What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I am not sure this is the appropriate thread to lay this all out, but here goes........ Spending some excellent quality time with my dad made my day today.

My parents live east Texas now and have been for about the past 10 years. They are both originally from south Texas and decided to move back for their last years on this earth. My siblings and I are spread up and down the east coast so we don't get to see them that often anymore. I am here for a 2 week visit to do some things around their house that they can no longer do for themselves and i am glad to do it. My dad will be 80 next year and has been riddled with arthritis since I can remember. This only gets worse over time and he just can't do outdoor stuff anymore. He's a very stubborn and proud man but he even knows he needs help. He is a physicist and worked for the navy for many years, and like I said is super stubborn and everything has to deal with logic. My mom is a few years younger and has had some physical setbacks, but she refuses to stop or even slow down. Anyway to the point.................. I love my parents and owe them so much. Being the father of 2 grown children myself, I understand the great sacrifices needed to raise your kids in what you think to be the proper way. My parents raised a Rush crazy son, so they must have done something right!

As I am writing this, I keep thinking will this be the last time I ever see them? At some point as we get older mortality rears it's ugly head. Anyway my dad and I were working today on replacing some rotted woodwork around his chimney. He was stubborn as ever with his old school ways, but I really enjoyed it!

Working with my dad made my day today :sigh: . If there is someone special in your life like my beautiful parents are to me, don't wait to tell them how much you love them!

I bet it will make their day.

I agree. Don't ever wait to tell someone what they really mean to you. Some day it will be too late. I know a lot of people who are afraid of saying to their parents, or family in general that they love them, so don't go hiding your love away.

Reading your post just made my day better :yes:

• Like 1

I learned something today. There is such a thing called Treet and you eat it if you live dangerously!

My 9 year old student came in the studio crying. I asked what was wrong and he replied, "I failed in subtraction!" I gave him a little pep talk on how we grow from our failures and it helped a bit. Then I said, "Let's rock some ACDC!" He got behind the kit drying his eyes, I turned up the guitar and jammed watching him smile bigger and bigger the whole way through the lesson!

Music is good medicine! :gg:

• Like 4

I saw a double rainbow today when the rain stopped. very cool.

It was probably related to the one I saw! Nice and bright.....it poured down for a few minutes, then the western sky cleared and the sun came out. The eastern sky was multi-colored! :)

Edited by Principled Man

Halloween is next week and we are all set and ready to go. The kids have their costumes, the decorations are up and the candy is ready to be handed out. Just have the pumpkins to carve but that will happen later.

New car on the way! New to me, anyway. A Honda Element EX 4WD, low miles, silver/blue, one owner, super clean, never wrecked and has all maintenance records. :) Exactly what I want, a nice little SUV with a little cargo space and built to be dog-friendly. My two LOVE to ride so this is gonna be fun.

I actually had someone do the shopping for me; a friend of my mom's does this for a living. He's not a dealer and thus has no vested interest in steering me into a particular car. Plus he knows what to look for in terms of maintenance, so there will be no ugly surprises within a short time of getting the car paid for and home. I talked to him about the car this morning and as he said, "I also have to see your Mom twice a week at church, so I HAVE to get you a really good car!"

Sure, I could've probably gotten a new car for the same price (the Element was discontinued 2 years ago and demand is high for ones in good shape). But this is what I want, so I could not be more thrilled!

• Like 3

Still can't decide. I want something bigger for my big doggy!! I'm thinking of a Deisel turbo Jetta wagon.

I experimented with a long-time friend. He spontanously asked me to fist him, and I did so. It was a very intimate experience, at one point I felt like we had become a single entity. Oh yes!

Fisting....:no:

I experimented with a long-time friend. He spontanously asked me to fist him, and I did so. It was a very intimate experience, at one point I felt like we had become a single entity. Oh yes!

Fisting.... :no:

Wait... What? I think that may have wandered into the inappropriate side, eh?

Hobo! Where are you when we need you to tone this subject matter down a bit? Let's get back to piercing taint's or something more civil........... :scared: :facepalm:

Hobo! Where are you when we need you to tone this subject matter down a bit? Let's get back to piercing taint's or something more civil........... :scared: :facepalm:

Oh, holy hell... Ew.... :unsure:

Oh, holy hell... Ew.... :unsure:

:facepalm:

You've been here long enough to know how obviously inappropriate that post is for a work- and family-friendly board such as this (and before you say it, that assessment has nothing to do with the boy-on-boy aspect of it), so why would you post it? If you're gonna act like a troll, you'll be treated as one.

• Like 4

Hobo's reaction to my post earlier on a different thread. Priceless. BTW Hobo if you happen to read this, I could have gone another way or the other way as it were...... :coy: