last movie you watched

sonicjams

Age of innocence. Lewis./Ryder/phiffer (sic)

It was yawnalicious :zzz:

Edited by librarian

Passengers. Not what I expected. Likeable andi who hates Chris Pratt?

I enjoyed that flick more than I thought I would. It's an interesting premise and I always enjoy movies that get me asking myself if I would do something similar if placed in the same moral dilemma.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/fargo_poster_goldposter_com_30.jpg

Buscemi's silent treatment kills me!

"Oh f**k it. I don't have to talk to you either, man. See how you like it....

Just total f***ing silence.

Two can play at that game, smart guy.

We'll just see how you like it..."

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

IT

one of the last showings at my theater.

I LOVED this movie. every second of it. the kids were fantastic. it Was a bit stranger things. but it was a better Stranger Things than Stranger things IMO.

it was surprisingly very faithful to the book. but i loved that it was just the kids. it worked better than in the book where they inter-cut the kids story with their adult lives. but keeping this part just them.....it elevated it.

The only thing that really didn't work was IT as Pennywise. not scary at all. Much prefer tim Curry.

but man it was REALLY good. looking forward to part 2

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Fat Man and Little Boy with Paul Newman. He was a general directing the atomic bomb project at Los Alamos in 1945. It looked like it had promise with the cast (Paul Newman, John Cusack, Laura Dern) but it turned out to be a stinker ! I wanted to change the channel but Mr. blues stuck with until the end. Spoiler- the atomic bomb was invented.

4Nw7k4Zm.jpg

Fat Man and Little Boy with Paul Newman. He was a general directing the atomic bomb project at Los Alamos in 1945. It looked like it had promise with the cast (Paul Newman, John Cusack, Laura Dern) but it turned out to be a stinker ! I wanted to change the channel but Mr. blues stuck with until the end. Spoiler- the atomic bomb was invented.

4Nw7k4Zm.jpg

Saw that movie in 11th grade history class almost 20 years ago.

Battle Of The Sexes

Love the 70s style retro logo and fanfare for the Fox Searchlight logo at the beginning. Universal just did this with American Made. Always love it when studios do this.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Guardians of the Galaxy 2. It was OK but I liked the first one better.

Same here. The translation of some of main characters from comic to screen (in both films but more so in part 2) still bother me.

Keeping it positive, the most accurate characterizations from the comics have been Drax (this weaker version) and Rocket IMHO. Although Drax still should've been green instead of grey.

Yeah, I realize most don't follow any of the comics and basically don't need to, I'm just talking out loud.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Same here. The translation of some of main characters from comic to screen (in both films but more so in part 2) still bother me.

Keeping it positive, the most accurate characterizations from the comics have been Drax (this weaker version) and Rocket IMHO. Although Drax still should've been green instead of grey.

Yeah, I realize most don't follow any of the comics and basically don't need to, I'm just talking out loud.

Yeah I couldn’t tell you about the comics but those two seemed more authentic in this movie compared to the prior one.

Yeah I couldn’t tell you about the comics but those two seemed more authentic in this movie compared to the prior one.

A much more powerful Drax in the early days...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_Es6bfzgecY/UIP1294E8xI/AAAAAAAALn4/x5TORdIJ4Ss/s1600/z_Captain_Marvel_32-11-12.jpg

A depowered Drax more similar to what we got on film...

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/bb/06/ce/bb06cee5577fd8121d43607bf58a192a.jpg

This one with Rocket is from maybe 35 years ago but he's pretty similar to what we've seen...

hulk-271-rocket-racoon.jpg

• Like 2

http://ksassets.timeincuk.net/wp/uploads/sites/55/2017/05/Mother-920x584.jpg

How was this?

I liked it but it was kinda violent. It was a horror movie, after all. Don't take your daughter to that one. Jennifer Lawrence should get an Oscar nom for that performance. She is one of the best actors of all time. I am a huge fan of hers.

• Like 1

Blade Runner 2049

Speak my man! How was it? :popcorn:

Really good movie with amazing cinematography from Deakins. Reading some spoiler reviews and watching a few on YouTube to make sense since it’s a complicated plot and a movie you probably have to watch again to get more clues. Definitely not a movie for short attention spans. Dennis is 4 for 4 as a director now with this, Arrival, Sicario and Prisoners.

Waiting-poster.jpg

• Like 1

Watched 1981's Thief for the first time .. The best I have ever seen James Caan ... Very stylish vibe for 1981 - the rainy night shots and dark streets of Chicago are amazing ..

Tangerine Dream soundtrack

Excellent movie

http://annyas.com/screenshots/images/1981/thief-trailer-typography.jpg

• Like 3