What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I got a check from my mortgage company today.

They made a mistake taking two payments outta my bank account. When I confronted them they said they couldn't do a reversal. I then went ape on like 20 people, working my way up the food chain. They discovered shit can roll uphill. They put the extra draft back in my account, and over-nighted a check for $1200 for my "troubles".

Needless to say, I feel much better about it after getting that check.

Oh yeah the old "I'm sorry we can not do that" :eyeroll:

Glad you stuck to your guns and got your money back. $1200 is a lot of money.

The arrogance and incompetence that I dealt with was documented. When they started putting me on hold for 20 minutes at a time that's when I really got mad. The old line "I can understand why you're upset" didn't sit well with me.
  • Like 1

I got a check from my mortgage company today.

They made a mistake taking two payments outta my bank account. When I confronted them they said they couldn't do a reversal. I then went ape on like 20 people, working my way up the food chain. They discovered shit can roll uphill. They put the extra draft back in my account, and over-nighted a check for $1200 for my "troubles".

Needless to say, I feel much better about it after getting that check.

Oh yeah the old "I'm sorry we can not do that" :eyeroll:

Glad you stuck to your guns and got your money back. $1200 is a lot of money.

The arrogance and incompetence that I dealt with was documented. When they started putting me on hold for 20 minutes at a time that's when I really got mad. The old line "I can understand why you're upset" didn't sit well with me.

It's like when you are on hold for a long time, and finally when someone answers it's that worn out I-hate-my-life-so-now-I-will-make-you-hate-yours-too person that will do everything in her (it usually is a she) power NOT to help.

I did it. Since my daughter is in town I allowed my family to drag me to the outlet mall today. This was not only against my better judgement but I think my religion also. We finally got through the traffic and to the very back of the parking lot. Still no places to park. :rage: Some very nice folks saw us and blocked traffic while they pulled out and let us in to their spot. :) We did the same for some folks when we left....... :dweez:

My bacon-wrapped pork loin turned out perfect, and made for a great night. Dinner for forty-five was amazing, lotds of stories, fellowship. I love Thanksgiving, day 2!

P.S. Did Black Friday via the 'net, then played golf in the sunshine!

Got in a long hike in the Sierras on the hunt for a Christmas tree. Found one as the sun was sunking low, Cut it down with an axe, brought it home and it's up and ready for decorating.
  • Like 1

All you Rush Forum'ers back off today because cloud #9 belongs to me today. Anyone who reads any of my posts knows I have been busting a hump on my fitness. I have been getting after it pretty hard for the past 6+ months and have seen results. I feel better and look better etc. Well today came the ultimate reward at least for now. A couple months after my hand surgery last March I was the softest and in the most doughy shape of my life. My pants size was a 36 and hauling ass toward a run in with 38. Stop!!!! I started my fitness routine right then and there the day the cast was removed from my hand. Today we got some pants from Old Navy we had ordered for our son for Christmas. My son is a big man and we ordered 4 pairs of varying styles of jeans. 42/34 jeans. One pair by mistake came 32/34. My wife suggested "why don't you try them on?". I did!!!! They are slim fit and they fit like a glove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's the first time in God knows how long my wife actually said "damn you look good". She said I should keep them and get more, similar to them. No more jeans that are now to big and hang off of me anymore.

My great ass is back!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dweez: :d13: :dweez:

:dweez:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Uh...

Never mind...

slowly backs out of the thread...

I'll see what I can rustle up over the long weekend........................ :LMAO: at myself

Well LABT I tried. I asked my wife of 34 years to take a couple shot's for you and posterity. Her reaction was something like this but I may have gotten the order wrong due to the whirlwind of emotions all at once...... :o :scared: :LMAO:
  • Like 4

Today my family enjoyed a tremendous German feast care of Greyfriar.

We received a hefty package of smoked ham, liverwurst, bockwurst, some booze, crazy good chocolates, soup mix, assortment of candy, awesome mustards, german pickles. But perhaps most special was a picture of his lovely family and personal handwritten letter.

