Plant - Big Log or Henley - The Boys of Summer?

Texas King

Big Log or The Boys of Summer?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Big Log or The Boys of Summer?

• Rbert Plant - Big Log
    • Don Henley - The Boys of Summer

Phil Collins is the man, but I gotta go with Henley on this one.

Boys of Summer is a great timeless track. Danny Kortchmar played a huge part in putting the track together, despite Wikipedia giving all the credit to Mike Campbell and Don.

Bonus - if you sing the verses to Hotel California, they fit perfectly into the verses for Boys of Summer.

• Like 1

Boys of Summer is a great timeless track. Danny Kortchmar played a huge part in putting the track together, despite Wikipedia giving all the credit to Mike Campbell and Don.

Bonus - if you sing the verses to Hotel California, they fit perfectly into the verses for Boys of Summer.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn’t know Phil played on Big Log.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

I was watching a VH1 That Metal Show episode with Buck Dharma (Blue Öyster Cult) and Steve Whiteman and Brian Forsythe (Kix).

Eddie Trunk and his colleagues were throwing rapid fire questions at Buck, Steve, and Brian (beginning at the 20:00 mark) below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnmPDm6Bi5I

The two questions that stand out are 'what other bands each would play in' and 'the song song that each wished they wrote'.

Buck's answer to the above is The Grateful Dead and 'Boys of Summer' ("Out on the road today, I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac")

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

Wow. Two different songs, two different attitudes. Where did you come up with this combination, TK? I LOVE BOTH TUNES! For different reasons, and different moods...

Uy4frSB.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, didn’t know Phil played on Big Log.

Phil is all over Plant's first two albums.
  • Like 2

I utterly hate both songs. I was 13 when I first saw the Big Log video on MTV. I didn't know Plant had been in Zeppelin, and thought, "This guy SUCKS!" It was actually that way with a lot of 70's stars early MTV videos. Henley's first was a song called "Johnny Can't Read", Frida (ABBA) had "There's Something Going On", Peter Gabriel had "Shock the Monkey", and Kate Bush had "Runnin'Up That Hill". All of those were songs I couldn't stand when I first started watching MTV, not knowing they were actually legends. Most of them grew on me, but Big Log never did.

Edited by edhunter

Horizontal departure, In The Mood, Other Arms, Messin' With The Mekon, Wreckless Love, Stranger Here Than Over There... great tracks from Principle... that are better than Big Log, imo.