last movie you watched

sonicjams

Wowzers, really, Fight Club was messed up for you JB? :o Ok. Both stars are way overrated I know, but at the same time I try to give each new movie a fair go. Did you see him in that IRA movie with Harrison Ford? It wasn't a total disaster... was it for you?? :unsure:

I just see him as overacting in Fight Club and Se7en and other stuff too. It's just that those two are among his most popular so I thought I'd mention them. I did like a lot of parts of both BUT I'm sure I would've liked those two movies more if he hadn't been in them. I do like Morgan Freeman and Edward Norton more than a little so I can't blame it on either of them.

"Oh god...god...no...What's in the box?!"

http://i.imgflip.com/1p5tqo.jpg

Dreadful!

And I know that this line has or had been often quoted but it never really did much for me:

http://dicktalens.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/memes7.jpg

Oh, I didn't see that one with Ford that you mentioned.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Blade Runner 2049

Truly truly truly Stunning film

I didn't except to be moved the way i was.

you have to understand i wasn't a huge fan of the original. Absolutely highly influential film and i like it. but i never really revered it like most.

but i loved this.

Minor quibble........and guns down it's MINOR.......i felt it could have been trimmed a bit. there were tiny pockets where i'd phase out.

but i still loved it.

Mick

Blade Runner 2049

you have to understand i wasn't a huge fan of the original. Absolutely highly influential film and i like it. but i never really revered it like most.

but i loved this.

Minor quibble........and guns down it's MINOR.......i felt it could have been trimmed a bit. there were tiny pockets where i'd phase out.

but i still loved it.

Mick

I somewhat agree about the length, but once I own it on Blu-Ray and can watch in the comfort of my own home, I'll have no problems with the running time. It's ripe for multiple viewings :)

• Like 1

Blade Runner 2049

but i loved this.

but i still loved it.

Mick

I somewhat agree about the length, but once I own it on Blu-Ray and can watch in the comfort of my own home, I'll have no problems with the running time. It's ripe for multiple viewings :)

i can agree. i just had to the go to the bathroom was part of the problem and you can't pause in a movie theater and just hate having to get up and go,

but i'll see if that problem goes away on blu rey or not, lol

l

Mick

Blade Runner 2049

but i loved this.

but i still loved it.

Mick

i can agree. i just had to the go to the bathroom was part of the problem and you can't pause in a movie theater and just hate having to get up and go,

l

Mick

haha 10 mins after the movie started I was damnit I have to pee!

• Like 1

Blade Runner 2049

but i loved this.

but i still loved it.

Mick

l

Mick

I HATE that.......espeicially if you just went before leaving home, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Watched 1981's Thief for the first time .. The best I have ever seen James Caan ... Very stylish vibe for 1981 - the rainy night shots and dark streets of Chicago are amazing ..

Tangerine Dream soundtrack

Excellent movie

http://annyas.com/screenshots/images/1981/thief-trailer-typography.jpg

Saw that on Starz years ago. Great debut from Michael Mann.

The_D_Train_poster.jpg

• Like 1

Blade Runner 2049

Speak my man! How was it? :popcorn:

Def on the list! Btw did you see Allied yet? Not sure if that's been reviewed here yet.

Not a fan of Brad Pitt. And that's putting it mildly.

It's just like the Tom Cruise syndrome. Not putting me off. I've seen a few decent movies with Pitt anyway.

I understand.

Anytime I like a movie with Pitt in it, he wasn't the main star. I'm thinking The Big Short, Thelma & Louise, 12 Years a Slave, and Burn After Reading.

I can't think of one movie I liked of his in which he was the star. I'm thinking stuff like 12 Monkeys and Interview with a Vampire.

And then there are the movies that I think I would've liked much more if he weren't in it messing it up for me. I'm thinking Se7en, Fight Club, and Snatch.

I'll say this: Cruise has more movies I enjoy and his best in better than Pitt's best. And Pitt's worst is worse than Cruise's worst.

Pitts at his best in comedic roles. He’s the best thing about Burn After Reading. Frankly, a better performance that year than Ben Burton.

• Like 1

Blade Runner 2049

but i loved this.

but i still loved it.

Mick

l

Mick

I HATE that.......espeicially if you just went before leaving home, lol

Mick

I just read this in a review :LOL:

2049 prompts new conversations about re-introducing short theater intermissions, it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. For now, we are still biological humans and can’t properly ponder a sci-fi future while dwelling on the much faster-approaching dystopia building in our bladders at the same time.

• Like 1

Body Double. And it was awful.

This? Or is there another one?

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/body-double-1984/large_d7P3VAAWqPYrdShefFUORmIvhkF.jpg

If it's this one, it provided plenty of lusting for 12-13 year old me when it came on HBO or Cinemax back in the mid-80s. I don't remember the story really. I just remember keeping the tv volume down in the middle of the night and hoping my parents didn't walk in on me watching it in the living room! :LOL:

Mid-1980s Melanie Griffith! :hail:

:LOL:

We´ve all been there...and look at her today:

http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/melanie-griffith-at-style-hollywood-oscar-viewing-dinner-in-los-angeles-02-26-2017_1.jpg

Body Double. And it was awful.

This? Or is there another one?

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/body-double-1984/large_d7P3VAAWqPYrdShefFUORmIvhkF.jpg

If it's this one, it provided plenty of lusting for 12-13 year old me when it came on HBO or Cinemax back in the mid-80s. I don't remember the story really. I just remember keeping the tv volume down in the middle of the night and hoping my parents didn't walk in on me watching it in the living room! :LOL:

Mid-1980s Melanie Griffith! :hail:

:LOL:

We´ve all been there...and look at her today:

http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/melanie-griffith-at-style-hollywood-oscar-viewing-dinner-in-los-angeles-02-26-2017_1.jpg

Well, good thing it was 27 year old Melanie in Body Double and not 60 year old Melanie!

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/4e/40/82/4e4082f57c4827aac695d9195bea6413--melanie-griffith-applications.jpg

The third Brian DePalma film in the past month for me .. Blow Out, Dressed To Kill and Carrie

I'm ashamed to say that this was the first time I've ever seen Carrie, and it was G R E A T ... Sissy Spacek KNOCK 'EM DEAD KID

What a performance

Carrieposter.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

The third Brian DePalma film in the past month for me .. Blow Out, Dressed To Kill and Carrie

I'm ashamed to say that this was the first time I've ever seen Carrie, and it was G R E A T ... Sissy Spacek KNOCK 'EM DEAD KID

What a performance

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d7/Carrieposter.jpg

First time?!! Holy cow!!!

What an excellent, creepy movie it is!

• Like 1

What a performance

Carrie is one of those classics that somehow I never watched !! ... excellent movie, one of DePalma's best

I didn't know about the subplot with Carrie's mother .. geeesh, Piper Laurie was great too in her role

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

What a performance

Carrie is one of those classics that somehow I never watched !! ... excellent movie, one of DePalma's best

I didn't know about the subplot with Carrie's mother .. geeesh, Piper Laurie was great too in her role

There's a similar mother in Salem's Lot on a smaller scale. Susan Norton's mother.

• Like 1

What a performance

There's a similar mother in Salem's Lot on a smaller scale. Susan Norton's mother.

I just looked her up, and that was Bonnie Bartlett .. She's a great character actress

Maybe I'll do Salem's Lot tomorrow after the Broncos game