The 5 Albums You've Listened to the Most

Non-RUSH? Probably these...

220px-Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_IV.jpg

220px-CheapTrick_Live_atBudokan.jpg

220px-BostonBoston.jpg

220px-ACDC_Back_in_Black.png

220px-Van_Halen_album.jpg

Had to change this twice.

i can understand that Van Halen album. It's hard to stop listening to once you start. I wore mine out too.

That's one of those albums that I knew most of the songs off it before ever hearing it because I grew up hearing the radio always playing like 7 songs from it.

• Like 1

220px-BostonBoston.jpg

i can understand that Van Halen album. It's hard to stop listening to once you start. I wore mine out too.

That's one of those albums that I knew most of the songs off it before ever hearing it because I grew up hearing the radio always playing like 7 songs from it.

I love that band.

220px-BostonBoston.jpg

The radio still plays most of the tracks on it... if you're tuned to the right station. ;)

All right, in my best estimation:

Black Crowes- Amorica

Grateful Dead- American Beauty

James Taylor- Mud Slide Slim and the Blue Horizon

Joni Mitchell- Hejira

Rush- Permanent Waves

• Like 5

Oh God, I would have no idea what album to even start with. I'm too big of a music nerd to even take a guess at what my list would be.

Exactly my thinking too.

Good to see you around here again.

Likewise, brother, and thank you.

220px-BostonBoston.jpg

The radio still plays most of the tracks on it... if you're tuned to the right station. ;)

The right station being any classic rock station anywhere in the world.

• Like 2

Wow- this is hard! Taking a guess, no particular order, I think I got it down to six. I was often limited budget wise and listened to a lot of freeform FM radio (no playlist) while it existed.

Bruce Springsteen- Born To Run, also The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle

Fleetwood Mac- Rumours

The Who- Who's Next

Rush- Fly By Night

Bonnie Raitt- Give It Up

ETA: How could I forget the Endless Summer compilation by the Beach Boys? Are these supposed to be non Rush? I could substitute that for Fly By Night . . .

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

No particular order:

Kick Out the Jams-MC 5

The Bob Seger System-The Bob Seger System

Live at Leeds-The Who

Welcome Back My Friends...-ELP

Live at Filmore East-Allmann Bros. Band.

• Like 3

Not counting Rush, in which case ATWAS, Hemi, PeW, MP and ESL might make up my top five, I'd go:

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Wire - Change Becomes Us

Radiohead - OK Computer

The Beatles - The Beatles

Nirvana - Nevermind

Edited by Rutlefan

Black Crowes- Amorica

Joni Mitchell- Hejira

Rush- Permanent Waves

Probably a Crowes coin toss for me on Amorica vs Warpaint. Ballad In Urgency > Wiser Time has a feel that it was written by someone/something from a higher plain. But I listen to Warpaint so much now. Didn't really become a Crowes fan until 96. So Amorica has 23 years of history vs the 10 years of Warpaints life. Difference might be that I usually listen to the entire Warpaint album, but pick and chose off of Amorica.

• Like 2

I wish I had cooler lists...my lists always look so unTRF friendly lmao

It would be boring if you had predictable lists. Always great to see fresh opinions.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure A Night At The Opera doesn't make the list for me. Many times have a listened to its perfection, but not as many as I've listened to a number of other less perfect releases from my all time favorite band.

Live Killers is my top-listened Queen album and may be in my actual top 5.
  • Like 4

Wow- this is hard! Taking a guess, no particular order, I think I got it down to six. I was often limited budget wise and listened to a lot of freeform FM radio (no playlist) while it existed.

Bruce Springsteen- Born To Run, also The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle

Fleetwood Mac- Rumours

The Who- Who's Next

Rush- Fly By Night

Bonnie Raitt- Give It Up

ETA: How could I forget the Endless Summer compilation by the Beach Boys?