Next time you come to the states you b have a place in my home mein friend...we'll give you a great welcome—Appalachian style!!!

Thank you River Rhine Burgermeister

• Like 3

We received a hefty package of smoked ham, liverwurst, bockwurst, some booze, crazy good chocolates, soup mix, assortment of candy, awesome mustards, german pickles. But perhaps most special was a picture of his lovely family and personal handwritten letter.

Next time you come to the states you b have a place in my home mein friend...we'll give you a great welcome—Appalachian style!!!

Reading that made my day plus walking 6.2 miles today :)

• Like 4

What an awesome guy! We have some pretty cool members here.
  • Like 2

Good for you sir! Taking the bull by the horns I see
  • Like 1

you are right sister. My mother is from Germany. She's been away for many years. Today, while eating the food she said "I want to give this family a hug." How heartwarming!
  • Like 1

Wanderlust! Hey, if you're ever in the US and make your way west, loo me up. Tahoe is a great place to hike around!
  • Like 2

All you Rush Forum'ers back off today because cloud #9 belongs to me today. Anyone who reads any of my posts knows I have been busting a hump on my fitness. I have been getting after it pretty hard for the past 6+ months and have seen results. I feel better and look better etc. Well today came the ultimate reward at least for now. A couple months after my hand surgery last March I was the softest and in the most doughy shape of my life. My pants size was a 36 and hauling ass toward a run in with 38. Stop!!!! I started my fitness routine right then and there the day the cast was removed from my hand. Today we got some pants from Old Navy we had ordered for our son for Christmas. My son is a big man and we ordered 4 pairs of varying styles of jeans. 42/34 jeans. One pair by mistake came 32/34. My wife suggested "why don't you try them on?". I did!!!! They are slim fit and they fit like a glove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's the first time in God knows how long my wife actually said "damn you look good". She said I should keep them and get more, similar to them. No more jeans that are now to big and hang off of me anymore.

My great ass is back!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dweez: :d13: :dweez:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Uh...

Never mind...

slowly backs out of the thread...

I'll see what I can rustle up over the long weekend........................ :LMAO: at myself

Well LABT I tried. I asked my wife of 34 years to take a couple shot's for you and posterity. Her reaction was something like this but I may have gotten the order wrong due to the whirlwind of emotions all at once...... :o :scared: :LMAO:

Yes, you tried. And that's almost as good as accomplishing it.

Actually, in this case, it's probably better. :P

• Like 1

Wanderlust! Hey, if you're ever in the US and make your way west, loo me up. Tahoe is a great place to hike around!

I most definitely will :yes:

Glad you received the package that fast and more important that you and your family enjoy the goodies. If Rush is touring in 2015 I'll take you up on that and we come over to meet you guys. Curious what Appalachian style means.

• Like 2

you are right sister. My mother is from Germany. She's been away for many years. Today, while eating the food she said "I want to give this family a hug." How heartwarming!

Thanks Janie.

Duff, warm regards to your Mutti and give a great big hug.

• Like 1

Curious what Appalachian style means.

Ever watched "Deliverance"?
  • Like 1

nope

That's a joke BTW

nope

Barbecue, moonshine, Appalachian folk metal. The smell of a fire pit, and stories that'll make your head spin.

if you've not seen the movie just go to YouTube and look up "dueling banjos". Report back when done!

nope

Barbecue, moonshine, Appalachian folk metal. The smell of a fire pit, and stories that'll make your head spin.

if you've not seen the movie just go to YouTube and look up "dueling banjos". Report back when done!

woo, great scene. I think I've missed something.

Barbecue in the moonshine sounds good to me. Love the idea to come to America and meet up with you. :cheers:

• Like 1

nope

Watch out for Bill McKinney :scared: and NO, we are not related..... :P

nope

woo, great scene. I think I've missed something.

Barbecue in the moonshine sounds good to me. Love the idea to come to America and meet up with you. :cheers:

'Schland! As for what made my day today...Schnee im Berge! Edited by goose
  • Like 1