What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Listened to a voice mail from my mother last night. One of the things she mentioned was that she got excited about a football game that she and my stepfather were watching, and jumped up in the air- and when she landed, she tripped on the rug, threw her back out and sprained her ankle. I didn't really find it plausible.

She's had equally (and even more) bizarre stories about random injuries she has sustained, for about the past 25 years now.

So 'puffed up with vanity' and pride that even at the age of 68, now, she can't even for a moment be honest with her own son about drinking, about alcoholism.

I don't hold a resentment about it; I long ago came to terms with the fact that that's just the way things are.

But it never ceases to make me sad.

Listened to a voice mail from my mother last night. One of the things she mentioned was that she got excited about a football game that she and my stepfather were watching, and jumped up in the air- and when she landed, she tripped on the rug, threw her back out and sprained her ankle. I didn't really find it plausible.

She's had equally (and even more) bizarre stories about random injuries she has sustained, for about the past 25 years now.

So 'puffed up with vanity' and pride that even at the age of 68, now, she can't even for a moment be honest with her own son about drinking, about alcoholism.

I don't hold a resentment about it; I long ago came to terms with the fact that that's just the way things are.

Blue J, how can she be honest with you when she can't admit it to herself?

^ I know. :( Your question illustrates the only pertinent point.

I guess I just wish she could. But that's not in my hands, of course.

Thank you for bringing me down to Earth about it. I mean that.

• Like 1

Trying to remember my past. I have photos of myself every year of my life and it doesn't matter which one I'm looking at, I can't remember a thing :( I guess I shouldn't care so much about it but it's a very strange feeling for me.

That is why I keep a journal and encourage my kids to keep them as well---it's hard to remember details especially as you grow older.

excellent idea. I don't know why I quit doing that.

Blue J, how can she be honest with you when she can't admit it to herself?

I was just thinking in that same line. It's sounds as though you love her anyway though; I'm glad.

I hate people that are hot and cold--like the Katy Perry song. One minute they like you or they want to be friends. The next minute they treat you like the plague and want you to go away. They send mixed signals depending on the mood they're in or the day they had. It's so annoying. People like that are usually trouble. They led you on and then tossed you aside.
  • Like 3

I hate people that are hot and cold--like the Katy Perry song. One minute they like you or they want to be friends. The next minute they treat you like the plague and want you to go away. They send mixed signals depending on the mood they're in or the day they had. It's so annoying. People like that are usually trouble. They led you on and then tossed you aside.

Yes. I know exactly what you are talking about.

Great example,

Of a woman at work. At this point, I have lost a lot of respect for her. I can't stand people like that.

• Like 1

Great example,

Of a woman at work. At this point, I have lost a lot of respect for her. I can't stand people like that.

Neither can I.

• Like 1

Great example,

Neither can I.

It really is pathetic at this point. :facepalm: Can be a good worker but is so full of sh**. I won't have any thing to to do with that type of person.

• Like 1

Great example,

Neither can I.

Me too. I don't get it.

• Like 2

Leaving my old job, and having to say goodbye to my customers, co-workers and boss. It's hard saying goodbye to people you've know for 5+ years.

Keep in mind that it's a blessing to feel like that about your professional colleagues.

I've been working in the same place for almost twelve years, and I don't feel anything close to the way you do.

Best of luck to you in your new venture.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

Today is the seventh anniversary of my sister's death.

She left this world far too soon. I still think about her daily, and even after these several years have passed, I still sometimes think to myself, oh, I need to tell her about ______, and then I have to remind myself that she isn't here to do that anymore. That happens at least once a month or so. Obviously, I miss her, preciously.

I still have to laugh to myself, too, when I think of how a friend of hers once described her: "Alex is like a slice of Greenwich Village, transplanted to Dayton, Ohio." Haha...so very true.

She had such a tremendous (and yet fatally troubled) spirit. She changed the dynamic and the energy of whatever room she entered. It's easy for me to say this, even though it sounds like a cliche, but...a person like her only truly comes along once in a lifetime. There is no one who could ever fill the void that she left behind, in every life that she touched.

Rest in peace and laughter, big sis.

:rose:

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 5

She left this world far too soon. I still think about her daily, and even after these several years have passed, I still sometimes think to myself, oh, I need to tell her about ______, and then I have to remind myself that she isn't here to do that anymore. That happens at least once a month or so. Obviously, I miss her, preciously.

I still have to laugh to myself, too, when I think of how a friend of hers once described her: "Alex is like a slice of Greenwich Village, transplanted to Dayton, Ohio." Haha...so very true.

She had such a tremendous (and yet fatally troubled) spirit. She changed the dynamic and the energy of whatever room she entered. It's easy for me to say this, even though it sounds like a cliche, but...a person like her only truly comes along once in a lifetime. There is no one who could ever fill the void that she left behind, in every life that she touched.

:hug2:

:hug2: