last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9-FoqEwafqY/TuqsXmI2JcI/AAAAAAAAATQ/EDjiqTOb4XE/s1600/Newyorkstories1.jpg

Only liked 1 of the 3 stories by these juggernaut filmmakers, "Life Lessons" by Scorcese. As such, this was pretty disappointing as a whole.

• Like 1

The way we were.

i know but......i kinda love Barbra, lol

Mick

I HATE HER!

But I get annoyed by how mesmerising and addictive her movies are so this might all be a massive lie haha

Creed - I freaking loved it. The best Rocky movie since Rocky.

Daddy's Home - I can't help it, I laughed a lot.

I forgot The Taking of Pelham One Two Three. The gritty Matthau original. A wonderfully dated movie.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/batman-v-superman-final-trailer-imax-poster.jpg

First time watching this since the cinema. It's gotten worse. Lex Luthor was an absolute joke. What were they thinking?! And what was whatshisname doing in the Luthor role?! It was worse than Ahnold as Mister Freeze. I've got too many complaints with this movie so I'm going with what I thought was good: Gal Gadot was a hot and good Wonder Woman, Batfleck was very surprisingly decent, various Batman fight scenes (including the Supes one), Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

I liked what you pointed out - Wonder Woman, Batman and the fight scenes.

Other than the totally misguided casting and use of Lex Luther the worst thing about the movie was the editing and pacing. Snyder has no idea how to visually tell a story.

With that said, I don't think it's that bad of a movie.

• Like 1

http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/batman-v-superman-final-trailer-imax-poster.jpg

First time watching this since the cinema. It's gotten worse. Lex Luthor was an absolute joke. What were they thinking?! And what was whatshisname doing in the Luthor role?! It was worse than Ahnold as Mister Freeze. I've got too many complaints with this movie so I'm going with what I thought was good: Gal Gadot was a hot and good Wonder Woman, Batfleck was very surprisingly decent, various Batman fight scenes (including the Supes one), Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

I liked what you pointed out - Wonder Woman, Batman and the fight scenes.

Other than the totally misguided casting and use of Lex Luther the worst thing about the movie was the editing and pacing. Snyder has no idea how to visually tell a story.

With that said, I don't think it's that bad of a movie.

Well, it's not Schumacher Batman or Halle Berry Catwoman bad but I don't think it's good. Cramming in Doomesday wasn't a good idea either. I think I said it in some thread (maybe this one) that I'd give it a C- at best but not an outright F.

I thought Man of Steel had flaws too but was better overall. That I'd give a C or C-.

Batfleck: B

Lex Eisenberg: F

Gal Gadot's body: A+

I have no faith in Snyder's Justice League or any of those upcoming individual superhero flicks like Flash or Aquaman.

http://www.towatchpile.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/shooting-dogs-original.jpg

Powerful drama depicting the Rwanadan Genocide in the mid-90s. This is NOT Hotel Rwanda (another very good movie) which was released just one year earlier. This is grittier and IMHO, more intense. This was filmed on the actual sites which only adds to its realism. John Hurt is reliable as usual.

The U.S. title is "Beyond the Gates". Watch this only if you're up for something heavy.

Lizzie_McGuire_OST.jpg

The Lad has a cold an stumbled across this on Netflix. I used to watch it with my daughter, and it was fun to see it again after all those years...

• Like 1

Logan

Very dark for something from the X-Man catalog.

Well, X-Men stories should be somewhat pessimistic as the background is based on racism and being outcasts.

How would you grade Logan on a scale from F to A+ ?

Plus it's from Fox. Disney don't do R anymore since Touchstone don't make movies now.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9-FoqEwafqY/TuqsXmI2JcI/AAAAAAAAATQ/EDjiqTOb4XE/s1600/Newyorkstories1.jpg

Only liked 1 of the 3 stories by these juggernaut filmmakers, "Life Lessons" by Scorcese. As such, this was pretty disappointing as a whole.

Allens was the best. The only one that went nowhere for me was the Coppola vignette.

• Like 1

Logan

Very dark for something from the X-Man catalog.

Well, X-Men stories should be somewhat pessimistic as the background is based on racism and being outcasts.

How would you grade Logan on a scale from F to A+ ?

Solid B
  • Like 1