What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Boots @ Jul 26 2010, 02:18 PM)
People who flame me at other message boards just to get a rise or a response out of me. I don't even care what they have to say anymore. About 80% of the time I don't even read direct replies. I never think that people will respond positively. And I never check ANY of the replies I get at Youtube anymore because it's a terrible unmoderated website that's infested with trolls. I noticed a lot of people are now disabling comments to the videos they upload. I don't blame them.

Some people are just miserable & unhappy with their lives & they have to take it out on other people they don't even know who've never done them any wrong.

no.gif

goodpost.gif

I agree!

QUOTE (Boots @ Jul 26 2010, 01:18 PM)
People who flame me at other message boards just to get a rise or a response out of me.

F-m You don't need that shit

People who flame me at other message boards just to get a rise or a response out of me. I don't even care what they have to say anymore. About 80% of the time I don't even read direct replies. I never think that people will respond positively. And I never check ANY of the replies I get at Youtube anymore because it's a terrible unmoderated website that's infested with trolls. I noticed a lot of people are now disabling comments to the videos they upload. I don't blame them.

Some people are just miserable & unhappy with their lives & they have to take it out on other people they don't even know who've never done them any wrong.

no.gif

It's the internet and sadly people love the relative anyonimity they feel comes with it so they're harsh. So, one has to have thick skin. I liken it to hazing, harrassment and teasing one gets in junior high/high school. maybe a little worse because of the anonymity.

But, on the flip side, too many people are too open about cetain things on public forums which invites it all. Best to be selective in what you say and do on the 'net.

Not to sound harsh, but too many people these days are too PC, too soft/wimpified/panzied and need to toughen up some because the world doesn't give an eff about you or I. I don't know if this is you or not, and it's not directed at you specificly as it's a general statement.

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jul 26 2010, 12:09 PM)
Argh!! They put me in the wrong group for my triathlon yesterday!

I came in 35th out of 57 people yesterday. If they would have put me in the Clydesdale group (men over 200 lbs), I would have ranked 16th out of 32.

The time itself wouldn't have mattered and I'm not really hung up on placement as I'm only competing against myself (I beat last year's time by seven and a half minutes). But, it's the fact that they didn't put a friend of mine and I in the group we selected...

That would upset me too!

Nice job shaving off 7 minutes though ohmy.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 27 2010, 11:09 AM)
That would upset me too!

Nice job shaving off 7 minutes though ohmy.gif applaudit.gif

Thanks! I should've put that in the "What made you day thread" I suppose. wink.gif

Today's bit: It's 95 out, humid as all get out, supposed to have severe thunderstorms this afternoon and I have a brutal track workout ahead of me after work. On top of it all, I'm on call so I have to carry cell phone with me and have 15 minutes to respond if I get paged. :\

Ahh, the things we put ourselves through for what we enjoy doing. z7shysterical.gif

Gee lets see, ahole cust bitchin, even after I tried to save them some $$, didnt sleep well, sh&t jobs and few of them, Its just one of those days. But I will get in the wind after work for a putt!!

Self absorbed people who are too busy with their own selves that they have no time to help those around them.

I would not be at all surprised to see snowflakes drifting around in our building. It is SO COLD in here, and my space heater is busted. sad.gif (Just try to buy a space heater in GA, in July, and it's 98 degrees out. The store employees will laugh at you and think you are not being serious).

Still it beats having it too hot. That would be much, much worse.

I hate summer.

People who flame me at other message boards just to get a rise or a response out of me.  I don't even care what they have to say anymore.  About 80% of the time I don't even read direct replies.  I never think that people will respond positively.  And I never check ANY of the replies I get at Youtube anymore because it's a terrible unmoderated website that's infested with trolls.  I noticed a lot of people are now disabling comments to the videos they upload.  I don't blame them. 

no.gif

Sorry you had to go through that. Some people can be real jerks. sad.gif

Edited by MusicHead

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 27 2010, 03:51 PM)
I would not be at all surprised to see snowflakes drifting around in our building. It is SO COLD in here, and my space heater is busted. sad.gif (Just try to buy a space heater in GA, in July, and it's 98 degrees out. The store employees will laugh at you and think you are not being serious).

Still it beats having it too hot. That would be much, much worse.

I hate summer.

laugh.gif I do the same thing!

This office is FRIGID! Check Office Depot or a local office supply store online..that's how I got mine in the middle of summer.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 28 2010, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jul 28 2010, 07:09 AM)
For a THIRD Time, my employee did not show up to work... WTF???

Tell your 'employee', "YOU'RE FIRED".

Yep... Just need a replacement.. and I want to see if they turn in time for yesterday, I work it tomorrow too. I'm lookin' now.. wacko.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jul 28 2010, 02:54 PM)

Yep... Just need a replacement.. and I want to see if they turn in time for yesterday, I work it tomorrow too. I'm lookin' now.. wacko.gif

Schedule them for one hour per week and get them to quit.

Although, I can just see it...

"My boss cut me to one hour" posted in this thread. wink.gif

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jul 28 2010, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jul 28 2010, 02:54 PM)

Although, I can just see it...

"My boss cut me to one hour" posted in this thread. wink.gif

FUNNY!! http://static.railbirds.com/gallery/2009/05/49520laughing_man.gif and That would be my Par!!

Was just talking to a friend on AIM and before we signed off, amongst other stuff like "have a good day tomorrow" type things, he throws in "..other music exists besides Rush..." ! Well, jeez, I was wondering what the deal was with that eclectic collection of music cd's I found in my house! Who knew? confused13.gif

What bloody difference does it make what I listen to, I like lots of bands but if I want to listen to Rush i'll listen to f@cking Rush! It's about getting enjoyment from the music, right? Well, 2.gif hits the spot! banghead.gif eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jul 28 2010, 04:52 PM)

Better yet....

Schedule them for one hour prior to close on Monday, then for the first hour that you're open on Tuesday, then for one hour prior to close on Wednesday, then for the first hour that you're open on Thursday, then for one hour prior to close on Friday, then for the first hour that you're open on Saturday.

And giv'em Sunday off. Tell'em you're giving them a break. That is if they haven't quit. laugh.gif

What's happening to my neighborhood???? Seriously. I came home today to find the ONLY entrance to my street blocked by a cop who had just pulled over one of my neighbors (who just moved in with his family, three doors down from me) and was frisking him.

Recently we have had a house full of meth-heads arrested, there are some prostitutes one block over. . .what the hell is going on????