What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jul 21 2010, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 21 2010, 11:13 AM)
I guess just life related?

I trained for a 1/2 marathon last summer/fall and consistently worked to get there.  The Bod was amazing (for me at least haha!).  Now, I've changed jobs and have a longer commute so less time to run/workout after I get home.  Plus, I'm getting married in November and my hubby-to-be and I are building a house (log home), which as of recent, I've been painting after I get home every night.  So pretty much, not a whole lot of time to fit in exercise like I used to..

I have tried getting up and running before work but I already get up at 5:15 as it is, so that means getting up at 4:45am to run  banghead.gif

That sounds like a lot of excuses but I really am trying to fit working out in without being overloaded!

Been there, and it sucks to say the least. I left one job for another last fall thinking it'd be a great opportunity. Was I wrong! Longer commute, less time to train. Crappy hours, VERY HIGH levels of stress. In 5 months, I regained 25 of the 35 pounds I lost over the previous summer.

I had an opportunity to go back to my old job and I took it in a heart beat. Now, I'm back to training and I've lost all but 5 of those pounds I regained (still have a ways to go before I'm where I want to be). But, life is so much better now that I'm able to train (I have a sprint triathlon this Sunday, a half iron this fall and then three weeks after that, a full marathon).

Just start with what you can in terms of exercise. After dinner, go out for a 15 minute job or walk and invite the fiance along. Don't stress about it, just take some time and help unwind. IMO, physical stress is the best cure for mental stress.

Congrats on the future wedding and may it be the beginning of your "Happily Ever After".

Thanks, Force.

I know next year when we're not planning a wedding and building a house, I'll be back to where I was in terms of having time to fit in exercise w/o rushing it (well, I hope). I actually am thinking about training for a marathon next year, though the thought is daunting enough! I've worked my way up to a half marathon (did two of them).

I've really only put on about 5 lbs but...I'm a 5'3 female so for me, that's enough to make the clothes feel snugger. And I feel squishier than last summer in general laugh.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 21 2010, 07:56 PM)
Thanks, Force.

I know next year when we're not planning a wedding and building a house, I'll be back to where I was in terms of having time to fit in exercise w/o rushing it (well, I hope). I actually am thinking about training for a marathon next year, though the thought is daunting enough! I've worked my way up to a half marathon (did two of them).

I've really only put on about 5 lbs but...I'm a 5'3 female so for me, that's enough to make the clothes feel snugger. And I feel squishier than last summer in general laugh.gif

You're welcome, and hope it all works out for you! Congrats on the completion of the halves! A lot of work. smile.gif

But, let me play devil's advocate... What happens next year when say, you're expecting a child, another job change, family issues, etc.? Are you going to push off for another year?

No time like the present to start doing 15 minutes a couple of times a week so that when you do want to start being serious it's not as big of a jump as starting over from a dead stop.

Okay, okay. I'll shut up now... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 21 2010, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 21 2010, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 21 2010, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 21 2010, 08:38 AM)
Just found out at the doctor today that I have asthma.

Oh joy, still more medical expenses for inhalers for the rest of my life...... angry.gif

My oldest was just diagnosed with reactive airway disease which I was told was what they call asthma in toddlers. We also have to do the inhaler thing. I feel for you. I've never known anyone with asthma. It's pretty scary to witness someone who can't breathe!

I was wondering why I've had trouble getting my breath some times this week.....turns out I only have 70% lung capacity, and the other 30% has to be stimulated. Also explains why I've had bronchitis (repeatedly) and pneumonia (just once, but it took me out for 2 weeks) over the past several years.

I take it then you have to use the inhaler daily? Aedan just has to take it when his breathing gets really difficult (when he has a cold or his allergies act up).

He has to use this mask/tube contraption and he HATES it! I literally have to hold him down while I pump the inhaler. It's awful.

Still, it's a good thing you have the inhaler now and can breathe easier. I bet you notice a huge change.

For the next month, I am under instructions from my doctor to take 2 puffs of Symbicort in the morning, and 2 in the evening. When I see him again, I will have thought of more questions to ask him. In fact, in talking with you and nettiesaur in this thread, I have thought of a few. And yes nettiesaur, the copays do make it less expensive, so I should be thankful for that. Still......I'm not made of money. Perhaps I should just drop my weight and that would solve a lot of problems, but that is not NEARLY as simple as it seems, especially given my age.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 21 2010, 10:09 AM)
Everyone in this household is against me. I'm convinced. They have a conspiracy going or something. This all happened at once. Coincidence!? I say NOT!

