last movie you watched

sonicjams

220px-Worldsgreatestdad.jpg

Wow, was this an interesting movie! One of the darkest comedies I've seen in a long time...so dark it took a while to give myself permission to laugh. Daryl Sabara gives a great performance as a son that any father would hate, and when the son dies unexpectedly in the most embarrassing of circumstances, dark comedy ensues. The nature of the death (auto-strangulation) made it an awkward viewing experience, considering that it was Robin Williams in the lead as the father that tries to cover up the cause of death.

The movie is a comment on how we often canonize (not-so-great) people after their death. Worth watching.

Edited by goose
  • Like 3

Wow, was this an interesting movie! One of the darkest comedies I've seen in a long time...so dark it took a while to give myself permission to laugh. Daryl Sabara gives a great performance as a son that any father would hate, and when the son dies unexpectedly in the most embarrassing of circumstances, dark comedy ensues. The nature of the death (auto-strangulation) made it an awkward viewing experience, considering that it was Robin Williams in the lead as the father that tries to cover up the cause of death.

The movie is a comment on how we often canonize (not-so-great) people after their death. Worth watching.

I remember that film, sort of uncomfortable, but made so much sense.

With a lot of the films that Mr williams did, I wonder what they meant to him. Especially how things panned out. Really miss Mr Williams.

Great use of Under Pressure at that ending and the Hornsby cameo.

Great use of Under Pressure at that ending and the Hornsby cameo.

:yes:

I remember that film, sort of uncomfortable, but made so much sense.

With a lot of the films that Mr williams did, I wonder what they meant to him. Especially how things panned out. Really miss Mr Williams.

He really put himself into his roles, this one in particular.

Fender_Bender_%28film%29.jpg

This sucked. The description made it sound like a Duel/Joy Ride/that segment from Nightmares type thing...I enjoy those car stalker movies...but nah, it's a typical slasher. The main girl might be the dumbest character in a horror movie. Almost everything she does will have you yelling at the screen. Not a good flick, but I had fun roasting it with the wife. We called the killer Fender Bender the whole time and giggled like idiots.

• Like 1

Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2! Even better than the first one!
  • Like 1

This sucked. The description made it sound like a Duel/Joy Ride/that segment from Nightmares type thing...I enjoy those car stalker movies...but nah, it's a typical slasher. The main girl might be the dumbest character in a horror movie. Almost everything she does will have you yelling at the screen. Not a good flick, but I had fun roasting it with the wife. We called the killer Fender Bender the whole time and giggled like idiots.

Storm, have you ever seen the movie from 1977 called Night Terror with Valerie Harper ?? .. I think it would fit in with the car stalker style you're talking about ... That, and Race With The Devil

• Like 1

Storm, have you ever seen the movie from 1977 called Night Terror with Valerie Harper ?? .. I think it would fit in with the car stalker style you're talking about ... That, and Race With The Devil

I haven't seen Night Terror, but I'll look out for it. Thank you good sir!

• Like 1

Hacksaw Ridge. Don't have so much time for movies now.

Terrific movie.

• Like 1