last movie you watched

sonicjams

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Nov 6 2011, 06:03 PM) QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Nov 6 2011, 05:22 PM) This is Spinal Tap...it never gets old

Looks like we both watched Guest mockumentaries yesterday.

"No, we're not gonna f-ing do Stonehenge!" laugh.gif rofl3.gif

I forgot to mention I saw that new Pearl Jam documentary a few days ago.

I want to see that PJ film. I watched Best in Show this weekend as well. For Your Consideration is on the docket for this week. Man, they make me laugh.

I like Pearl Jam but I think they would be better in Dobly, and they haven't got a speedometer on their guitars

The Jungle Book. The new one. I finally got around to watching it. Not sure what to think. I thought the animation was very well done but the story kind of threw me. I have always been a big fan of the books and this was kind of a mishmash of the animated movie, the books and stuff they made up. I have to say I cracked up at Christopher Walken as King Louie.

I loved it! This film had a nice feel about it.

The Jungle Book. The new one. I finally got around to watching it. Not sure what to think. I thought the animation was very well done but the story kind of threw me. I have always been a big fan of the books and this was kind of a mishmash of the animated movie, the books and stuff they made up. I have to say I cracked up at Christopher Walken as King Louie.

I kept thinking how I wish they had done the book rather than trying to copy parts of the animated movie. With the quality of the animation they have now they could've really done it justice. It was OK, I didn't hate it by any means. I just thought it could've been better.

• Like 1

I kept thinking how I wish they had done the book rather than trying to copy parts of the animated movie. With the quality of the animation they have now they could've really done it justice. It was OK, I didn't hate it by any means. I just thought it could've been better.

i agree. the problem was they went with that mishmash. cause i loved the books too. and would have loved to have seen that. It looked great though. i just feel it fell short story wise.

Mick

• Like 1

You mise the point entirely. They are merely adding new touches to the STUDIO classics. It's about adding to their legacy. It's never been advertised or sold as a straightforward adaptation.

Wanting it to be something it's not is to let it get in the way of actually enjoying it for what it is.

Disney are merely doing the same thing that has been going on for centuries: adding an (at the time) modern touch to age old tales.

They did a great job with this movie.

You mise the point entirely. They are merely adding new touches to the STUDIO classics. It's about adding to their legacy. It's never been advertised or sold as a straightforward adaptation.

Wanting it to be something it's not is to let it get in the way of actually enjoying it for what it is.

Disney are merely doing the same thing that has been going on for centuries: adding an (at the time) modern touch to age old tales.

i know the point. i just think it would have been nice for disney to take a chance this time.

this company could honestly use a little risk.

looking over films they have been a bit hit and miss lately.

Mick

• Like 1

i know the point. i just think it would have been nice for disney to take a chance this time.

Mick

If they're hit and miss then wouldn't that probably mean they're doing things differently/taking a risk lately? If they did things the same then wouldn't it be "hit hit hit hit hit..." OR "miss miss miss miss..." due to the same formula being used?

Whether you liked the movie or not, Frozen wasn't exactly the typical Disney animated film IMHO.

Mick

If they're hit and miss then wouldn't that probably mean they're doing things differently/taking a risk lately? If they did things the same then wouldn't it be "hit hit hit hit hit..." OR "miss miss miss miss..." due to the same formula being used?

Whether you liked the movie or not, Frozen wasn't exactly the typical Disney animated film IMHO.

eh i don't know. Frozen was a pretty typicl Disney animated musical to me.

I honestly don't know why it exploded, lol. it's ok.

Mick

Mick

Mick

I thought it was ok too, not great.

But as far as typical goes, animated Disney films generally have the female rescued by the male then they fall in love and all that crap. None of that happened in Frozen.

• Like 1

I think Disney have been taking a lot of risks.

For one:

Zootopia

People that call it overrated are few and far between. It's a masterpiece and one of the most unexpected Disney movies ever!

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

I thought it was ok too, not great.

But as far as typical goes, animated Disney films generally have the female rescued by the male then they fall in love and all that crap. None of that happened in Frozen.

Agreed it's a great film. I was taken aback by its success but to be honest, I'm not really all that surprised. It gets nearly everything right.

i agree. the problem was they went with that mishmash. cause i loved the books too. and would have loved to have seen that. It looked great though. i just feel it fell short story wise.

Mick

I was watching the extras with the director and he said the original concept was more like the books. When he came on board he steered the project more towards the old animated movie and I'm like "whyyy?" They had a chance to do something big and great but they went with the simple route and just blew it.

• Like 1

Mick

I was watching the extras with the director and he said the original concept was more like the books. When he came on board he steered the project more towards the old animated movie and I'm like "whyyy?" They had a chance to do something big and great but they went with the simple route and just blew it.

which is my point Their doing the lion king now.live action......which is even more head scratching. cause......why?

Disney confuses me sometimes, lol

Mick

• Like 1

I agree with Blue. This company has been riding on Walt Disneys legacy for quite a while now. They need to actually do something good instead of rehashing an old movie. Going back to the literary source would be a good thing since the story they came up with was so lame. The animation was top notch but the hodpodge storyline was just limp and weak. Also, the songs were thrown in as an afterthought and really seemed out of place.

Mick

which is my point Their doing the lion king now.live action......which is even more head scratching. cause......why?

Mick

That's why so many people moan and groan when Disney acquires the rights to something now. They're just as likely to water it down and ruin it.

• Like 1

Example i've read reviews of the new Beauty and the Beast. and they say it's basically the cartoon almost beat by beat....just live, lol

Well i'll see it. it's really killed me on it i'm sorry.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

For one:

Zootopia

People that call it overrated are few and far between. It's a masterpiece and one of the most unexpected Disney movies ever!

Zootopia was a pretty good movie but what risks did they take there? Talking animals in clothes. Oh that's new. ;)

• Like 1

Example i've read reviews of the new Beauty and the Beast. and they say it's basically the cartoon almost shot by shot.....just live, lol

Mick

Oh that's too bad. Yeah whats the point?

• Like 1

Example i've read reviews of the new Beauty and the Beast. and they say it's basically the cartoon almost shot by shot.....just live, lol

Mick

yea well people are saying it's enjoyable.......many are asking what was the point.

oh look a character is gay now........whee?

While Disney will always make money. i for one do not see much creative juice anymore.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

yea well people are saying it's enjoyable.......many are asking what was the point.

While Disney will always make money. i for one do not see much creative juice anymore.

Mick

Oh right! I've seen the memes about the movie where people say they won't take their kids to see a movie with a gay character and yet they completely disregard the beastiality part of the whole thing. People are so easily led and brainwashed by the media.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

I'm with you on this. The original is perfection and unlike Beauty And The Beast I don't see how live action could be interesting.

The original is just...sheesh it's pretty much my favourite movie. Not counting a certain depressing Holocaust drama...

Well actually probably more than that!

Mick

Mick

Oh right! I've seen the memes about the movie where people say they won't take their kids to see a movie with a gay character and yet they completely disregard the beastiality part of the whole thing. People are so easily led and brainwashed by the media.

No bestiality. He's a bewitched human and she knows that.

Mick

Mick

No bestiality. He's a bewitched human and she knows that.

The point I'm trying to make is that none of that matters. People are making a big deal about it.