What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

The reality of :rush: pretty much calling it the end,

Just the memories and what these guys have been through the past forty years tugs at my heart.

:o

:(

• Like 1

The reality of :rush: pretty much calling it the end,

Just the memories and what these guys have been through the past forty years tugs at my heart.

I feel you, dude.

I think it may be the end of that facet of their career, certainly. But not the end of :rush: altogether.

• Like 1

The question at this point for me is "What isn't making you sad?"

I am an absolute emotional trainwreck right now and I've been for quite a while. At this point, I'm ready to go see a psychiatrist because nothing else seems to be making any effect on me.

Edited by fraroc

I am an absolute emotional trainwreck right now and I've been for quite a while. At this point, I'm ready to go see a psychiatrist because nothing else seems to be making any effect on me.

Good for you. It's up to you to change things. Nothing changes if nothing changes
  • Like 4

Good for you. It's up to you to change things. Nothing changes if nothing changes

Exactly- if you do what you've always done, you're going to keep getting what you've always gotten.

• Like 2

If you had a broken leg you'd go to the doctor. You wouldn't deliberate. The aching discomfort of the leg would be too great. This IS the same thing. Mental health workers would consider the best course of action to take...in a similar manner that a general practitioner would about a broken leg.

Signed,

a former mental health worker

• Like 4

If you had a broken leg you'd go to the doctor. You wouldn't deliberate. The aching discomfort of the leg would be too great. This IS the same thing. Mental health workers would consider the best course of action to take...in a similar manner that a general practitioner would about a broken leg.

Signed,

a former mental health worker

Well said.

I looked in the mirror.

Look again, and this time see the beautiful person that brings light and joy into the lives of so many.

Amen :cheers: Sometimes I have to look multiple times to grab onto a positive but it should take jamie but one look although I will say to be frank at that age it can be tough from what I barely remember... :)
  • Like 2

I looked in the mirror.

Look again, and this time see the beautiful person that brings light and joy into the lives of so many.

Amen :cheers: Sometimes I have to look multiple times to grab onto a positive but it should take jamie but one look although I will say to be frank at that age it can be tough from what I barely remember... :)

Staring at your own eyes in the mirror for a couple of minutes everyday may at first seem weird, but eventually you'll recognize all the good that's in you :)

• Like 3

I looked in the mirror.

I remember that age very well. Teenage years have got to be the most difficult time of someone's life. I don't understand the people who called them "the best years of their life." Jamie, the best years are to come. Life keeps getting better--just remember that on the tough days.

• Like 2

I looked in the mirror.

I remember that age very well. Teenage years have got to be the most difficult time of someone's life. I don't understand the people who called them "the best years of their life." Jamie, the best years are to come. Life keeps getting better--just remember that on the tough days.

True. Life gets better for every day :)

• Like 1

I looked in the mirror.

Staring at your own eyes in the mirror for a couple of minutes everyday may at first seem weird, but eventually you'll recognize all the good that's in you :)

A great habit to develop! "You have to love yourself before you can truly love others." Edited by goose
  • Like 2

This actually happened the day before I went on my little trip to Greensboro a week ago. I have been informed that my disability payments will be discontinued in September. I have been on long term disability for 2 years now and after two years the language and definition of "disabled" changes in accordance with the policy I had through my former employer. I am supposed to have a hearing for SS disability on October 21st but don't feel very confident about winning that judgement at this point. I must earn money to stay afloat and had actually just started to finally get ahead a little after all the doctor bills etc over the past 2 and a half years and now I am going to go down the tubes again and I am scared to be honest. Their decision to pull my disability payments is complicated but unjust at this point in my view. I am unhealthy enough not to be able to earn the kind of money needed to stay afloat but not unhealthy enough to work in some capacity (and make half to two thirds if I'm lucky of what I need to stay afloat). I am stuck between a rock and a hard place and am scared for my future to be honest. I can appeal their decision but doubt it would amount to anything... :(

This actually happened the day before I went on my little trip to Greensboro a week ago. I have been informed that my disability payments will be discontinued in September. I have been on long term disability for 2 years now and after two years the language and definition of "disabled" changes in accordance with the policy I had through my former employer. I am supposed to have a hearing for SS disability on October 21st but don't feel very confident about winning that judgement at this point. I must earn money to stay afloat and had actually just started to finally get ahead a little after all the doctor bills etc over the past 2 and a half years and now I am going to go down the tubes again and I am scared to be honest. Their decision to pull my disability payments is complicated but unjust at this point in my view. I am unhealthy enough not to be able to earn the kind of money needed to stay afloat but not unhealthy enough to work in some capacity (and make half to two thirds if I'm lucky of what I need to stay afloat). I am stuck between a rock and a hard place and am scared for my future to be honest. I can appeal their decision but doubt it would amount to anything... :(

That's harsh, brother. I hope things work out for the better. Do you have a rehab counselor?
  • Like 1

I am so sorry, Narps. :hug2: :( All I can offer is I hope this works out for you, and as Lorraine stated, fight this with a lawyer..

• Like 2