What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Got my last minute shopping done before the 1st!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana-woo%20woo.jpg

I have a large exercise ball that I occasionally use as a chair at my desk. I wasn't using it and it had made its way next to one of my speakers. Today I noticed that the air from the woofer of the speaker makes the exercise ball move a little sometimes. That made me smile.
  • Like 2

woke up at 5:12am and made a watercloset break, but didn't get back to sleep, so I finally got up and did the dishes...Heard about New Earth on CBS This Morning, and felt better about the dishes being done...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20grin%20teeth.gif

I was having pain in my arm/elbow early this week, so I went to my doctor and found out that I had a staph infection (!). I was given antibiotics and scheduled with an orthopedist this morning, but my GP told me that if I developed a fever or anything like that in the mean time, I should go straight to an ER...thankfully that never happened. Yesterday, I was all swollen, and it had me really worried. And then today it was better. The orthopedist said I didn't have anything to worry about.

Aside from death, from endocarditis or some other such fun thing, worst case scenario was that I would possibly have to have surgery to have my elbow joint replaced. About even that, I had a lot of trepidation.

But as it turns out, I am healing nicely. So I am, to say the least, relieved.

• Like 3

I flew to Houston today to hang out with one of my concert buddies and we are going to see Tesla/REO Speedwagon/Def Leppard tomorrow night! I'm staying at a La Quinta and I've never stayed at this hotel before and it's really nice. I'm flying back home Tuesday

So how was Tesla?

• Like 1

I was having pain in my arm/elbow early this week, so I went to my doctor and found out that I had a staph infection (!). I was given antibiotics and scheduled with an orthopedist this morning, but my GP told me that if I developed a fever or anything like that in the mean time, I should go straight to an ER...thankfully that never happened. Yesterday, I was all swollen, and it had me really worried. And then today it was better. The orthopedist said I didn't have anything to worry about.

Aside from death, from endocarditis or some other such fun thing, worst case scenario was that I would possibly have to have surgery to have my elbow joint replaced. About even that, I had a lot of trepidation.

But as it turns out, I am healing nicely. So I am, to say the least, relieved.

That sounds frightening, staph is nothing to mess with. Glad you are ok!

• Like 1

Cashed in a $120.00 Supercash lottery ticket today. It's always good to see my "investments" pay dividends..... :P
  • Like 2

This is from yesterday, but:

The Field and Stream store had Wolverine cargo shorts in both camo and khaki marked down from $50 to $16. Got one of each. Men, check the F&S store near you and ask if they're doing the same.

• Like 2

This is from yesterday, but:

The Field and Stream store had Wolverine cargo shorts in both camo and khaki marked down from $50 to $16. Got one of each. Men, check the F&S store near you and ask if they're doing the same.

Love me a good sale!

• Like 1

After seeing that our tv rates were raised again, I finally cut the chord. No cable. No satellite. $1200 annually saved. :dweez:

Good for you! You won't miss it, and you will all be better off without it! :cheers:

:yes: Netflix and Amazon have anything I'd care to watch anyway. Without commercials.

My oldest son turned 11 in May. He was so excited to join the Boy Scouts. The kid eats this stuff up. Tonight he had his "Court of Honor" where he received well earned fruits for his labors. The cool thing about Boy Scouts is the kids teach the kids. I helped him ZERO with this stuff in terms of assisting with the merit badges because it's up to him to do the work. Anyway, my boy received two ranks, which you must demonstrate knowledge and ability to do certain tasks. He then got 5 merit badges, and beads, which represent camp outs he took part in. It takes 21 to be an Eagle Scout.

How many Eagle Scout do you know that are slackers?

• Like 3

My oldest son turned 11 in May. He was so excited to join the Boy Scouts. The kid eats this stuff up. Tonight he had his "Court of Honor" where he received well earned fruits for his labors. The cool thing about Boy Scouts is the kids teach the kids. I helped him ZERO with this stuff in terms of assisting with the merit badges because it's up to him to do the work. Anyway, my boy received two ranks, which you must demonstrate knowledge and ability to do certain tasks. He then got 5 merit badges, and beads, which represent camp outs he took part in. It takes 21 to be an Eagle Scout.

Congrats to your son. Two ranks is pretty awesome!

After seeing that our tv rates were raised again, I finally cut the chord. No cable. No satellite. $1200 annually saved. :dweez:

Good for you!

But how were you even spending $1200 annually? I don't know anyone in the real world that loves movies more than me but I still haven't had cable or satellite since the 90s. The way we can access virtually anything today, there's no real need for cable or satellite.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I'm not sure. Are you an Eagle Scout? ;)

Cool that your son gets a lot of joy out of something worthwhile.

• Like 1