have seen me and my family watching my grandmother slowly die, painfully and humiliatingly, from a range of awful health problems.

She passed last night.

So called friends on this forum have noticed a change in my behaviour, my shorter fuse, my bluntness and although this has all been unfair on my part, I have been going through a lot and it has changed me big time. Rather than have any small level of concern shown towards me, they decided to become really nasty after I decided that they were wrong to bully someone on this forum and I made it clear where I stood. Appears my choosing to be the right guy has made many assume I am a jerk and a cyberbully. It hurts, but then again at their age they should know better.

I am sorry to all I have hurt and upset, I chose not to share the root of many problems, and lately I have (quite rightly) been accused of being blunt to the point of offending.

Someone decided to threaten me, to call me out as a nasty guy last night, and I have a feeling two older guys on this forum who should know better are behind a lot of this.

Moving on from them, Fraroc, Zumbi and Earl, my deepest apologies. I have been so swamped with heavy emotions, insomnia and depression it has turned me into a rather cold and confrontational person. When I see others struggle, I am sorry but my reaction has been to treat you guys with a level of disdain I treat myself with. That was hurtful, and perhaps unforgivable. I have been a hypocrite and I am sorry.

Away from this forum, I have had wonderful support from friends who have alerted me to these changes (it has been apparent beyond the limited realms of this forum) and I am so sorry. I cannot expect anyone to understand my behavioural changes if you don't know my present circumstances. Earl does brilliantly too try and keep positive and upbeat, i can learn from him, as I allowed myself to crumble and become self centred. Sorry.

But to those who lately turned from being friends to self righteous enemies, good on you, be proud of yourselves. Well done for starting an argument hidden behind your keyboard. Not only have you upset yourselves, you showed me your true colours as well. Lovely.

To the guy who wants to call me out, sorry I led you to become so upset. I understand why you want to defend your friends and you have shown yourself to be loyal. Do what you think is best, I get you. You treat this situation no differently to how I treated a situation regarding a new guy a few weeks back.

But a woman who raised the wonderful daughter who became my mother died this weekend, and being confronted with the harsh realities of life and death have deeply affected me. This is the first time in my life that I have been confronted with death of a loved one, and it has not been easy.

So called friends on this forum, I won't apologise. I have done nothing wrong (and you know who you are). If you are deeply hurt by my mistakes, sorry but grow up.

But especially to ones like Fraroc, Earl and Zumbi, who I know I have been a jerk towards: sorry. I am so sorry.

As sad as I have been, I now have a chance to move on (my gran is at rest, and she wouldn't want me to linger forever in sorrow). I really will try and be positive on here.

I always feel reticent to give a 'like' to anyone's sadness, in this thread or any other.

I'm not aware of much of the other things you've referred to here, with regard to TRF. But please, do not think yourself a cyberbully, to any degree whatever. All that I know of you points to quite the opposite.

:rose: for your grandmother...may she rest in eternal peace.

And you be well, Segue.

• Like 4

Anybody that has to bring somebody down make themselves feel better doesn't deserve someone like Segue.

He's way better then most..........i mean it.

You take care my friend and may your Grandmother rest easy.

i just lost mine......so i know Segue.

Mick

• Like 4

She passed last night.

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandma :hug2: .

To all the other things you've mentioned I have not really been aware of them but I know that if my gran died I would probably be a bit sharp. Some people on here don't help of course. Nothing about you that I've seen has ever shown you to be a cyberbully or c anything like that. Hell, how many cyber bullies offer to bake everyone cupcakes?

• Like 1

my family can't get a loan modification for our house so our house is going up for sale on friday. if whoever buys it doesn't rent it to us then we have to move out asap. on one hand im sad because ive lived here for almost 14 years and no other house will feel like home and im afraid of being homesick. then again, the messiness/clutter/etc stresses me out beyond belief so a fresh, clean start could be kinda nice i guess. the thought of another family living in my house is what really makes me sad. i love the view i wake up to and the sound of the birds and the palm trees outside....i love it here and im gonna miss it. and what i really dont want is to have to share a room. i like having a spacious house to get away from the noise of my family.

my family members are thanking my deceased grandfather for his service in the navy on facebook

my family can't get a loan modification for our house so our house is going up for sale on friday. if whoever buys it doesn't rent it to us then we have to move out asap. on one hand im sad because ive lived here for almost 14 years and no other house will feel like home and im afraid of being homesick. then again, the messiness/clutter/etc stresses me out beyond belief so a fresh, clean start could be kinda nice i guess. the thought of another family living in my house is what really makes me sad. i love the view i wake up to and the sound of the birds and the palm trees outside....i love it here and im gonna miss it. and what i really dont want is to have to share a room. i like having a spacious house to get away from the noise of my family.

I'm sorry to hear this, Jamie. I hope something works out for your family; as you said, maybe your family can rent it back. I sound like I'm really old :codger: but these things have a way of working themselves out; I hope it's not too stressful for you. Rush music was really helpful to me during one big move for me , maybe that could help ;) but I hope it doesn't end up with a move for you and your family right now. :hug2:

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear this, Jamie. I hope something works out for your family; as you said, maybe your family can rent it back. I sound like I'm really old :codger: but these things have a way of working themselves out; I hope it's not too stressful for you. Rush music was really helpful to me during one big move for me , maybe that could help ;) but I hope it doesn't end up with a move for you and your family right now. :hug2:

I'm starting to feel a little more okay with it actually. This house feels so messy and chaotic which stresses me out, so maybe a new house will be better. Besides, it's been nearly 14 years. We've had plenty of time here. Change can be good and I need to stop being so afraid of it.
  • Like 1

Never mind this post, please. I'm not comfortable with sharing how I feel.

I'm sorry.

No need for "sorry". Sharing one's feelings can be overrated and even counter-productive.

Sometimes, it's just no one's damned business! :no:

• Like 3