What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I think I am finally getting over my intense fear of bumblebees. I was standing at the kitchen screen door when I saw a small one on the inside of the screen, and I did NOT panic..... :LOL: I just opened up the door and let it fly away..... :)

A few nasty experiences with 'em as a child. Took me over 40 years to get over it? :doh:

One way to get over your fear of bumblebees is to pet them. I do it all the time. The next time you see one at a flower, gently stroke its back. It will be too busy collecting pollen to take notice. Bumblebees are docile compared to wasps and hornets, so you have to get them really agitated before they'll sting.

I have a phobia of bees and wasps, and if I can pet them, so can you. :ebert: :LOL:

I think I am finally getting over my intense fear of bumblebees. I was standing at the kitchen screen door when I saw a small one on the inside of the screen, and I did NOT panic..... :LOL: I just opened up the door and let it fly away..... :)

A few nasty experiences with 'em as a child. Took me over 40 years to get over it? :doh:

One way to get over your fear of bumblebees is to pet them. I do it all the time. The next time you see one at a flower, gently stroke its back. It will be too busy collecting pollen to take notice. Bumblebees are docile compared to wasps and hornets, so you have to get them really agitated before they'll sting.

I have a phobia of bees and wasps, and if I can pet them, so can you. :ebert: :LOL:

Thanks, but I'll pass on that..... :o :LOL:

I once had a bee fly up my shorts and sting me right next to the groin. So I'm not too fond of bees either ;)

I'm really bad at mental arithmetic. I have a hard time, sometimes, making sense out of numbers but it's getting better. In school I had a bad teacher who couldn't explain why math did what it did, but expected us to memorize it because that's just the way it is. I wasn't content with that so I would keep asking why, which probably is why he would mock me and make me feel stupid, instead of realizing he didn't know how to explain it.

I once had a bee fly up my shorts and sting me right next to the groin. So I'm not too fond of bees either ;)

I had one in my helmet while riding motorcycle. I stopped and threw the helmet and the bastard bee flew away. That was scary.

Thanks, but I'll pass on that..... :o :LOL:

No way would I pat a bee on the back! :scared:

I'm really bad at mental arithmetic. I have a hard time, sometimes, making sense out of numbers but it's getting better. In school I had a bad teacher who couldn't explain why math did what it did, but expected us to memorize it because that's just the way it is. I wasn't content with that so I would keep asking why, which probably is why he would mock me and make me feel stupid, instead of realizing he didn't know how to explain it.

So how'd that make your day?

Include me in the bee haters club. The last time I was stung was a few years ago. Unbeknownst to me, I was gardening directly under a grapefruit sized wasp nest and one flew into my shirt. I ran through the front yard screaming and stripping off my shirt.

My oldest (7) drew a picture for my youngest (4) that said, "I LOVE YOU!" and drew him and brother playing a game with huge smiles on their faces. Totally melted my heart. And made me temporarily forget about how they got into a fight the other day (over a game piece!) which left my youngest with a nice purple goose egg in the middle of this forehead.
  • Like 5

I did a "speech" today for gifted kids who live in the favelas in Rio - they are now at a phase where they need to decide what to do as a profession, and I spoke about my career path and tried to inspire them. It made me feel quite well!
  • Like 2

I love this time of year! Sept-Dec = heaven. I love the crisp, cool weather, the smell in the air, the leaves changing colors, fires in the fireplace, comfort food morning, noon and night, lounging around in comfy sweatpants and big sweatshirts, and watching college football on Saturdays (Go Blue!).
  • Like 6

Angering a chick who was insulting me left and right, by simply....not stooping to her level. I stayed calm and peaceful. I did not insult her back.

It is a great feeling to piss people off by being nice and respectful :)

• Like 1

Well, Wifey is off to visit an old friend of hers who lives in Tasmania now. Took her almost an entire day of flying, but she's almost there, and I have the place to myself for TWO WEKS. No my stepson will NOT be coming over to do free laundry/eat/borrow $ since I have none to give him. BUT what Dianey asked me a couple days ago was if I ever look up old GF's...or my wacky ex fiancee', the one just before Diane and I met. Well I just did! She wackier, chubbier than she used to be...used to be fit trim and athletic. Hell we'd hike and whatever together HAH not anymore! Guess livin with Mommy n Daddy at age 57 can do that to one? And she's on facebook as not interested in a relationship why cuz you can live off the fat teat of Mommy and Daddy?? :LOL: And on a slightly seriouser note, there was someone else a few years before her and I found her. Not sure if she's back with abusive hubby..but her son who's 25 now has a record of possession, DUI and other crap. Just makes me glad I chose who I chose. ::): Edited by BeOhBe Bob

Well, Wifey is off to visit an old friend of hers who lives in Tasmania now. Took her almost an entire day of flying, but she's almost there, and I have the place to myself for TWO WEKS. No my stepson will NOT be coming over to do free laundry/eat/borrow $ since I have none to give him. BUT what Dianey asked me a couple days ago was if I ever look up old GF's...or my wacky ex fiancee', the one just before Diane and I met. Well I just did! She wackier, chubbier than she used to be...used to be fit trim and athletic. Hell we'd hike and whatever together HAH not anymore! Guess livin with Mommy n Daddy at age 57 can do that to one? And she's on facebook as not interested in a relationship why cuz you can live off the fat teat of Mommy and Daddy?? :LOL: And on a slightly seriouser note, there was someone else a few years before her and I found her. Not sure if she's back with abusive hubby..but her son who's 25 now has a record of possession, DUI and other crap. Just makes me glad I chose who I chose. : :):

Isn't it just kind of creepily fun to look up these ex's and find out that time hasn't been a friend? Not in a stalkery way, but just because - you know, you have a couple of minutes of downtime and happen to think, "hmm, wonder whatever happened to. . . ."

I did this about a year ago - googled a guy who absolutely crushed my heart years and years ago. Found him - it's an uncommon last name and he's military. Sure enough, there was a picture of some big DOD shindig. I looked at the pic and thought, "hmm, someone mis-captioned this. I recognize the General but who's the chubby dude who looks kinda like Newt Gingrich next to. . . .OHHHHH! Holy SHIT, Chris got FAT!!!!"

• Like 3