As I'm running to the baby to grab some sort of little choking thing from inside his mouth the older kid takes the full carton of oj from the fridge and dumps the entire thing out (in the sink though, thank god, but WTH was going through his head!?), one cat is using the litter box and stinking up the joint while the other starts hurling up a hairball.

Tell me they aren't working together to push me to the brink of insanity.

Janie...that's not a bad day hon...that's a sitcom episode!

well, i laughed. tongue.gif but WITH you not at you. smile.gif

Not pissed, really...just a tinge of sadness.

Kerry decided to start packing away his Legos...his room looks so different now. On the plus side, we could probably add on to the house using the 3 gazillion bricks...

Also, I registered him for 7th grade today. b_sigh.gif When I first got into all this internet/Rush stuff, he was only 6.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 22 2010, 11:41 AM)

Kerry decided to start packing away his Legos...his room looks so different now. On the plus side, we could probably add on to the house using the 3 gazillion bricks...

Also, I registered him for 7th grade today. b_sigh.gif When I first got into all this internet/Rush stuff, he was only 6.

As long as he doesn't pack away Woody or Buzz.... wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 22 2010, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 22 2010, 11:41 AM)

Kerry decided to start packing away his Legos...his room looks so different now.  On the plus side, we could probably add on to the house using the 3 gazillion bricks...

Also, I registered him for 7th grade today.  b_sigh.gif  When I first got into all this internet/Rush stuff, he was only 6.

As long as he doesn't pack away Woody or Buzz.... wink.gif

biggrin.gif Nice...

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jul 22 2010, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 21 2010, 07:56 PM)
Thanks, Force.

I know next year when we're not planning a wedding and building a house, I'll be back to where I was in terms of having time to fit in exercise w/o rushing it (well, I hope).  I actually am thinking about training for a marathon next year, though the thought is daunting enough!  I've worked my way up to a half marathon (did two of them).

You're welcome, and hope it all works out for you! Congrats on the completion of the halves! A lot of work. smile.gif

But, let me play devil's advocate... What happens next year when say, you're expecting a child, another job change, family issues, etc.? Are you going to push off for another year?

No time like the present to start doing 15 minutes a couple of times a week so that when you do want to start being serious it's not as big of a jump as starting over from a dead stop.

Okay, okay. I'll shut up now... tongue.gif

Holding off on the marathon? I'm not sure. It's going to be hard to do it even when I have all the time in the world!

I still run 2-3x per week, and try to do a longer run on the weekends (for me, 6+miles). My other runs during the week are 3-4 miles apiece. This is down from running 4-5x per week last summer, where my shorter runs were 3-6 miles each, and anywhere from 7-10 (or even 12) for long runs on the weekends. I'd like to get back to that regimen if possible.

Let's be clear too that some of this has to do with not looking like a stuffed sausage in my wedding gown come November unsure.gif

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jul 22 2010, 08:16 AM)
Everyone in this household is against me. I'm convinced. They have a conspiracy going or something. This all happened at once. Coincidence!? I say NOT!

As I'm running to the baby to grab some sort of little choking thing from inside his mouth the older kid takes the full carton of oj from the fridge and dumps the entire thing out (in the sink though, thank god, but WTH was going through his head!?), one cat is using the litter box and stinking up the joint while the other starts hurling up a hairball.

I've often thought we need some sort of thread for random stories. Things/stories to share that don't necessarily piss us off or make our day.

Anyway, that's where this story fits. Once Kerms started hurling I just started shaking my head and laughing. One of those... if you had told me ten years ago that I'd be listening to a cat hork while digging out a piece of lord knows what out of an infants mouth and hearing another kid frantically dump out an entire carton of oj... moments.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 22 2010, 11:06 AM)
Holding off on the marathon? I'm not sure. It's going to be hard to do it even when I have all the time in the world!

I still run 2-3x per week, and try to do a longer run on the weekends (for me, 6+miles). My other runs during the week are 3-4 miles apiece. This is down from running 4-5x per week last summer, where my shorter runs were 3-6 miles each, and anywhere from 7-10 (or even 12) for long runs on the weekends. I'd like to get back to that regimen if possible.

Let's be clear too that some of this has to do with not looking like a stuffed sausage in my wedding gown come November unsure.gif

Oh, well then nevermind. Here I thought you were griping about not being able to work out at all. Disregard my previous posts then... tongue.gif

Good to hear you're still running some! That's what I was attempting to get you to do was to run a couple of times each week even if just for 15 minutes.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 22 2010, 11:19 AM)
I've often thought we need some sort of thread for random stories. Things/stories to share that don't necessarily piss us off or make our day.

