Colon Cancer

Lorraine

Got word earlier that the cancer is in my lymph nodes. Being referred to an oncologist for treatment

Oooof. Sorry to hear this, so so sorry.

:hug2:

More prayers coming you way. Stay strong and know there are people here pulling for you as hard as humanly possible.

• Like 6

Got word earlier that the cancer is in my lymph nodes. Being referred to an oncologist for treatment

Oooof. Sorry to hear this, so so sorry.

:hug2:

More prayers coming you way. Stay strong and know there are people here pulling for you as hard as humanly possible.

Stage 3 - whatever that means. I forgot how many lymph nodes it's in - 7 or 8

Oh Lorraine, that`s a low punch so soon after the better vibes. FWIW, Stage 3 - "Locally advanced but curable" so yes, spiteful but fixable. Saddened to hear this but it`s definitely good to know that someone will soon be addressing it :hug2:
  • Like 4

Shoot, that stinks! :banghead: I'm sad to hear this but please know I will be praying daily. Your medical team sounds like they've got your back. We are here for you! :hug2:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 7

Oh Lorraine, that`s a low punch so soon after the better vibes. FWIW, Stage 3 - "Locally advanced but curable" so yes, spiteful but fixable. Saddened to hear this but it`s definitely good to know that someone will soon be addressing it :hug2:

I'm not a chemo fan and I was already told radiation won't help it. The tumor was right at the end near my appendix. He "thinks" he got all of it.

Not sure what I am going to do. I want to hear my options first.

Edited by Lorraine

I'm so sorry to hear this, Lorraine! You will be in our prayers. :hug2: :heart:

• Like 4

Oh dammit Lorraine, I'm so sorry... you're in my prayers :hug2:

• Like 5

When you can and are ready to share please do. In the meantime, we'll be thinking about you and praying for you.
  • Like 6

If you go to the oncologist by yourself, you might want to record the conversation. I'm sure it will be a lot to take in and you don't want to miss any important information.
  • Like 11

I won't stop watching for updates, you are not alone on this shitty journey! My sister-in-law got it pretty bad a few years back. She called it Voldemort and literally called it by name, every day.

"You don't scare me" type inner chatter, she explained. Nothing was hiding inside her, she would wrestle it down.

She is, today, severely over weight and extremely unhealthy. But it did go away. Recent regular tests still show it to be gone. The 295 lbs and drastically ignored type 1 Diabetes is now her battle, at almost 60. But Voldemort seems to have disappeared.

• Like 4

Has anyone heard from her??

I was thinking of messaging her in the next few days but also felt that it might be better to give her some space right now. I`m sure Lorraine knows we`re thinking of her and are here for her, but on the other hand it never hurts to make sure she knows that.
  • Like 7

Here's an update.

Oncologist told me yesterday that I have Stage 3C cancer. He also showed me what appears to be cysts on my liver. I have to go for a PET Scan to determine whether those cysts are cancer. Also, I am awaiting the results of some type of blood test which will tell if I still have cancer in my body.

If the cancer is in the liver, that brings it to Stage 4.

He suggested two chemo drugs - one oral and one IV - oxaliplatin and xeloda. I have read up on both and decided emphatically - NO WAY. Cure is worse than the disease.

So, friends and enemies, this is it. He said it appears to be a fast-growing cancer. If I do nothing, and the PET scan shows no cancer in liver, then I have a 75% chance of the cancer returning within a year. Even with chemo, the percentage doesn't change much (50-65%). If there is cancer in the liver, I don't know how long I have.

Say your goodbyes now while I still have my wits about me. ;)

ORFie and I are going to get a celestial TRF going on the other side.

I look forward to meeting Neil. And Tom Petty. And Eddie.

:monalisa:

Here's an update.

Oncologist told me yesterday that I have Stage 3C cancer. He also showed me what appears to be cysts on my liver. I have to go for a PET Scan to determine whether those cysts are cancer. Also, I am awaiting the results of some type of blood test which will tell if I still have cancer in my body.

He suggested two chemo drugs - one oral and one IV - oxaliplatin and xeloda. I have read up on both and decided emphatically - NO WAY. Cure is worse than the disease.

So, friends and enemies, this is it. He said it appears to be a fast-growing cancer. If I do nothing, and the PET scan shows no cancer in liver, then I have a 75% chance of the cancer returning within a year. Even with chemo, the percentage doesn't change much (50-65%). If there is cancer in the liver, I don't know how long I have.

Even with your news update, it`s still nice to see you :yes:

Whenever you want to come and talk to us, we`ll be here - and when you don`t want to, know that we care :hug2:

• Like 4

Here's an update.

We love you! Not sure what else to say; what else could we say? Prayers still going up...

• Like 5

Here's an update.

Prayers that you are in the 25% where cancer doesn't return. :hug2: I hope all turns out ok with the liver, it sounds like that is the key. Sending love- you will be in my prayers.

• Like 8