Geddy's memoir scheduled for (postponed to July 11th) (Now postponed to Nov. 14th :( ) release! Let the ordering begin!

blueschica

8 hours ago, Burger King Diamond said:

Postponed again to 11/14 if the Amazon email I just received is accurate.

I got that Email too.   :eh:    Oh well, we know that he takes great pride in his work, whatever he is working on.  This release date will also be good for people that want it for a holiday gift!  It is disappointing, though.

• Like 1

I don't really care about the delay unless they are still working on cutting out stories, thoughts and points of view. I want stuff added not taken out. If it's for the fans it shouldn't be trimmed like that.

Either that or release the "author's cut" of the book also.

47 minutes ago, ytserush said:

I don't really care about the delay unless they are still working on cutting out stories, thoughts and points of view. I want stuff added not taken out. If it's for the fans it shouldn't be trimmed like that.

Where did you come up with that BS about them cutting stuff? 

1 hour ago, ytserush said:

*citation needed

4 hours ago, Burger King Diamond said:

Where did you come up with that BS about them cutting stuff? 

Just a guess (Which is why I used the word "unless") Then I thought it would be a good idea for a for an expanded edition since Geddy is directly involved

We can have the Kindle version earlier (July) but I am more inclined to buy the hardcover version. Still thinking...:unsure:

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 10:07 PM, blueschica said:

I got that Email too.   :eh:    Oh well, we know that he takes great pride in his work, whatever he is working on.  This release date will also be good for people that want it for a holiday gift!  It is disappointing, though.

Darn, I was looking forward to getting it for my birthday...well will be happy whenever it arrives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

That cannot be the real title. 

I thought he was classier than that. 

Yeah, my thinking is kind of along those lines as well. 

On 4/10/2023 at 8:59 PM, Weatherman said:

I don't particularly like it myself, but it doesn't surprise me.  Geddy has a well-known fondness for swearing and self-deprecating humour.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2023 at 6:00 PM, Rush Didact said:

I don't particularly like it myself, but it doesn't surprise me.  Geddy has a well-known fondness for swearing and self-deprecating humour.

I don’t really like it either, but hey, I don’t matter. It’s not like it’s going to stop me from buying it and devouring everything that Geddy has to say. I am really looking forward to it.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2023 at 8:59 PM, Weatherman said:

It does surprise me - I would have expected something much more clever...some play on words or something.  I'm not a prude and don't care if he swears, but it seems out of character to me.

Interested?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126044392515?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338722076&customid=&toolid=10050

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/books/our-books-editor-on-the-30-plus-new-reads-we-can-t-wait-to-cosy/article_f0913cc9-6146-52b3-b383-fe0b292cfa67.html

"31. “My Effin’ Life,” by Geddy Lee (HarperCollins, Nov. 14) Ah, this is the one Rush fans have been waiting for. Told in the first person and written with the help of arts journalist Daniel Richler, it’s an intimate autobiography from one of rock music’s iconic figures — and one of Toronto’s favourite sons. Geddy Lee, born Gershon Eliezer Weinrib, the son of Holocaust survivors, reflects on his early life, through school on to superstardom, the death of Neil Peart and the continuing spirit of music."

Edited by Alexmai
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 8:04 AM, Alexmai said:

Interested?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126044392515?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338722076&customid=&toolid=10050

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/books/our-books-editor-on-the-30-plus-new-reads-we-can-t-wait-to-cosy/article_f0913cc9-6146-52b3-b383-fe0b292cfa67.html

"31. “My Effin’ Life,” by Geddy Lee (HarperCollins, Nov. 14) Ah, this is the one Rush fans have been waiting for. Told in the first person and written with the help of arts journalist Daniel Richler, it’s an intimate autobiography from one of rock music’s iconic figures — and one of Toronto’s favourite sons. Geddy Lee, born Gershon Eliezer Weinrib, the son of Holocaust survivors, reflects on his early life, through school on to superstardom, the death of Neil Peart and the continuing spirit of music."

Why is someone selling it on ebay already?