Geddy's memoir scheduled for (postponed to July 11th) (Now postponed to Nov. 14th :( ) release! Let the ordering begin!

blueschica

Just did a search on Amazon, it brought up the Audible title...that would be cool if he narrates it himself.  Curious why the hardcover didn't appear first...:confused:  It's there, just had to click on another link, $36.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

I would be careful about ordering it on Amazon, from what I see looking around at various websites it is officially being released on November 14. 

I didn't try to order the audio or other format, but these days anything is for sale. You might be "pre-ordering" without realising it?

Personally, I will be buying the hardcover. Most of my Neil books are hard cover. I read my Kindle regularly, but some books I want to actually hold and use my cheater glasses :old:

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Rush Didact said:

I wonder if the book is going to be sold on the Rush website...

I'm pretty sure Gene Simmons wants to sell it on the KISS website, so he can claim a cut.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

spoken word tour for UK just announced.....this is what i was hoping for. But, will he do other countries is the question!

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 4:26 PM, Rhyta said:

Just did a search on Amazon, it brought up the Audible title...that would be cool if he narrates it himself.  Curious why the hardcover didn't appear first...:confused:  It's there, just had to click on another link, $36.

I'll by the audio version too if Geddy narrates it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Laurabw said:

spoken word tour for UK just announced.....this is what i was hoping for. But, will he do other countries is the question!

Extensive community theater tour would be nice but I doubt that happens. I should start saving for the Merch now.   What's the seating capacity on those UK venues?

17 minutes ago, ytserush said:

Extensive community theater tour would be nice but I doubt that happens. I should start saving for the Merch now.   What's the seating capacity on those UK venues?

These seem very big venues for a spoken word event. Glasgow Royal Concert Hall holds around 2500 for example.

Sheffield City Hall is a poignant choice, the venue for the first Rush show outside of North America.

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

These seem very big venues for a spoken word event. Glasgow Royal Concert Hall holds around 2500 for example.

Sheffield City Hall is a poignant choice, the venue for the first Rush show outside of North America.

On that basis, Radio City might be in play. Holds a bit less than 6,000. I sure hope that's not an option, but if this is a limited tour it makes sense. Theater At Madison Square Garden probably in play. I think that's adjustable from almost 6,000 downward.

Best venue I could hope for is something with 1000 capacity, but I imagine that's highly unlikely.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ytserush said:

On that basis, Radio City might be in play. Holds a bit less than 6,000. I sure hope that's not an option, but if this is a limited tour it makes sense. Theater At Madison Square Garden probably in play. I think that's adjustable from almost 6,000 downward.

Best venue I could hope for is something with 1000 capacity, but I imagine that's highly unlikely.

With those numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if a Toronto stop gets booked at Massey Hall...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ytserush said:

The Beacon may be just as likely. We'll know soon enough.

I’m 🤞🤞 for all USA/Canadian/European :rush: fans 

• Like 2

Imagine if he did a limited run in a Broadway Theater - like Springsteen did.   Or maybe an off Broadway run of 5-7nights.  THAT would be something.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, grep said:

Imagine if he did a limited run in a Broadway Theater - like Springsteen did.   Or maybe an off Broadway run of 5-7nights.  THAT would be something.

I love this idea!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, custom55 said:

Got on ticketmaster to buy tickets for The Beacon.  YIKES !   Too much $$$ to listen to Geddy talk. 

I fought with this for a week and decided the 35 minute Q and A was almost worth it for me so I compromised with a cheap seat even though that was slightly more than I wanted to spend on this. Star Trek convention vibe might be fun too. Kind of looking forward to it now which I suppose means I've chosen wisely.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 12:54 AM, anagramformongo said:

I sent a message to C-SPAN to ask if a reading could be included in their weekend programming, dubbed "Television for Serious Readers."  You can too.

https://www.c-span.org/about/contactUs/

May not be a problem as the dates are already set up unless there are licensing issues with Live Nation or someone else.

• Like 1

I just looked at the audiobook version on Audible and it has both Ged and Alex listed as narrators!

That seals it -- I'm getting the audio version. I've got a long drive in December and I'd love to listen to both of them tell the stories.

I'll bet they'll use snippets of the music too. 

Excited for this!

• Like 4