What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Paris is under siege.

Mais elle prevaudra neanmoins!! (But she will prevail nevertheless!!). :ebert: :ebert:

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandma :hug2: .

To all the other things you've mentioned I have not really been aware of them but I know that if my gran died I would probably be a bit sharp. Some people on here don't help of course. Nothing about you that I've seen has ever shown you to be a cyberbully or c anything like that. Hell, how many cyber bullies offer to bake everyone cupcakes?

I feel your sadness Segue.. watched my grandfather "check-out" via a steady, prolonged shutdown, not to ill health - just old age.. if he was an animal he would have been put to sleep long before. Such a sad end to a sad life..i didn't even like the guy, but a horrible way to go nonetheless !

My mother may have been given a death sentence by her doctor today.

Really sorry to hear that, Union.

The best advice I can give is that since you said 'may have'...just don't jump to a conclusion that may not be, either.

Take good care.

• Like 1

She has kidney failure and the transplant people have denied her the waiting list after 3 years of trying. So it's all a matter of how long she survives on Dialysis. Could be a year, could be a lot more. It's so uncertain. My only hope is that I can possibly donate and that may clear them of some red tape and give her a shot. But given all my health problems, it's very unlikely they'll allow me to.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Union. But, to the best of my knowledge (after working in UCSF's kidney transplant office), a person can survive infinitely on dialysis. So she may very well be around for awhile.

She has kidney failure and the transplant people have denied her the waiting list after 3 years of trying. So it's all a matter of how long she survives on Dialysis. Could be a year, could be a lot more. It's so uncertain. My only hope is that I can possibly donate and that may clear them of some red tape and give her a shot. But given all my health problems, it's very unlikely they'll allow me to.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Union. Sending my best wishes that your mother will have the best possible outcome!

I have spoken to my wife about this very subject in the past. I would love someday to give someone life with one of my kidneys if the opportunity ever presents itself. I can't imagine anything feeling better than giving the gift of life to another. Obviously once I am dead folks can have all that is still good but to do it while you are still alive it seems like it would be an incredible feeling. I wish your mom all the best and if I could give her one of mine I certainly would. I couldn't imagine anything better. Take care friend and keep us posted... :hug2: Edited by Narps

McDonalds in Japan is now offering a 48 piece chicken nugget bucket..

What's your mother's first name? I will pray for her. If you don't want to tell me, that's ok.

Edited by Lorraine

What's your mother's first name? I will pray for her. If you don't want to tell me, that's ok.

Sorry but she has a phobia about spreading her name online and stuff so I can't say it. Thank you very much though.

I have spoken to my wife about this very subject in the past. I would love someday to give someone life with one of my kidneys if the opportunity ever presents itself. I can't imagine anything feeling better than giving the gift of life to another. Obviously once I am dead folks can have all that is still good but to do it while you are still alive it seems like it would be an incredible feeling. I wish your mom all the best and if I could give her one of mine I certainly would. I couldn't imagine anything better. Take care friend and keep us posted... :hug2:

The doctors have claimed there isn't enough space in her body to receive one. We may try a different hospital for a different opinion. She's been on dialysis for 3 years now and still has lots of energy so we've got plenty of time to get second opinions.

• Like 1

Sorry but she has a phobia about spreading her name online and stuff so I can't say it. Thank you very much though.

I have spoken to my wife about this very subject in the past. I would love someday to give someone life with one of my kidneys if the opportunity ever presents itself. I can't imagine anything feeling better than giving the gift of life to another. Obviously once I am dead folks can have all that is still good but to do it while you are still alive it seems like it would be an incredible feeling. I wish your mom all the best and if I could give her one of mine I certainly would. I couldn't imagine anything better. Take care friend and keep us posted... :hug2:

The doctors have claimed there isn't enough space in her body to receive one. We may try a different hospital for a different opinion. She's been on dialysis for 3 years now and still has lots of energy so we've got plenty of time to get second opinions.

Good grief I would certainly get a few more opinions. I couldn't imagine the exhilaration of giving life as I said. I would love to do it someday and I hope for your moms sake someone else feels the same way. As far as I know God gave you two but you only really need one... :hug2: again my friend... Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

Our cat died this morning. He had an aggressive cancer. I don't equate the life of an animal with a human being, nevertheless it is painful and hard to watch an animal die a slow and agonizing death. Cats have mastered well the art of suffering. Never a cry escapes from them. They go find a place apart where they can die alone.

Rest in peace, Henry.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Our cat died this morning. He had an aggressive cancer. I don't equate the life of an animal with a human being, nevertheless it is painful and hard to watch an animal die a slow and agonizing death. Cats have mastered well the art of suffering. Never a cry escapes from them. They go find a place apart where they can die alone.

Rest in peace, Henry.

It hurts I should know. So sorry to hear... :( :hug2:

I could cry my eyeballs out right now. I feel so bad.

I could cry my eyeballs out right now. I feel so bad.

:( ... :rose: