last movie you watched

sonicjams

movieposter.jpg That scene where they revealed the reason WHY he became lonely was something I didn't expect.

I really like this movie, especially the way they tied up the flashback scenes with the "present day" ones. Casey's performance is great, but not Oscar worthy. His nephew was great, as was Michelle Williams. Matthew Broderick's cameo was fun and scary!

• Like 1

Rise of the Guardians. Rented this today. Thought it was quite good. Teared up at the end but in a good way.

Inside Out. Another good movie. Better than I thought it would be considering the premise.

It's saddens me we won't get to see Guardians expanded but we get a never ending supply of Ice Age movies. They did a great job setting up an entire world within a world and it deserved further exploration.

It's saddens me we won't get to see Guardians expanded but we get a never ending supply of Ice Age movies. They did a great job setting up an entire world within a world and it deserved further exploration.

I think after the failure of the 5th one that came out, it's safe to say "Ice Age" is officially extinct.

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/batman-v-superman-final-trailer-imax-poster.jpg

First time watching this since the cinema. It's gotten worse. Lex Luthor was an absolute joke. What were they thinking?! And what was whatshisname doing in the Luthor role?! It was worse than Ahnold as Mister Freeze. I've got too many complaints with this movie so I'm going with what I thought was good: Gal Gadot was a hot and good Wonder Woman, Batfleck was very surprisingly decent, various Batman fight scenes (including the Supes one), Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

• Like 1

http://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/themanwhofelltoearth_main-poster.jpg?w=780
  • Like 3

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/batman-v-superman-final-trailer-imax-poster.jpg

First time watching this since the cinema. It's gotten worse. Lex Luthor was an absolute joke. What were they thinking?! And what was whatshisname doing in the Luthor role?! It was worse than Ahnold as Mister Freeze. I've got too many complaints with this movie so I'm going with what I thought was good: Gal Gadot was a hot and good Wonder Woman, Batfleck was very surprisingly decent, various Batman fight scenes (including the Supes one), Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

That movie was a full on BORE-fest for me. Even Affleck I felt couldn't save Batman as well as this movie.

• Like 2

Moana.

i loved this personally. blew Frozen away. Visually stunning. great voice cast. loved the songs.

8/10 for me.

Mick

See...I liked it.

7/10 but I thought Frozen had better songs and a better set of characters.

Both fall behind Tangled and Princess And The Frog.

Moana.

i loved this personally. blew Frozen away. Visually stunning. great voice cast. loved the songs.

8/10 for me.

Mick

See...I liked it.

oh Tangled is perfection. love that film.

I suppose that is why Frozen was like air going out a tire at first. it really does pale.

but i like Frozen better now than i did on release.

it's 6/10 for me.....but believe me that's good now, lol

Mick

Moana.

8/10 for me.

Mick

See...I liked it.

oh Tangled is perfection. love that film.

I suppose that is why Frozen was like air going out a tire at first. it really does pale.

but i like Frozen better now than i did on release.

it's 6/10 for me.....but believe me that's good now, lol

Mick

I've always loved Frozen. The hype annoyed me but the film never did.

Moana is sort of underperforming and it makes sense to me. They made a big deal that this was the first Disney Princess film without a love interest or a genuine villain. That's fine for the rest of the film felt original or at least had enough story and interesting characters to stimulate...but nope.

Like Kubo And The Two Strings, this was visually beautiful but narratively trite.

Zootopia

The Boy And The Beast

Your Name

Three superb 2016 animations that delivered for me on all fronts. The Boy And The Beast was the best film I had seen all last year. Woefully overlooked.

Elysium. Tries hard to be good but is just a snooze fest.

On paper it looks good. And I think all the actors are okay or good. But yeah, that was a disappointing below average movie.

The special effects were good, and Elysium the place itself was gorgeous and well done, acting was fine, the story was just blah.