What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Well besides being once again on this side of the grass and vertical and making it through another day. Yesterday I made some homemade ginger syrup to make home made ginger ale. It turned out better than I expected. In fact probably the best ginger ale I have ever had! It took a bit to get the proportion correct in regards to how much syrup to club soda ratio. But not really rocket sciensistry :P Now I have taken it to the next level and added the best ingredient of all to it... BOURBON :LOL: Now it is perfection!!!! Mmmmmm
  • Like 3

Well besides being once again on this side of the grass and vertical and making it through another day. Yesterday I made some homemade ginger syrup to make home made ginger ale. It turned out better than I expected. In fact probably the best ginger ale I have ever had! It took a bit to get the proportion correct in regards to how much syrup to club soda ratio. But not really rocket sciensistry :P Now I have taken it to the next level and added the best ingredient of all to it... BOURBON :LOL: Now it is perfection!!!! Mmmmmm

:o I ADORE ginger ale, but I've never tried a homemade variety! I bet it's wonderful :drool:

Mmm, the ginger syrup sounds delicious.

My Rock Candy Records version of "Bullseye", "ON TARGET" came today, with three extra tunes I've never heard on it!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Music%20Smilies/Bullseye-%20On%20Target.jpg

i first bought this album at a Record convention, where you go to find rare, cut out and radio promo type records. This record was a cut-out, one that didn't sell, and I bought it, thinking the album might actually be colored vinyl as it was on the coverart....it wasn't, but the album was TOO COOL! It was a record that wasn't re-issued until a few years ago, about 2008, and I bought the original, but when Rock Candy Records put a version out, I hadda get it! They do most if not all of their re-issues as 24 bit transfers off of original tapes (from back in '79, there wasn't any digital recordings back then) but I played the whole album today, and it's SOOOOOO good!!! I still remember most of the song lyrics!!! Happy Happy, joy, joy!

Full out inner booklet also a hallmark of RCR....These guys recorded this reacord at Morin Heights, at Le Studio (sound familiar?) they were picked up by Columbia,but a change in who ran the company, and a poor choice of words in a retort to the new leader got them dropped from Columbia before it had really started. This first album was released, but Columbia didn't do much promotion at all. It's a shame to, because this album is at LEAST as good as other albums that came out around the same time. Toto, Trillion, New England & Black Sabbath's last with Ozzy....Rainbow's release with Grahm Bonnet, "Down To Earth"......It's too bad it was not supported at all by the record company........

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20with%20Headphones%20and%20vinyl%20album.jpeg

Another day - no cigs

Although the temptation to smoke hits me bad right about this time. Both last night and tonight. It's hard.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Woo%20Hoo%20banana.png

• Like 1

Another day - no cigs

Although the temptation to smoke hits me bad right about this time. Both last night and tonight. It's hard.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Woo%20Hoo%20banana.png

I'll second that! Proud of you, Lorraine!
  • Like 2

Got next month's 3 day road trip with a buddy sorted.

Going to a travel agent this afternoon with the wife to check out different info for our few days October trip. :hail:

After the travel agent's office, I was also able to get a pair of good seats for the wife & I to see Cirque du Soleil in September.

Oh, and today's a national holiday! :hail:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Another day - no cigs

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

I'll second that! Proud of you, Lorraine!

:cheerleader:
  • Like 1

I just got off the phone with a friend that I have lost contact with and have not communicated with for over 26 years!!! I actually found him on Facebook and after several attempts we finally got to talk. Oh man how happy I am! :D
  • Like 5

I just got off the phone with a friend that I have lost contact with and have not communicated with for over 26 years!!! I actually found him on Facebook and after several attempts we finally got to talk. Oh man how happy I am! :D

That's really wonderful! I have a few friends like that I wouldn't mind getting back together with. I'm happy for you guys!

• Like 2

That's really wonderful! I have a few friends like that I wouldn't mind getting back together with. I'm happy for you guys!

Facebook has helped me reconnect as well. Congrats, Misty!
  • Like 1

Wow, talk about the positive side of social media!! How lovely to reconnect after all that time! :ebert:

Do you two live close enough to meet up in person, too? :)

• Like 1

Wow, talk about the positive side of social media!! How lovely to reconnect after all that time! :ebert:

Well He lives in Maryland, which is not as far away as Indian Cabins but It's not just down the street either. Sad thing he and his family were just in Orlando in February, Had I only found him sooner, it would've been a short ride for either of us to do. But the most important thing is we now know where each other is and I am sure there will be some future vacation time alotted (by both of us)for the real catching up in person. It is amazing realizing how fast time moves when you speak to someone you went to High School with and over a 1/4 of a century passes before you make contact. I am still brimming with excitement :D

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Well He lives in Maryland, which is not as far away as Indian Cabins but It's not just down the street either. Sad thing he and his family were just in Orlando in February, Had I only found him sooner, it would've been a short ride for either of us to do. But the most important thing is we now know where each other is and I am sure there will be some future vacation time alotted (by both of us)for the real catching up in person. It is amazing realizing how fast time moves when you speak to someone you went to High School with and over a 1/4 of a century passes before you make contact. I am still brimming with excitement :D

Nice, I'm glad that there will be plans to catch up in person, too! Very exciting all around, indeed! :yay:

^^^Keep it up, Lorraine!!!!

I received a book on the North American P-51 Mustang, and, later, my two orders of tools for my model building! THEN I will start on the Mustang again!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Locomotion%20bananas.gif

Day #12

You are almost 1/2 way through the 1st addictithon. For me every time I quit I realized things got a lot easier after the 1st 3 week period. That is with the cold turkey method. Another big hurtle will be the 1 year mark. As you will have a tendency to let down your gaurd feeling you're out of the woods. Be very carefully I made it to this milestone and ended up a full fledged nicotine addict again. I am in my most successful period of freedom from nicotine lasting just over 16 years now.and I do not miss those cancer sticks one bit! Glad to see your going strong keep it up you will not regret it :D

• Like 3

Day #12

You are almost 1/2 way through the 1st addictithon. For me every time I quit I realized things got a lot easier after the 1st 3 week period. That is with the cold turkey method. Another big hurtle will be the 1 year mark. As you will have a tendency to let down your gaurd feeling you're out of the woods. Be very carefully I made it to this milestone and ended up a full fledged nicotine addict again. I am in my most successful period of freedom from nicotine lasting just over 16 years now.and I do not miss those cancer sticks one bit! Glad to see your going strong keep it up you will not regret it :D

Crimson, I appreciate so much what you posted.

I chose the cold turkey method because I have no patience unraveling anything that I can cut clean.

I'd never forgive myself if I turned back now. It would be almost as bad as picking up another drink.

• Like 1

Day #12

Crimson, I appreciate so much what you posted.

I chose the cold turkey method because I have no patience unraveling anything that I can cut clean.

I'd never forgive myself if I turned back now. It would be almost as bad as picking up another drink.

I see Mr. TreeDuck (DICK) slammed you ALREADY...Shame on you TD!!!

I got my second delivery of Model tools this afternoon, and now that I've labelled the mini drill bits, and assembled the craft knife, all I have coming in my new mat....I'll use the old warped one until that arrives!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20bed%20bouncing.gif