last movie you watched

sonicjams

Regression_poster.jpg

I found Emma Watson to be really good in this. Boring movie though.

• Like 1

The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King (Extended Edition) (10/10)

One Bluray. Oh my word...after all these years I still am blown away by the finale.

Amongst the most perfect movies ever made.

La La Land.

f**k right off Hollywood. Nearly punched my wife in the arm for making me see this!

thanks for the laugh.

but yea i get it. i enjoyed it for an utterly stupid night out.

but yea its like eating pure sugar.

your teeth might actually fall out if you overdo seeing this movie, lol

Mick

• Like 1

La La Land.

f**k right off Hollywood. Nearly punched my wife in the arm for making me see this!

thanks for the laugh.

but yea i get it. i enjoyed it for an utterly stupid night out.

but yea its like eating pure sugar.

your teeth might actually fall out if you overdo seeing this movie, lol

Mick

I thought it ran very deep and I didn't find it sugary at all. The sole purpose of the sugar coating is to counteract against the brute power of reality.

For all the giddy highs and promise of ambition and hope, the film reveals we can't have always have it all. Love and dreams fulfilled don't go hand in hand.

Any smart, discerning viewer would watch this and understand the depth on display. I'm surprised you overlooked the depth and just looked at the artifice that clearly reveals that sometimes the best we hope for is nothing more than fantasy, a moment isn't the same as an entire lifetime, even if in the moment our entire life feels like all we have.

La La Land is one of the most far reaching and emotionally complex movies I have ever seen. Alongside Requiem For A Dream, Cabaret, The Pianist and Schindler's List as one of the most moving and honest motion pictures I have ever sat through.

Edited by Segue Myles

Got in before the kids got out of school...and yes, Iron Man sucks. lego-batman.png?resize=400%2C400

:LOL:

Saturday I took my family and twelve kids as part of my son's birthday. The movie had funny dialogue...but I slept through a lot of it. :LOL:

• Like 1

220px-Still_Alice_-_Movie_Poster.jpg

That movie deserves all the praise it gets and more, more, more

One of the greatest movies of our time. It really should be talked about more, and the entire cast are outstanding. I am not sure I could watch it again anytime soon as it left too deep an impression but Julianne Moore gave one of the best performances I have ever seen, from any era of film-making. She deserved her Oscar more than anyone else in recent years.

Got in before the kids got out of school...and yes, Iron Man sucks. lego-batman.png?resize=400%2C400

And Batman wrote Man In The Mirror in related news. :LOL:

Saw Lego Batman and followed it up with John Wick 2 as a double bill yesterday to max out my Regal Cinemas gift card. Nice seeing Neo and Morpheus reunited. Anyone else see that scene with Fishburne and immediately think Ghost Dog Way Of The Samaurai?