A "You won't believe it. But, ...... happened to me today" thread would be a good idea!

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jul 22 2010, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 22 2010, 11:19 AM)

A "You won't believe it. But, ...... happened to me today" thread would be a good idea!

You think?

Ok, I'll start one. smile.gif

Edited by Janie

It rained so hard(over 7 inches) here today that my sister's basement is flooded for the second time in a week.

Guess who gets to help clean that up? Again.

Luckily, most of the stuff got thrown out last week.

Crazy.. Bring someone out of a deep dark hole and make it so they can make good and break from the past and they slap you in the face and resent what you have done......

pokey.gif wtf.gif banghead.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 22 2010, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jul 22 2010, 08:16 AM)

Anyway, that's where this story fits. Once Kerms started hurling I just started shaking my head and laughing. One of those... if you had told me ten years ago that I'd be listening to a cat hork while digging out a piece of lord knows what out of an infants mouth and hearing another kid frantically dump out an entire carton of oj... moments.

LOL Oh Janie, if we knew then what we know now.

If kids knew what sex and marriage will more than likely lead to? Teenaged girls would lower their skirts past the knees and boys would lift their pants up properly...

I dared to put on a spritz of perfume this morning.

Did I just type "spritz"? jeez.

Anyway...one tiny spray, and I feel like it went directly up my nose, into my sinuses, which have been burning constantly ever since.

That's what I get for feeling a little girly. I have on a new pink shirt and it went to my head.

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jul 22 2010, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 22 2010, 11:06 AM)
Holding off on the marathon?  I'm not sure.  It's going to be hard to do it even when I have all the time in the world!

I still run 2-3x per week, and try to do a longer run on the weekends (for me, 6+miles).  My other runs during the week are 3-4 miles apiece.  This is down from running 4-5x per week last summer, where my shorter runs were 3-6 miles each, and anywhere from 7-10 (or even 12) for long runs on the weekends.  I'd like to get back to that regimen if possible.

Let's be clear too that some of this has to do with not looking like a stuffed sausage in my wedding gown come November  unsure.gif

Oh, well then nevermind. Here I thought you were griping about not being able to work out at all. Disregard my previous posts then... tongue.gif

Good to hear you're still running some! That's what I was attempting to get you to do was to run a couple of times each week even if just for 15 minutes.

trink39.gif S'all good!

The copier at work is without question the biggest goddamn miserable f*cking piece of shit ever.

Yes, I am tying up the printer with 270 pages. Sorry. But I do not have the time or the patience to stand next to the f*cking copier clearing paper jams every 6 sheets. It is not happening. Add to the fact that it is too damn early in the morning to get covered in toner.

I hate office equipment. comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif

The copier at work is without question the biggest goddamn miserable f*cking piece of shit ever. 
Yes, I am tying up the printer with 270 pages.  Sorry.  But I do not have the time or the patience to stand next to the f*cking copier clearing paper jams every 6 sheets.  It is not happening.  Add to the fact that it is too damn early in the morning to get covered in toner.

I hate office equipment.  comp26.gif  comp26.gif  comp26.gif  comp26.gif

Um.....yeah....I think I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday...um....yeah....um....to fix the printer....mmmk? laugh.gif

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab26/friscofreak/printer_smash_2.gif

EDIT: Forgot to quote Mara... doh.gif

Edited by Natch

office crap....that will do it esp on a Monday,,

me..taking too long for an ok to fix the cust cars.. wasting time == no $$$$ angry.gif

Heat. It needs to stop . Now

Argh!! They put me in the wrong group for my triathlon yesterday!

I came in 35th out of 57 people yesterday. If they would have put me in the Clydesdale group (men over 200 lbs), I would have ranked 16th out of 32.

The time itself wouldn't have mattered and I'm not really hung up on placement as I'm only competing against myself (I beat last year's time by seven and a half minutes). But, it's the fact that they didn't put a friend of mine and I in the group we selected...

People who flame me at other message boards just to get a rise or a response out of me. I don't even care what they have to say anymore. About 80% of the time I don't even read direct replies. I never think that people will respond positively. And I never check ANY of the replies I get at Youtube anymore because it's a terrible unmoderated website that's infested with trolls. I noticed a lot of people are now disabling comments to the videos they upload. I don't blame them.

Some people are just miserable & unhappy with their lives & they have to take it out on other people they don't even know who've never done them any wrong.

no.gif