Colon Cancer

Lorraine

I understand your perspective on this, Lorraine.

Sending love :hug2:

:hug2:

I just got back from picking out my funeral cards. This is really getting bizarre. I often wonder who the person is that's doing all this stuff while holding normal conversations with people without being a basket case.

I think you are incredibly brave. Huge respect. :hug2:

I'm not brave. I'm taking the coward's way out. Brave is having the courage to suffer the ravages of chemo.

I just got back from picking out my funeral cards. This is really getting bizarre. I often wonder who the person is that's doing all this stuff while holding normal conversations with people without being a basket case.

I'm not brave. I'm taking the coward's way out. Brave is having the courage to suffer the ravages of chemo.

There are many ways to be brave.

• Like 8

There are many ways to be brave.

And, in my opinion, one of them is to listen to yourself, decide what's best for YOU, and follow through with doing it despite anyone who tries to tell you differently.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 6

Facing something with the courage of your convictions, accepting the outcome, not trusting your own fate to others and not rolling the dice - sounds like courage to me :monalisa:
  • Like 6

Facing something with the courage of your convictions, accepting the outcome, not trusting your own fate to others and not rolling the dice - sounds like courage to me :monalisa:

You are being true to yourself, which means everything. :hug2: Thinking of you and admiring your courage.

• Like 7

I strongly disagree with this, but I'm not looking to challenge your definitions of courage :) Just to offer my support and let you know that I will always remember you with affection and great regard :hug2:

• Like 5

I've not posted here Lorraine because I just don't know how to say stuff sometimes.

But I'll say this - you are not a coward. You are indeed brave, IMO. Facing this - with decisiveness and strength. Even if you don't feel that way about it.

Not wanting to do a thing isn't cowardice, it's decisiveness. You researched, you weighed options, you decided. Then you further decided how to make your time work for you in the best way you could, and you got right to it. There's the strength. Sounds pretty darned brave to me.

Edit: This isn't meant to say that you don't / shouldn't feel the way you do about it. You do you. I'm just saying that out here, you're looking pretty brave and strong. I hope that helps in some way.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Edit: A while ago we discussed the Secaucus Rocks here on the board. When I think of you I think of that place, and the last time I was in the NY area I happened to drive by there - I thought of you. I think I always will.

Edited by grep
  • Like 7

I've not posted here Lorraine because I just don't know how to say stuff sometimes.

But I'll say this - you are not a coward. You are indeed brave, IMO. Facing this - with decisiveness and strength. Even if you don't feel that way about it.

Not wanting to do a thing isn't cowardice, it's decisiveness. You researched, you weighed options, you decided. Then you further decided how to make your time work for you in the best way you could, and you got right to it. There's the strength. Sounds pretty darned brave to me.

Edit: This isn't meant to say that you don't / shouldn't feel the way you do about it. You do you. I'm just saying that out here, you're looking pretty brave and strong. I hope that helps in some way.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Edit: A while ago we discussed the Secaucus Rocks here on the board. When I think of you I think of that place, and the last time I was in the NY area I happened to drive by there - I thought of you. I think I always will.

Thank you for your heartfelt post. :hug2:

This is a very emotional time for me. Every day is a roller coaster ride.

• Like 2

I strongly disagree with this, but I'm not looking to challenge your definitions of courage :) Just to offer my support and let you know that I will always remember you with affection and great regard :hug2:

Your lavender is a life-saver! :hug2:

• Like 2

:sundog: :hug2: :monalisa: :hug2: :monalisa: :hug2: :monalisa: :hug2: :monalisa: :hug2: :monalisa: :hug2: :monalisa: :hug2: :monalisa: :hug2: :monalisa: :hug2: :monalisa: :hug2: :monalisa: :hug2: :monalisa: :hug2: :sundog:
  • Like 7

I haven’t been making it around often enough, obviously- and this is the first I’m seeing of all this news, Lorraine.

There aren’t any words I can offer that will really do anything, I don’t think. But just know that as a dear friend, I pray for the best days you can possibly have, going through all of this.

• Like 6

I haven’t been making it around often enough, obviously- and this is the first I’m seeing of all this news, Lorraine.

There aren’t any words I can offer that will really do anything, I don’t think. But just know that as a dear friend, I pray for the best days you can possibly have, going through all of this.

Well, no chemo, so each day is a surprise.

Hospice has taken me in, so they must agree with my two friends who don't seem to think I will make it much past Christmas.

We shall see.

Your support and prayers are deeply appreciated and very much needed.

• Like 4

A friend brought me an aromatherapy diffuser with lots of oils, including Lavender. to help me keep calm and relaxed and sleep. I'm so grateful to her.

The hospice nurse is coming tomorrow morning. She said that on account of my home situation, the doctor wants to put me on an anti-depressant. There's no use in me getting needlessly annoyed, aggravated and being antagonized, she said, and the antidepressant will help. They had to refill my antibiotic because one of the incisions is still oozing. I had my operation just in the nick of time because the hospital is now full of covid patients and all operations, except for emergency operations, have been cancelled.

Hospice is all about making the patient's last months as pleasant as possible. It actually feels wonderful. Finally, someone caring about me.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 13

A friend brought me an aromatherapy diffuser with lots of oils, including Lavender. to help me keep calm and relaxed and sleep. I'm so grateful to her.

The hospice nurse is coming tomorrow morning. She said that on account of my home situation, the doctor wants to put me on an anti-depressant. There's no use in me getting needlessly annoyed, aggravated and being antagonized, she said, and the antidepressant will help. They had to refill my antibiotic because one of the incisions is still oozing. I had my operation just in the nick of time because the hospital is now full of covid patients and all operations, except for emergency operations, have been cancelled.

Hospice is all about making the patient's last months as pleasant as possible. It actually feels wonderful. Finally, someone caring about me.

That's wonderful that you are getting good care, it will mean a lot as you go through this. Hugs & Prayers :hug2: :heart:

• Like 4

Signs indicate that tumor is growing back.

The surgeon is right; this is an aggressive and fast-growing cancer.

I honestly thought I'd have a lot more time, but Christmas sounds about right.

This is very sad.

:hug2: :hug2: I'm glad to hear hospice is working out so well; they really sound like angels. I'm sorry to hear they think the tumor is aggressive. :( Please let us know if we can help with anything.

• Like 5

I wish I had the talent to convey to all how I feel right now, but words fail me.

There isn't anything right now that would help me.

Not even the perfect post. Which is why I haven't posted much here. Like others have said, I admire the strength you've shown in facing this. All I can say is...just know that you are loved.
  • Like 8