I think I actually listened to the Good Vibrations compilation more. That may be in my top five.
  • Like 1

Black Crowes- Amorica

Joni Mitchell- Hejira

Rush- Permanent Waves

Probably a Crowes coin toss for me on Amorica vs Warpaint. Ballad In Urgency > Wiser Time has a feel that it was written by someone/something from a higher plain. But I listen to Warpaint so much now. Didn't really become a Crowes fan until 96. So Amorica has 23 years of history vs the 10 years of Warpaints life. Difference might be that I usually listen to the entire Warpaint album, but pick and chose off of Amorica.

I did listen to Warpaint a bunch, in its first five or six years. But Amorica, from midnight on the day of its release...well, I listened to it three times that night, and never looked back. I’ll say it actually took those first three listens for me to really get it, but then it had its hooks in me, completely. I felt that album literally saved my life, when I was 21-22 years old.

• Like 2

This is really tricky because there's probably a different five for what my tastes were at the time. Rush was ATWAS, MP, Hemi, PW, PoW. Others that are goto's that cover alot of time:

SRV - Live Alive

Soundgarden - Superunknown

Black Crowes - Southern Harmony and Musical Companion

Pat Metheny - As Falls Wichita, so falls Wichita Falls

RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

I guess this thread can be considered the top 5 albums for being stranded on a desert island list.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

This is really tricky because there's probably a different five for what my tastes were at the time. Rush was ATWAS, MP, Hemi, PW, PoW. Others that are goto's that cover alot of time:

SRV - Live Alive

I guess this thread can be considered the top 5 albums for being stranded on a desert island list.

Interesting, yeah, I was not thinking about a desert island list at all, but they are similar, they would definitely be good candidates.

The problem with desert island lists is how limiting they are. Five is just murder. Ten isn’t any better...and neither is twenty, for that matter...but then fifty, or something, would also take me forever to come up with.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

SRV - Live Alive

Interesting, yeah, I was not thinking about a desert island list at all, but they are similar, they would definitely be good candidates.

The problem with desert island lists is how limiting they are. Five is just murder. Ten isn’t any better...and neither is twenty, for that matter...but then fifty, or something, would also take me forever to come up with.

I struggle with lists if it's below 20. 20 is good but i STILL feel like i'm neglecting some greats, lol

Mick

• Like 2

SRV - Live Alive

I struggle with lists if it's below 20. 20 is good but i STILL feel like i'm neglecting some greats, lol

Mick

Exactly.

• Like 1

Non Rush:

Historically:

Selling England By The Pound - Genesis

Machine Head - Deep Purple

Rising - Rainbow

Script For A Jester’s Tear - Marillion

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Last 20 years:

In Absentia - Porcupine Tree

Hand.Cannot.Erase - Steven Wilson

Sloe Gin - Joe Bonamassa

Inception Soundtrack - Hans Zimmer

The Shaming Of The True - Kevin Gilbert

• Like 1

Saw this on YouTube the other day and thought it was a good question. I think it's based on a Ricky Gervais tweet or some damn thing.

What are the 5 albums that you've listened to the most in your life? Five. F-i-v-e.

Not necessarily the best, but the ones that are burned into your brain. :P

This is what I came up with:

Another Green World - Brian Eno

Close to the Edge - Yes

Cheap Trick s/t 1977

Help - The Beatles

The Madcap Laughs - Syd Barrett

Have a go!

Oops, I guess I should've added "don't agonize over this" :LOL:

And why not include Rush? If the sonic shoe fits...Also feel free to include live albums and greatest hits. Whatever has racked up the most plays in your life thus far.

I also wouldn't think of this as a desert island list, although there could be some similarities. The majority of my 5 wouldn't make it to a desert island. :no:

Thanks for playing along! It's an interesting question to consider.

Moving Pictures

The Wall

Scenes From a Memory

Back in Black

Thunder Seven

Operation Mindcrime

Under a Blood Red Sky

The Song Remains the Same

ATWAS

Fail! :P

But you bring up a good point: knowing the difference between 9 and 5 can sometimes be confusing. This song might be able to help out a bit:

• Like 1

This is a good question. It's hard to know. So I'll go with 5 that I listened to incessantly right after I first heard them. In order of appearance in my life:

Kiss - Alive II

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

UFO - Lights Out

Def Leppard - Pyromania

Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction

• Like 3