What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

My dog passed his obedience class and earned his Canine Good Citizen Certificate with flying colors.

YAY!

• Like 1

Playing around with this little usb keyboard my band mates gave me for my birthday :D

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3723/10466445554_856f8ef1f3.jpg

you've got awesome friends bro!

I play in a band with my best friends. Wouldn't have it any other way :no: :)

• Like 2

I experimented with a long-time friend. He spontanously asked me to fist him, and I did so. It was a very intimate experience, at one point I felt like we had become a single entity. Oh yes!

I found out that I will go to Norway one more time, and only a week from now! I´ll be there for a week to run a tender process with the Stavanger team. These trips are very exhaustive bcause I end up working on both time zones - Rio and Stavanger - and my work day ends up going from 7am to 11pm. But still, it´s great to break the routine and be in a different setup for a while. Looking forward to it!
  • Like 1

I found out that I will go to Norway one more time, and only a week from now! I´ll be there for a week to run a tender process with the Stavanger team. These trips are very exhaustive bcause I end up working on both time zones - Rio and Stavanger - and my work day ends up going from 7am to 11pm. But still, it´s great to break the routine and be in a different setup for a while. Looking forward to it!

It's only 4 hours time difference, right? The 16 hour workdays seem to be the real bitch of it all. But you're right, the break in the routine and different surrounding can be great. Overall, that sounds like a very good thang! :)

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Norway is a beautiful country. I wish I'd spend more time there :yes:

I got one of my two lawnmowers working today. The one that was working quit fists%20crying.gif and I tried to fix it with no success. The one that wasn't working I spent some time and got it working. :cheers:

This is not something that happened today but I still feel good about it so it still counts ;)

Yesterday evening my drummer and I were both bored, so we decided to hang out in our rehearsal space listening to music and drinking way too many beers. Close to midnight we're out of beer so we head downtown to find a suitable bar to drink in. We find a nice place called Sherlock Holmes Pub which is always good fun with lots of people. So anyway, we're just sitting minding our own business keeping an eye out for women to talk to. In my mind I keep going "do something different, get out of your comfort zone". I'm usually scared shitless on the prospect of approaching just one woman, but somehow I managed to get up off my ass and walk over to five women without breaking out a cold sweat, and starting a casual conversation. Unfortunately they we're heading somewhere else to dance, but the point is I did something I'm usually scared of doing - I get so shy talking to women :blush:

Then later we met a Canadian guy named Greg, who by the way was into Rush and Trailer Park Boys. Canadian english sounds pretty cool :yes: Actually, except for 5 minutes talking to a danish girl, and of course my friend, I spoke english the entire night at that pub :cheers:

And someone gave me a response to something I said with "That's quite a lot of self insight" but I have forgotten what I said :P

All in all, a cumulative effect of little positive things making me feel pretty darn good today :sundog:

• Like 1

It's only 4 hours time difference, right? The 16 hour workdays seem to be the real bitch of it all. But you're right, the break in the routine and different surrounding can be great. Overall, that sounds like a very good thang! :)

Yeah, I usually get to do all kinds of cool stuff on the spare time. Once I went to the Preikestolle, aka Pulpit Rock, which was great. The other time I went there we had a public holiday in between and I went to Copenhagen. And the last time I caught a Sting show in the front row in Oslo, out of sheer luck, hours after I landed!

• Like 1

A member of the fairer sex at my local gas station/convenience store, gave me a free drink refill and a wink earlier today......... :blush: :d13: Edited by Narpet
  • Like 1

Got this as a late birthday present :D

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5532/10634253256_4f6b33b499.jpg

And held my birthday along with my brother in law, my big brother and my little niece. She turns one year the 7th but we celebrated her a little prematurely :D

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2878/10634233235_2cc7765efa.jpg

I really love that little ball of joy! :heart: :wub:

• Like 3

It happened yesterday, but I had to share. :)

Myself, hubby and Lucy went shopping and were in the checkout, waiting to pay.

In the checkout line next to ours was a mom, dad and I would say their daughter was around 9 or 10. (I don't know what word to use, exactly, so bear with me as I don't want to offend)- the daughter was special needs, couldn't talk much but was very excited about everything.

She pointed at me, waved and shrieked. I said "HI!!!!!" and waved back, jumping up and down right along with her. Her dad at first had a look of "here we go...." but was honestly shocked that I was more than happy to interact with his little girl. He smiled so big.

Her parents were so patient with her, loving and kind. It was great to see.

She ran over to me and hugged me so tight! I asked how she was doing, and she went over to Lucy who was in the cart, said hi & when she hugged her...Lucy hugged her back. They just stayed hugging. Talk about bringing tears to my eyes.

The little girl acted like we just made her day by speaking to her! It was a wonderful moment.

Just a friendly reminder that those with special needs are human, too, and aren't people to avoid or feel uncomfortable around. They usually, in my experience anyway, turn out to be kind and friendly. They also have a lot to say if you take the time to interact with them in a way they can understand.

She made my entire day :)

• Like 4

Today is the last week of hell! I'm out of Farmers as of Friday. No more customers yelling at me because THEY don't pay their bills, or yelling at me because I won't cut them a special deal like the CSR gal does, and I won't bend the rules for them.

No more people yelling at me in perfect English for not speaking Spanish.

No more horrendous hours at Home Depot too! I gave them my notice Saturday, and they all told me that I'm more than welcome to come back if I need too. I cried, I love that job! But, I'm onto hopefully better things.

A week from today, I start training for Allstate with my old employer that originally brought me into insurance. The one that I work so well with, and the one I've been kicking myself for leaving a year ago. I feel like I'm home now.

I'm keeping positive about the whole thing, I will be successful and wildly so! I deserve this. With all the shit I've been through, I deserve success. :rose:

So, this makes my day!!! :7up:

• Like 1

Today is the last week of hell! I'm out of Farmers as of Friday. No more customers yelling at me because THEY don't pay their bills, or yelling at me because I won't cut them a special deal like the CSR gal does, and I won't bend the rules for them.

No more people yelling at me in perfect English for not speaking Spanish.

No more horrendous hours at Home Depot too! I gave them my notice Saturday, and they all told me that I'm more than welcome to come back if I need too. I cried, I love that job! But, I'm onto hopefully better things.

A week from today, I start training for Allstate with my old employer that originally brought me into insurance. The one that I work so well with, and the one I've been kicking myself for leaving a year ago. I feel like I'm home now.

I'm keeping positive about the whole thing, I will be successful and wildly so! I deserve this. With all the shit I've been through, I deserve success. :rose:

So, this makes my day!!! :7up:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/eP1ab.gif

• Like 1