last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTUwNjUxMTM4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODExMDQzMTI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

What'd you think? Is it worth a visit to the cinema?

I know this is just one opinion, but my sister happened to see it last week...she said several scenes would throw me in a few bouts of anger but she wouldn't tell me exactly why (because of spoilers probably but I know the plot already through the original!). :LOL:

The fact she saw it already sort of influenced my decision to see a different movie (Get Out) instead...I'm not complaining cause I loved that movie but now I'm curious to know what Chicken hawk thinks about it cause it might influence my decision to see it later down the road.

• Like 1

http://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTUwNjUxMTM4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODExMDQzMTI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

What'd you think? Is it worth a visit to the cinema?

I know this is just one opinion, but my sister happened to see it last week...she said several scenes would throw me in a few bouts of anger but she wouldn't tell me exactly why (because of spoilers probably but I know the plot already through the original!). :LOL:

The fact she saw it already sort of influenced my decision to see a different movie (Get Out) instead...I'm not complaining cause I loved that movie but now I'm curious to know what Chicken hawk thinks about it cause it might influence my decision to see it later down the road.

I'm always on the look out for movies at the cinema I can watch with Mrs. B. She skips most of the ones I check out so I end up usually going alone and that's fine but I'd rather watch a movie with her.

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them (10/10)

Still my favourite movie of last year.

• Like 1

Moana.

Sorry Segue this has honestly become one of my fav recent Disney films.

to me ut just get's better every time.

I mean it's Disney so it's not revolutionary. but damn me if it ain't a trip and a half.

Mick

Captain America: Civil War.

Left me looking like :blink:

What was wrong with it?

Nothing - it was the ending. I was like "What? What just happened?"

Which bit?

1) Zemo attempting suicide and failing?

2) Frozen Bucky?

3) Cap breaking the renegade Avengers out of the sea prison?

4) Spidey testing his new goodies?

A)

3 - how the heck did they get IN the prison in the first place?

and unrelated

B)

In Civil War, where and how did Tony Stark create Peter Parker's Spiderman costume

I'll probably have to watch it again but...

A) If you remember, Falcon was shot/knocked out by Iron Man. Ant-Man/Giant-Man was taken down by Spidey. That left just Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye unaccounted for for being captured. You may have something there but with Vision around I trust it couldn't have been too hard. Heck, Vision even took out War Machine in one shot (albeit accidentally). Besides, towards the end of the fight, their goal became one of only distracting Iron Man's team long enough so that Cap & Winter Soldier could get away. So they also might've just given up. I'll have to watch it again to be sure.

B) Spidey's costume would be easy for Stark who can create complicated Iron Man armor in less time than we bake a cake. In Iron Man part 1 they show how quick the process is. Spidey's outfit would be much quicker especially given that there's no real gadgetry on there. The web shooters were already made. At the post-credits scene we see Spidey getting an extra gadget on his costume. It's to set up Stark's involvement in his development as a superhero...hence, Iron Man's appearance in the upcoming Spidey movie.

Thank you so much, JB, that absolutely helps! :mwah: :mwah: :mwah:

The Trouble with Harry. Classic Hitchcock. I saw this movie years ago and always remembered it as being such an understated dark and funny comedy. No one does what you expect them to do and you lose count of how many times the body was buried and dug up. Shirley MacLaines first movie as well. The Vermont Fall foliage looked gorgeous on the blu ray.

Moana.

I mean it's Disney so it's not revolutionary. but damn me if it ain't a trip and a half.

Mick

No need to apologise I love seeing Disney get love! I enjoyed it more than both Finding Dory and Inside Out.

Zootopia was the best of last years Disneys though.

Moana.

Mick

I also way preferred The Princess And The Frog.

Which funnily enough also got better with repeat viewings. So maybe I should expect the same of this!

• Like 1

Moana.

Mick

I also way preferred The Princess And The Frog.

Which funnily enough also got better with repeat viewings. So maybe I should expect the same of this!

i've seen this about 4 times. i really don't know what it is but everything in it just cliks for me.

i also think it's disney's best looking film in years.

Oh i went with my girlfriend to see Beauty and the beast again. sigh.......she wanted to, lol

Short answer yes i was way harsh but i still was NOT enamored and think it's a wholly useless film. why re-do perfection.

but for what it is. it's fine.

it's still the SAME film with not enough added to make it necessary

So there my softer opinion, lol

Mick.

As a golfer, I love "Happy Gilmour".

Yeah it is a bit silly and not real but it is nice to take the stuffiness out of what is really a pretty dumb game if I am honest.

The scene where the black ex pro with one hand is giving a lesson on the range to the ancient lady who can only hit it 10 yards is just priceless!!!

Sometimes me and my pals in a friendly game have a laugh and try to do a "Happy Gilmour" run up. A few injuries and pulled muscles result! ha ha

Steve

• Like 1

Yeah it is a bit silly and not real but it is nice to take the stuffiness out of what is really a pretty dumb game if I am honest.

The scene where the black ex pro with one hand is giving a lesson on the range to the ancient lady who can only hit it 10 yards is just priceless!!!

Sometimes me and my pals in a friendly game have a laugh and try to do a "Happy Gilmour" run up. A few injuries and pulled muscles result! ha ha

Steve

"You're gonna die clown!!!!!"

A guilty pleasure for sure.

Edited by thesweetscience

Steve

Carl "Apollo Creed" Weathers. You should be forced to fight Bob Barker in a nude mud wrestling match for not remembering the name of the "black ex pro"

:P

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Steve

Carl "Apollo Creed" Weathers. You should be forced to fight Bob Barker in a nude mud wrestling match for not remembering the name of the "black ex pro"

No way??????

Apollo Creed?? Really????

Steve

Unrecognisable!!!

Steve

Unrecognisable!!!

You've never seen Rocky? Predator?

• Like 1

Steve

Unrecognisable!!!

You've never seen Rocky? Predator?

Of course!!!! but I had no idea. Learn something new every day.

I bet I could fox you with a load of English films