Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

I generally don't have a problem marathoning these bands.  I get a feel of what they are like and I can eventually circle back around and check them out some more.  So far I feel like its worked out ok and given me a lot of bands I like enough to eventually go back and try again.  But Rhapsody (shakes head) is just frustrating.  As I keep saying, I like the lyrics and album concepts.  But the music I don't care for and the vocals, just not to my taste.  Not at all.  As you said, to each their own.  

I am going to do something crazy (for me) and basically put this band to the side and try something else.  Perhaps I will eventually come back to them.  Perhaps.

You might like Dragonland more! Under The Grey Banner is a power metal favourite for genre fans

During this Easter Holidays period

* Toto - The Seventh One ‘88 (10/10)

* Toto - Fahrenheit ‘86 ( 9/10 )

*  Kingdom Come - self-titled ‘88 (10/10)

* Mötley Crüe - Theatre of Pain ‘85 (7/10)

* Yes - 90125 ‘83 (10/10 )

* White Stripes - Elephant- 2003 ( 10/10)

* Alice in Chains - Dirt ‘92 (10/10) 

* Journey - Frontiers ‘83 (10/10 )

Guess, I’m mostly stuck in the 80s and score quite generously ! 🤔🙃🤣

• Like 6

On 4/9/2023 at 12:46 AM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Death - Individual Thought Patterns 

first time listen, second ever death album, totally wicked

Awesome album!!!  The other album I love is Human.  

• Like 1

Dragonforce - Sonic Firestorm

Liked the album.  Not a bad song.  Good (although slightly repetitive) drum work, crazy galloping guitar work, decent vocals, good lyrics.  The power salad "Dawn Over a New World" was my favorite song on the album.  2nd favorite is hard to pick since I liked a lot on the album.  Perhaps "Soldiers of the Wasteland".  Glad I tried this band and will definitely keep exploring them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Dragonforce - Sonic Firestorm

Liked the album.  Not a bad song.  Good (although slightly repetitive) drum work, crazy galloping guitar work, decent vocals, good lyrics.  The power salad "Dawn Over a New World" was my favorite song on the album.  2nd favorite is hard to pick since I liked a lot on the album.  Perhaps "Soldiers of the Wasteland".  Glad I tried this band and will definitely keep exploring them.

I stopped listening to this band after their fourth album but this one was easily my favorite from them. It's probably been 15 years since I last heard it though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, treeduck said:

overkill-the-grinding-wheel-5.jpg

testament-brotherhood-of-the-snake-61b.j

annihilator-for-the-demented-0.jpg

I want royalties!  :biggrin:  this is a drawing my daughter made about 10 years ago.  (We paid for art college, ahahahahaha.  This drawing was before she went.). I keep it in the kitchen to give myself a smile.

yqLnJbrl.jpg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, blueschica said:

I want royalties!  :biggrin:  this is a drawing my daughter made about 10 years ago.  (We paid for art college, ahahahahaha.  This drawing was before she went.). I keep it in the kitchen to give myself a smile.

yqLnJbrl.jpg

It does look similar! :laugh:

• Haha 1