last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://www.impdb.org/images/1/13/TrLCover.jpg

It was on TV last night so I watched it. This movie is one of my favorites. As far as action movies go, I think its one of the best.

My favorite Cameron movie before he went full Cecil B DeMille with his next two movies. First movie to use that updated Fox intro from what I hear.

• Like 1

The Shining.

Great movie! Was it the first time you saw it or have you seen it before?

I've watched it quite a few times.

Cool. :) Yeah, I have seen it lots of times as well, never get tired of it!

The Lego movie (the first one.

I watched it cause i remember everybody going nutsy coocoo for it......adults included.

I just didn't laugh a single time.

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

I hate it. When it got snubbed at the Oscars I honestly thought it was the best thing ever. So many talk about it like it's great...it's hideous!!

and i love movies aimed at kids and the younger crowd mostly. really i do. this was awash in hideous pop culture jokes and bad corny voice acting.

not much to look at either.

public's gone stupid here.

awful......thank you for hating it.....cause it was universally praised. WHY????

Mick

I am someone who absolutely LOVE Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs and the sequel. So...I expected to love this. Same directors. But...eugh it's repulsive. Not a single chuckle from me. I watched it with children and they hated it too.

I don't quite hate the Lego movie like you guys but it's a definite letdown and isn't good.

Here's an often-overlooked movie. Not sure why either. Saw it on vacation with family and everyone (age 6-50) liked it

http://www.rotoscopers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/rise-of-the-guardians-poster.jpg

• Like 1

I watched it cause i remember everybody going nutsy coocoo for it......adults included.

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

I hate it. When it got snubbed at the Oscars I honestly thought it was the best thing ever. So many talk about it like it's great...it's hideous!!

and i love movies aimed at kids and the younger crowd mostly. really i do. this was awash in hideous pop culture jokes and bad corny voice acting.

awful......thank you for hating it.....cause it was universally praised. WHY????

Mick

I am someone who absolutely LOVE Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs and the sequel. So...I expected to love this. Same directors. But...eugh it's repulsive. Not a single chuckle from me. I watched it with children and they hated it too.

I don't quite hate the Lego movie like you guys but it's a definite letdown and isn't good.

Here's an often-overlooked movie. Not sure why either. Saw it on vacation with family and everyone (age 6-50) liked it

http://www.rotoscopers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/rise-of-the-guardians-poster.jpg

This is in my honest opinion the best Dreamworks movie. It also would have been the start of the finest Dreamworks franchise. They really outdid themselves, I thought this was artistically beautiful and the story had a lot of potential to improve with sequels.

The reason it flopped is often put down to the fact that it came out during a year of strong animated competition. It was one of many, many well recieved animated efforts.

Yeah, it might not be perfect but it could have been the start of something truly great. Fortunately, How To Train Your Dragon exists. That is the other very impressive Dreamworks franchise. I think animated fantasy, with a dramatic undercurrent, is something Dreamworks excels at.

• Like 1

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

Mick

This is in my honest opinion the best Dreamworks movie. It also would have been the start of the finest Dreamworks franchise. They really outdid themselves, I thought this was artistically beautiful and the story had a lot of potential to improve with sequels.

The reason it flopped is often put down to the fact that it came out during a year of strong animated competition. It was one of many, many well recieved animated efforts.

Yeah, it might not be perfect but it could have been the start of something truly great. Fortunately, How To Train Your Dragon exists. That is the other very impressive Dreamworks franchise. I think animated fantasy, with a dramatic undercurrent, is something Dreamworks excels at.

Hmm, I never considered that there were other big time animated films that year. It certainly would explain Guardians' lackluster box office showing.

Also, I've never seen How To Train Your Dragon. Will have to check it out. :cheers:

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

Mick

Hmm, I never considered that there were other big time animated films that year. It certainly would explain Guardians' lackluster box office showing.

Also, I've never seen How To Train Your Dragon. Will have to check it out. :cheers:

Watch it. The first film has a lot of great things going for it, and as for action and suspense the sequel improved upon it and expanded the story into interesting directions. The TV shows aren't bad either. They are great films for kids with a firm eye on adult interest as well.

I find Dreamworks a bit too schizophrenic for me. For every Road To Elderado, you get a Home, or a Sharks Tale or Over the Hedge.

So many awful films...some genuine great movies that progressed the field of modern animation but my goodness...the quality control is not consistent at all. I think Pixar and Ghibli have had better respect because they focus less on quantity and more on quality.

• Like 1

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

Mick

not THAT is a great animated movie by a company whose track record is iffy at best i Loved that movie.

Mick

• Like 2

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

Mick

not THAT is a great animated movie by a company whose track record is iffy at best i Loved that movie.

Mick

And to be fair, the critics adored it...and word of mouth was ultra positive. I've read many articles, both in print and online, that spoke of the utter confusion most who have seen this have that this was a flop.

I feel the same way about the classic The Road to Elderado and the Disney flick The Princess and the Frog. Minions, Despicable Me, Trolls...all HUGE hits but I will never understand how...

• Like 1

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

Mick

Mick

And to be fair, the critics adored it...and word of mouth was ultra positive. I've read many articles, both in print and online, that spoke of the utter confusion most who have seen this have that this was a flop.

I feel the same way about the classic The Road to Elderado and the Disney flick The Princess and the Frog. Minions, Despicable Me, Trolls...all HUGE hits but I will never understand how...

I admired the princess and the frog because it was hand drawn. what a novelty now. as a story/movie......eh, lol

I take it back by the way........i did laugh ONCE in the lego Movie?

"this is Doubledoor!!

"it's Dumbledore!!!"

"I thought you said Doubledoor!!!!

don't ask me why that got me but it did, lol

that was it though.

Mick

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

Mick

Mick

I admired the princess and the frog because it was hand drawn. what a novelty now. as a story/movie......eh, lol

"this is Doubledoor!!

"it's Dumbledore!!!"

that was it though.

Mick

Really? I've loved it more and more with repeat viewings.

And I will admit I find myself laughing at any Harry Potter reference. I think it's in our blood haha!

• Like 1

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

Mick

Mick

"this is Doubledoor!!

"it's Dumbledore!!!"

that was it though.

Mick

And I will admit I find myself laughing at any Harry Potter reference. I think it's in our blood haha!

i'll have to watch Princes again. i will admit it's been a while.

i jut remember i did love the look of it. i know hand drawn is labor intensive. but i was watching it thinking. i miss this style.

Mick

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

Mick

Mick

"this is Doubledoor!!

"it's Dumbledore!!!"

that was it though.

Mick

i jut remember i did love the look of it. i know hand drawn is labor intensive. but i was watching it thinking. i miss this style.

Mick

I've seen it a dozen times or more. It's one of those movies that rewards repeat viewings. It's probably my favourite Disney animation of the millennium.

a waste of 90 plus min.

Mick

Mick

Mick

"this is Doubledoor!!

"it's Dumbledore!!!"

that was it though.

Mick

Mick

I've seen it a dozen times or more. It's one of those movies that rewards repeat viewings. It's probably my favourite Disney animation of the millennium.

I've never seen this. I'll have to check it out.

• Like 1