last movie you watched

sonicjams

OK, first of all I turned it on because I thought it was the movie with the same title about The Who. I left it on because I like Julianne Moore, but the movie wasn't very good. The individual performances were good, if that makes any sense; but there wasn't much plot and it never really came together in my opinion. Wanted to like it but couldn't.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/6130e8059129b57a8f4276560a842d31-the-kids-are-all-right-1474874486.jpg

Thinking about that movie, yeah that's pretty much what I got out of it.

Bening and Moore are always excellent but that as a movie...

• Like 1

OK, first of all I turned it on because I thought it was the movie with the same title about The Who. I left it on because I like Julianne Moore, but the movie wasn't very good. The individual performances were good, if that makes any sense; but there wasn't much plot and it never really came together in my opinion. Wanted to like it but couldn't.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/6130e8059129b57a8f4276560a842d31-the-kids-are-all-right-1474874486.jpg

Good first half but awful 2nd half. I really hated Benings character after the big reveal halfway through.

• Like 1

Good first half but awful 2nd half. I really hated Benings character after the big reveal halfway through.

Yeah, I couldn't figure out why it got such good reviews when it first came out. It was disappointing.

Ghostworldposter.jpg

A pretty good review of the film here: http://www.avclub.co...picts-an-201353

Excerpts...

Movies aren’t very good at depicting things that happen gradually. It’s a sudden medium, by and large—the narrative’s “inciting incident,” as screenwriting manuals call it, usually occurs quite abruptly, and subsequent events are likewise handled with a concision that telescopes days or weeks worth of emotion into one big dramatic scene. ...it’s rare for a film to attempt to do that sort of thing over the course of its entire running time, and rarer still for it to eschew any one big encapsulating moment. ...Ghost World is remarkable in that it’s fundamentally about the slow death of a friendship, which expires very gradually over the course of the entire movie without ever quite receiving the last rites.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Ghostworldposter.jpg

A pretty good review of the film here: http://www.avclub.co...picts-an-201353

Excerpts...

Movies aren’t very good at depicting things that happen gradually. It’s a sudden medium, by and large—the narrative’s “inciting incident,” as screenwriting manuals call it, usually occurs quite abruptly, and subsequent events are likewise handled with a concision that telescopes days or weeks worth of emotion into one big dramatic scene. ...it’s rare for a film to attempt to do that sort of thing over the course of its entire running time, and rarer still for it to eschew any one big encapsulating moment. ...Ghost World is remarkable in that it’s fundamentally about the slow death of a friendship, which expires very gradually over the course of the entire movie without ever quite receiving the last rites.

One of the reasons why it's one of my favorite films. Another reason is that the subject matter and themes it covers hits close to home for me and being in my early 20s, it feels more relevant to me now than I was in my late teens.

• Like 2

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/scoop-2006/large_57A4L7NihLch1gIGna5xNo5Wt9g.jpg

Not very good at all. 90 minutes that felt like 900.

Edited by goose

The Lego movie (the first one.

I watched it cause i remember everybody going nutsy coocoo for it......adults included.

I just didn't laugh a single time.

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

I hate it. When it got snubbed at the Oscars I honestly thought it was the best thing ever. So many talk about it like it's great...it's hideous!!

• Like 1

I watched it cause i remember everybody going nutsy coocoo for it......adults included.

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

I hate it. When it got snubbed at the Oscars I honestly thought it was the best thing ever. So many talk about it like it's great...it's hideous!!

and i love movies aimed at kids and the younger crowd mostly. really i do. this was awash in hideous pop culture jokes and bad corny voice acting.

not much to look at either.

public's gone stupid here.

awful......thank you for hating it.....cause it was universally praised. WHY????

Mick

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

and i love movies aimed at kids and the younger crowd mostly. really i do. this was awash in hideous pop culture jokes and bad corny voice acting.

not much to look at either.

public's gone stupid here.

awful......thank you for hating it.....cause it was universally praised. WHY????

Mick

I am someone who absolutely LOVE Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs and the sequel. So...I expected to love this. Same directors. But...eugh it's repulsive. Not a single chuckle from me. I watched it with children and they hated it too.

• Like 1