Bret Michaels Rushed to ICU with Brain Hemorrhage

Rushman14

Not a Poison fan but this sucks. I hope he pulls through.

Bret Michaels's health has taken a turn for the worse, PEOPLE has learned: After an excruciating headache late Thursday night, the star was rushed to an undisclosed hospital where doctors discovered he suffered a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding at the base of his brain stem), according to a source close to the situation.

Michaels, 47, is currently in critical condition. "After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause. [it] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation," the source says.

It seems things haven't been good for him lately. I'm not a big Poison fan, either, but I also hope he pulls though.

Not good. I hope he pulls through.

I agree on not really being a Poison fan, but his *ahem* music should not be the basis for being concerned with this health threat.

I wish him well....

Not a huge fan either, but back in the day, this song kicked copious amount of a$$.

If you were at all a fan of hard rock in the late 80s, despite that rediculous hair and spandex, you had to get a t least a little kick out of that song. I know I did.

Not good...

I've always thought of Poison as a poor man's Motley Crue, Brett even sounds like Vince Neil. And by the time they came along I was already tired of that kind of glam metal thing, I never got into Cinderella or Great White either.

...but...

I Hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

Apparently the appendectomy he had ten days ago and his diabetes contributed to his current condition.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 24 2010, 01:15 AM)
Not good...

I've always thought of Poison as a poor man's Motley Crue, Brett even sounds like Vince Neil. And by the time they came along I was already tired of that kind of glam metal thing, I never got into Cinderella or Great White either.

...but...

I Hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

Apparently the appendectomy he had ten days ago and his diabetes contributed to his current condition.

sad.gif That's so sad. I really do hope he makes it.

I like Brett Michaels...He's got personality, and doesn't seem like a terrible guy.

He's had a tough couple of years between the appendix, diabetes, getting fired by Trump, never finding love on any of his reality shows, now this. wtf.gif

I'm with everybody else in hoping he makes it, and not being a fan of his music.

Hope he pulls through, his band were bloody awful, but I did like Unskinny Bop.

He seems like a decent fellow.

Edited to add: Just found out what Unskinny Bop actually means, spontaneous, unprotected jiggery-pokery. Well, I never.

I hope he beats the odds:

Bret Michaels doesn't just need good medical attention to survive his current condition -- he also needs luck.

According to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, people who don't receive proper medical treatment after suffering a subarachnoid hemorrhage have a 20% to 30% chance of experiencing a second bleed within the first month -- and the odds of surviving a second bleed are extremely slim.

Cedars states, "Recurrent bleeding has a 70% mortality rate."

Fortunately, Michaels is reportedly being treated in a capable medical center.

However, it appears as though Michaels is already beating the odds -- Cedars reports that roughly 1/3 of people who have a subarachnoid hemorrhage die during the hemorrhage because of extensive brain damage. Obviously, Michaels has already cleared that hurdle.

As for Michaels' treatment, Cedars warns, "Because of the ominous prognosis with delayed definitive therapy, referral to a center of excellence with experience in treating subarachnoid hemorrhage is imperative."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/2/#ixzz0m2mzzMkZ

didnt he get clocked on the head at some award show a few months back by some stage rigging that was coming down at the end of their song? Wonder if that had anything to do with it.

His music blows but he is a very cool, down to earth person and it sucks what he is going thru

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 23 2010, 05:30 PM)
Not a Poison fan but this sucks. I hope he pulls through.

Bret Michaels's health has taken a turn for the worse, PEOPLE has learned: After an excruciating headache late Thursday night, the star was rushed to an undisclosed hospital where doctors discovered he suffered a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding at the base of his brain stem), according to a source close to the situation.

Michaels, 47, is currently in critical condition. "After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause. [it] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation," the source says.

I hope so too. I've never bought his music. But he seems like a nice guy from what everyone has been saying-- the people who've known him or met him personally.

F*** all the haters. You know who you are. banghead.gif

Updates----> http://www.bretmichaels.com heart.gif rose.gif

Archived