Geddy's memoir scheduled for (postponed to July 11th) (Now postponed to Nov. 14th :( ) release! Let the ordering begin!

blueschica

3 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I just looked at the audiobook version on Audible and it has both Ged and Alex listed as narrators!

That seals it -- I'm getting the audio version. I've got a long drive in December and I'd love to listen to both of them tell the stories.

I'll bet they'll use snippets of the music too. 

Excited for this!

And Cliff Bernstein.  I was hoping for a regular audio version but it looks like it's only available in mp3  so a library might be my best bet because I'm not shelling out $40 for mp3?  I'll keep checking it out from the library.

• Like 2

Just read an article saying ged releasing two tracks alongside his memoir that didnt make MFH he's 'shined' them up https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/geddy-lee-finishes-off-two-unreleased-songs-for-new-memoir-plans-new-music/article_b806c521-19c7-5fe6-b76e-f4d253089a58.html

Apologies if already posted

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 8:42 PM, ytserush said:

And Cliff Bernstein.  I was hoping for a regular audio version but it looks like it's only available in mp3  so a library might be my best bet because I'm not shelling out $40 for mp3?  I'll keep checking it out from the library.

Note: The mp3 version is now considered the regular audio version. 

You can get it free with a trial from Audible. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Audible can be a pain since they changed their formats a year or so ago.  I switched over to Librofm for audio books, they have the MP3 format and you can download them on your phone as well.  Nice thing about Librofm, they partner with local bookstores so they get some financial benefit from your purchases.  Looking forward to Tuesday :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Books have been delivered this morning here in UK :clap:

My friend bought my ticket to Geddy's book tour so mine is at his house.

My copy just arrived an hour ago. I can have it read before the show in December which is great!

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 8:40 PM, Weatherman said:

Thanks

I think I'll wait for the library and then determine if I need a hard copy. Until then, I'm going to savor the book.

Autographed edition now available for pre-order on Backstage Club for $40.

I'm a bit annoyed at this.  It was disappointing that the book/show package was not autographed like BBBOB, but I respected that maybe he just wasn't doing signed copies this time.

Now I'm wondering if the signed version is actual wet signature.

If so, I would consider buying a second copy and donating my unsigned to my local library.

But I'll be needing Geddy to personally deliver some Rush Golden Ale for complete forgiveness :cool:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Alph Seeker said:

Autographed edition now available for pre-order on Backstage Club for $40.

I'm a bit annoyed at this.  It was disappointing that the book/show package was not autographed like BBBOB, but I respected that maybe he just wasn't doing signed copies this time.

Now I'm wondering if the signed version is actual wet signature.

If so, I would consider buying a second copy and donating my unsigned to my local library.

But I'll be needing Geddy to personally deliver some Rush Golden Ale for complete forgiveness :cool:

There were actually a bunch of preorders exactly like this from various online booksellers for the same price—they are hand signed with the signature on a separate dedicated page bound into the books (that were provided by Harper Collins I believe).  They must have had him sign a gigantic stack of the pages before they were bound into the book.  They aren’t numbered at all so I am clueless how many might be out there, but not charging extra for them is especially sweet—the signed editions normally are vastly inflated with extra do dads, so it’s nice to see them at no extra charge at all.  The fact that everyone can’t get them is sadly the limitations of Geddy being only human and not wanting to sign millions of copies.  People who were on the lookout vigilantly were rewarded.  I actually grabbed 2 signed copies but only after bookends ripped me off for $300 prior to my realizing I was stupid and should have done a little google search and saved myself $260.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HalfwayToGone said:

There were actually a bunch of preorders exactly like this from various online booksellers for the same price—they are hand signed with the signature on a separate dedicated page bound into the books (that were provided by Harper Collins I believe).  They must have had him sign a gigantic stack of the pages before they were bound into the book.  They aren’t numbered at all so I am clueless how many might be out there, but not charging extra for them is especially sweet—the signed editions normally are vastly inflated with extra do dads, so it’s nice to see them at no extra charge at all.  The fact that everyone can’t get them is sadly the limitations of Geddy being only human and not wanting to sign millions of copies.  People who were on the lookout vigilantly were rewarded.  I actually grabbed 2 signed copies but only after bookends ripped me off for $300 prior to my realizing I was stupid and should have done a little google search and saved myself $260.

Missed out on the backstage sale. I'd go a little bit more than $40 but not much more for a signed copy since they don't seem to exceedingly rare.

On 12/1/2023 at 10:10 PM, ytserush said:

Missed out on the backstage sale. I'd go a little bit more than $40 but not much more for a signed copy since they don't seem to exceedingly rare.

I can think of a couple of options—keep an eye on places like ebay, and for listings that give the option make an offer and maybe someone who is sick of sitting on it will take what you offer.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 3:11 PM, HalfwayToGone said:

I can think of a couple of options—keep an eye on places like ebay, and for listings that give the option make an offer and maybe someone who is sick of sitting on it will take what you offer.

I've checked a few times and the prices are insane. I'm not going to go crazy looking for a signed copy. Going to save the money for the audio book when that price comes down. What I REALLY want is the 1200 page manuscript which is between highly unlikely and impossible.

On 1/12/2024 at 8:12 PM, ytserush said:

I've checked a few times and the prices are insane. I'm not going to go crazy looking for a signed copy. Going to save the money for the audio book when that price comes down. What I REALLY want is the 1200 page manuscript which is between highly unlikely and impossible.

Wait longer and check back when people have been sitting on them and get sick of it.  Prices will drop.  One sold for under $80 yesterday.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 8:11 AM, HalfwayToGone said:

Wait longer and check back when people have been sitting on them and get sick of it.  Prices will drop.  One sold for under $80 yesterday.

Figured they would drop already. Signed copies seem to be everywhere. I'll check again in a few months.