What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

It's been a good month so far!! Bought a near-cherry condition 2010 Chevy Impala LT this week. It is such a sweet ride......

BUT NOW......... I've learned that both my niece AND nephew are (finally) moving OUT!! She's moving on the 17th, and he's moving Sept. 1st.

This is a month to remember!! :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 3

It's been a good month so far!! Bought a near-cherry condition 2010 Chevy Impala LT this week. It is such a sweet ride......

BUT NOW......... I've learned that both my niece AND nephew are (finally) moving OUT!! She's moving on the 17th, and he's moving Sept. 1st.

And now I've learned that one of my best buddies is joining my Weekend in Vegas group in November. Life is GOOD!

• Like 3

Any time I hear someone say "moving out", I think of two things: (1) The Jefferson's theme song "Movin' on up" and (2) "Moving On" by Triumph.

Anyway, sounds like great news PM!

• Like 3

And now I've learned that one of my best buddies is joining my Weekend in Vegas group in November. Life is GOOD!

Vegas, baby!!!!!

Hey...I'll be in Vegas in November. :)

• Like 3

The Paint organizers I ordered last month from Australia arrived today, and all I need now is the instructions to assemble them! YAY!!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

Vegas, baby!!!!!

Hey...I'll be in Vegas in November. :)

Last time I went to Vegas I was 18. But I saw Rush :D

Looking to change that, especially considering the reasonably close proximity and everyone now being of age.

Gambling in Mesquite and Wendover isn't that great, that's for sure.

• Like 2

Said goodbye to my old '92 Buick Lesabre today. It lived a full life (208,000 miles) and it endured a lot of harsh winters and neglect by yours truly. As the salvage man hauled it away, I felt nothing but relief! :LOL:

• Like 2

Youngest Daughter completed her 58-mile hike through Iceland's interior, and I can quit worrying!

Now she's in Göteborg (Gothenburg), Sweden, and stopped in at a Rush-themed bar and grill called 2112. Jealous!

• Like 5

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah298/SeanJohn51/Mobile%20Uploads/20160812_185544_zpsycgjpcpk.jpg

I went to a pawn shop with my wife for something she was wanting to check out. While looking around I found a genuine Ovation Acoustic/electric guitar. The guitar is in great shape, neck is straight and the intonation is perfect! All the electrical components and pick up works. I looked it up on amazon and it retails for $689.00. I paid $80 with the beautiful model pictured included :drool: I can't wait to put new strings on it :D

• Like 7

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah298/SeanJohn51/Mobile%20Uploads/20160812_185544_zpsycgjpcpk.jpg

I went to a pawn shop with my wife for something she was wanting to check out. While looking around I found a genuine Ovation Acoustic/electric guitar. The guitar is in great shape, neck is straight and the intonation is perfect! All the electrical components and pick up works. I looked it up on amazon and it retails for $689.00. I paid $80 with the beautiful model pictured included :drool: I can't wait to put new strings on it :D

Nice! What a steal!

Nice! What a steal!

For sure.

I dig the nod to the "beautiful model". :)

• Like 3

Youngest Daughter completed her 58-mile hike through Iceland's interior, and I can quit worrying!

Now she's in Göteborg (Gothenburg), Sweden, and stopped in at a Rush-themed bar and grill called 2112. Jealous!

Tell her to drop in on and say "Hiya!" to Zumbi while she's there. :hi: Maybe he owns the bar and grill for all we know. :unsure:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Two pretty objects in this pic!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

• Like 1

I started the day being in a foul mood, but somewhere along the day I forgot about it and now I'm feeling happy. Simple as that ;)

For the moment I have a lot on my plate and a lot of uncertainties, so I'm not here as much as you may have noticed - if you have noticed at all :LOL:. But I'll check in on ya from time to time.

:hi:

• Like 4

I started the day being in a foul mood, but somewhere along the day I forgot about it and now I'm feeling happy. Simple as that ;)

For the moment I have a lot on my plate and a lot of uncertainties, so I'm not here as much as you may have noticed - if you have noticed at all :LOL:. But I'll check in on ya from time to time.

It's nice to hear from you! Yes, let us know how things are going once in a while- always loved your terrific photos as well!

• Like 1

Yes, I always notice who hasn't been around.

Please do keep in touch.

• Like 1

YAAAAAAYYYYYY :yay: the search is finally over!! For months now I have been looking for my youngest daughters 1st car. Man I have looked high and low here and there round and round. One piece of shit after another it is amazing what some people try to pass off as a good car! Well the car is a little older than I had hoped for but it fit all the criteria I was looking for and then some. 1990 Geo prizm from the original owner with only 111,000 original miles on a gas sipping 4 cylinder toyota engine ( FYI "GEO" was a collaboration project of GM & Toyota) and and all the maintenance records to go with it for $700 (USD) Drives like a dream and everything works as it should even the AC which is an essential here in FL. The original paint is a little faded and dull and some tiny dings and such but all the rest is mint. I know one thing, it is a hell of lot nicer than my 1st car! :D

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah298/SeanJohn51/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160814_180102_zpspjlxshba.jpg

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 5

Well, for nearly 50 years now, I have loved the old WJR AM radio show, "Patterns In Music". It was a show that had different types of music in it, Classical, contemporary[world] music and all....I LOVE the Theme song, "Little Lost Dog" by Percy Faith and his Orchestra. I finally got the title of that song today, and it's on Its way on CD no less! I had an inspiration on what to search for, and found what I was looking for! In two days, I will have it in my little mitts! YES!!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Music%20Smilies/conductor3.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20bed%20bouncing.gif

• Like 1