IF GEDDY LEE LOSES HIS VOICE-WHO CAN REPLACE HIM!? (A Hypothetical Question)

Red Dwarf

Me, Mo, Rex.

Well, when Peter Gabriel left Genesis they went with Phil Collins... so maybe Neil has some pipes we don't know about? ;)

:LOL:

That would be quite a surprise. Neil's voice is the deepest of the three of them, by far.

I keep imagining Neil stepping up to a mic and suddenly hitting 70's-era Geddy notes, and it cracks me up every time. :)

Edited by gudbuytjane

No one can. OK, let's go for 3 hours instrumental!

This. In fact, I'd rather see this than when Geddy is struggling (eg., the TMT show in Cleveland).

Is Tiny Tim still alive?

He could tip-toe through Finding My Way.

That's who that guy from Imagine Dragons sounds like when they cover Tom Sawyer.

Well, when Peter Gabriel left Genesis they went with Phil Collins... so maybe Neil has some pipes we don't know about? ;)

:LOL:

That would be quite a surprise. Neil's voice is the deepest of the three of them, by far.

When Geddy was on VH1 (either That Metal Show or the one that followed it) he made a point of saying that you don't want to hear Neil sing. Apparently he's no good.

Uh....nobody. Period. Not even a remote possibility. If there are two lead singers in history who absolutely cannot be replaced, it's Geddy Lee and Freddie Mercury. What Brian May has done to Queen since Freddie's passing is an atrocity.
  • Like 3

So, in the spirit of the question, after listening to the clips from the new Van Halen live album I would pick David Lee Roth.

Are you high? DLR can't even sing his own songs in his range, much less Geddy's.

VH's new live album is a joke. Much like the band themselves these days.

Edited by Van Squalen

I still say a moo cow named Bessie has a chance at winning this gig...