What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Novak got eliminated from Wimbledon. I don't really care who wins. Anyone but Novak. He ruined men's tennis for me.

Why?

I don't mind him losing. In fact, I've wanted Murray to win it especially now that he's got Lendl back.

But HOW could Djoker have ruined tennis?

Novak got eliminated from Wimbledon. I don't really care who wins. Anyone but Novak. He ruined men's tennis for me.

Why?

I don't mind him losing. In fact, I've wanted Murray to win it especially now that he's got Lendl back.

The monster serve, maybe? It doesn't make for very compelling viewing. Edited by goose

Why?

The monster serve, maybe? It doesn't make for very compelling viewing.

Novak's a much better returner than server. His serve is good but I wouldn't call it "monster".

Boring, big servers with little to nothing else are Isner and Raonic. At least Raonic has improved other parts of his game but Isner is absolute garbage. It's the main reason why most of his matches have tie breaks in them--it's hard to return his serve but he can't return or move! Really, if he didn't have a big serve he surely wouldn't even be top 100 material.

Got 98% of my shopping done today, and without any muss or fuss....fell at the store when I was leaving, it was so early though, no one saw it. Band-aid is the only witness as of now.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20fan%20bugle.jpg (remember those plastic 'Horns' they used to have at sports games? you just had to purse your lips and place the horn over them and blow to make a racket? http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Cool%20Retro%20Stuff/Stadium%20sport%20horns.jpg That's what this banana has!)

Got 98% of my shopping done today, and without any muss or fuss....fell at the store when I was leaving, it was so early though, no one saw it. Band-aid is the only witness as of now.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20fan%20bugle.jpg (remember those plastic 'Horns' they used to have at sports games? you just had to purse your lips and place the horn over them and blow to make a racket? http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Cool%20Retro%20Stuff/Stadium%20sport%20horns.jpg That's what this banana has!)

The "vuvuzela", which was all over the place during South Africa's world cup. Was that six years ago already?
  • Like 1

After leaving the B&B in heavy rain, it reduced to a soft rain (yes, like an English rain, light yet endless from a leaden sky!). It made for a cool tour along the cliffs of the Dingle Peninsula.

And then...the sun broke just as we got to the bottom of Conor Pass, where we stopped and we walked along a vast beach in a tiny sun-soaked rain shadow for about an hour!

• Like 4

The "vuvuzela", which was all over the place during South Africa's world cup. Was that six years ago already?

Yup! learned that 'name' when I did the look up for pix! I've had a blue one since the '70s...it was gotten rid of a while ago....

:banana:

Fishing sucked! But it was nice hanging out with a good fishing buddy. There is always next time. :D

Too bad about the poor fishing, but it was nice to be with a friend and relax and get away.

it was ideal conditions and the water was perfect. After about twenty minutes and not catching one fish. We knew it was game over. Our conclusion was that the heavy rain that happened on Friday must have pushed the fish down stream. We were in shock. Might take a few days for them to move back up stream. It was a first for this creek as far as not catching any fish.

Fishing sucked! But it was nice hanging out with a good fishing buddy. There is always next time. :D

Too bad about the poor fishing, but it was nice to be with a friend and relax and get away.

it was ideal conditions and the water was perfect. After about twenty minutes and not catching one fish. We knew it was game over. Our conclusion was that the heavy rain that happened on Friday must have pushed the fish down stream. We were in shock. Might take a few days for them to move back up stream. It was a first for this creek as far as not catching any fish.

But did you have a good time just the same?

I'd love to be able to get away and just relax completely and forget, even it is for just a few hours, all of my cares. :)

• Like 1

But did you have a good time just the same?

I'd love to be able to get away and just relax completely and forget, even it is for just a few hours, all of my cares. :)

Of course,

At this point of our lives it's not so much about catching fish. Getting together and hanging out is always priority one. We were just really surprised not to catch any fish in this creek. Plenty of bear signs though. :P

• Like 1

This made my day yesterday.

I was doing the LA Times Crossword puzzle. This was an answer to 8 Down. See if any of you might know the answer.

"8. Rush drummer Neil"

:unsure:

4 lettets? Easy one... PERT
  • Like 1

I was doing the LA Times Crossword puzzle. This was an answer to 8 Down. See if any of you might know the answer.

"8. Rush drummer Neil"

No. Five letters. I agonized for hours over the answer.

"8. Rush drummer Neil"

RUTSY?
  • Like 2

"8. Rush drummer Neil"

RUTSY?

"Pratt" you dummies! :LOL:

• Like 1

Why?

In the past, Novak has broken many racquets and chairs after his matches because he is a really sore loser. He has a worse temper than John McEnroe. He swears a lot. He is an arrogant jerk. He sleeps in some weird hyperbaric chamber which I'm convinced must be illegal. His fans are even worse than he is. I have had his stupid followers swear at me for no reason whatsoever on Facebook. Roger Federer's fans never do that because they are classy. When you're a wonderful human being like Roger (or Rafael) then you attract good people. :)

Why?

In the past, Novak has broken many racquets and chairs after his matches because he is a really sore loser. He has a worse temper than John McEnroe. He swears a lot. He is an arrogant jerk. He sleeps in some weird hyperbaric chamber which I'm convinced must be illegal. His fans are even worse than he is. I have had his stupid followers swear at me for no reason whatsoever on Facebook. Roger Federer's fans never do that because they are classy. When you're a wonderful human being like Roger (or Rafael) then you attract good people. :)

No argument regarding Fed. IMHO, he's from the Edberg/Sampras school of classy. Like all those guys.

As far as sore losers go, how about Fognini, Tomic, and Kyrgios? Tomic and Kyrgios are especially arrogant punks that really haven't done anything in tennis so far. How many matches has Tomic tanked? I've lost count.

Also, if you want to discuss nastiness, Ilie Nastase was the king of that. They didn't call him "The Nasty One" for nothing. He made Novak look like Edberg. And people forget that Jimmy Connors was an outright bastard too. His bastardlike ways were often drowned out by John McEnroe's tantrums but make no mistake, he was a loudmouth jerk. [but he was entertaining and I liked watching him & all those classic players].

P.S. Go to ESPN's tennis forum. Plenty of Rafa & Roger fans will swear and rip on you and show you their classlessness. Those two champs may be good guys but not all their fans are. Obviously.

• Like 1

Finally found the right words to track down a toy I've been looking for over 50 years. It's the Lionel Army Missile launch set (and engine) found pix!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Cool%20Retro%20Stuff/Toys%20early%20sixties%20Lionel%20Military%20style%20train%20engine.%20%20Lionel%2044%20missile%20firing%20engine.jpg

My friend next door had one, they also made a green Marines engine/set. I remembered the red light in the middle of the engine's top. I'm not interested in getting one, although they are popular in train circles...I'm just glad I found visual confirmation!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/rocket%20banana.gif

The second and final delivery of my liquid meds arrived today, and are safely stored in the refrigerator! YAY and YAYHOO!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Pinwheel%20banana.gif

• Like 1