The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Been spending so much time watching the games,haven't been online for a while. Now both Conference leaders are out, Avs beat Calgary tonight. I have to be happy for them, Rantanen has recovered nicely and the Hobey Baker winner Makar looks like a great addition to the team. The other reason I am happy is they were my Mom's team and I wish she was here to see them so I am cheering them on for her. I will have a hard time deciding who to root for if they go against Vegas...guess we'll see. My sister is a big Sharks fan and she's not happy right now..I've got to lay low so I don't get her wrath :scared:

This is a crazy playoff and since I love to cheer for the underdogs, it has been fun to watch. Come on Canes!! :popcorn:

• Like 5

python-enguin-explode-isles.gif

Congrats to your Islanders! I had hopes for the Pens when Guentzel scored early but it was not to be. :( Great series for the Isles!

The core of the Pens have been together a long time and have had many long seasons with lots of playoff games, including two Cups in the past three years. Thirteen straight years making the playoffs. That's a lot of extra games every season. It looks like it's finally catching up with you guys.

Seems like that is going around, teams get good win a few Cups and then lose players due to salary caps and some of the older players aren't as quick as they used to be...Hawks, Kings and Pens. Sorry BluesChica, it hurts to get swept...I still can't cheer for Nashville after they wiped the Hawks out in 2016.

• Like 2

My picks to win in the first round: Tampa Bay over Columbus, Boston over Toronto, Washington over Carolina, Pittsburgh over New York, Calgary over Colorado, San Jose over Las Vegas, Nashville over Dallas, St. Louis over Winnipeg.

One for four so far. I'm probably going to end up two for eight, and hang my head in shame...

Ouch Winnipeg. :facepalm:

That was such a dispirited outing. Sure, they woke up with 8 minutes to go, but too little, too late.

This has been a wild first round! Upsets galore! Bos/TO game 6 in an hour... :scared:

Come on Chara, you magnificent mutant!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/63f659cd2a435907d608b7bfafeaaf8f/tumblr_mvpgj95BRx1shywyho1_250.gif

tumblr_ofivblzmh81unn9j6o2_500.jpg

• Like 2

Ouch Winnipeg. :facepalm:

That was such a dispirited outing. Sure, they woke up with 8 minutes to go, but too little, too late.

This has been a wild first round! Upsets galore! Bos/TO game 6 in an hour... :scared:

Come on Chara, you magnificent mutant!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/63f659cd2a435907d608b7bfafeaaf8f/tumblr_mvpgj95BRx1shywyho1_250.gif

tumblr_ofivblzmh81unn9j6o2_500.jpg

What's Chara and Marchand doing with Byfuglien's kid? :unsure:
  • Like 1

Yay, back to Boston for game 7!

Boo, if any Canadian team were to go all the way, I would wish it to be the Leafs.

Talk about conflicted :|

Dang Sharks! My sis is doing the happy dance...going to be watching tomorrow rubbing my lucky rabbits foot (got try to give them some luck somehow :laughing guy:) C'mon Vegas..then I'll have to hope the Avs can make a good series of it. Canes won tonight and Ovie was a bad boy, got tossed. At least they gave them a good series but I don't hold out much hope they can beat the Caps in Washington. Stars and Nashville are the least interesting matchup so far, just blah. Just wonder if the Blue Jackets and Isles are going to be too rested...guess we shall see Game on!! :clap: :yes: :cheerleader:
  • Like 2

Dang Sharks! My sis is doing the happy dance...going to be watching tomorrow rubbing my lucky rabbits foot (got try to give them some luck somehow :laughing guy:) C'mon Vegas..then I'll have to hope the Avs can make a good series of it. Canes won tonight and Ovie was a bad boy, got tossed. At least they gave them a good series but I don't hold out much hope they can beat the Caps in Washington. Stars and Nashville are the least interesting matchup so far, just blah. Just wonder if the Blue Jackets and Isles are going to be too rested...guess we shall see Game on!! :clap: :yes: :cheerleader:

Sorry!

I know I can type like an elephant in a china shop but man I love my Sharks, yet I hold my breath every year.

Tired of the broken heart but WOW! WHAT A GAME!!!!! Short handed baby!

SO HAPPY!

So Tuesday night in SJ!

My buddy who took me to Metal Allegiance is even a bigger Sharks fan than METAL!

He will be there tonight!

I will be watching with "Eyes Wide Shut"

Signed,

Stanley Cup Kubrick.

LOL!

GO SHARKS!

PLEASE!!!!!!

• Like 1

My picks to win in the first round: Tampa Bay over Columbus, Boston over Toronto, Washington over Carolina, Pittsburgh over New York, Calgary over Colorado, San Jose over Las Vegas, Nashville over Dallas, St. Louis over Winnipeg.

One for four so far. I'm probably going to end up two for eight, and hang my head in shame...

This was the wrong playoff year to do a bracket. Columbus probably busted 98% of them all by themselves.

• Like 2

This was the wrong playoff year to do a bracket. Columbus probably busted 98% of them all by themselves.

With Pittsburgh eliminated in a four game sweep like Tampa Bay, it wouldn't, and didn't help matters, too. When this first round is finished, I'll, and can post how my overall record was out of the eight playoff series. I didn't do, and haven't done any betting, and put any money on any particular teams, too.

• Like 1

Sharks have done the impossible. Four goals in a five minute power play...then they win it in OT. Earl will have to make threads about this everywhere...including in the New World Women section. :chickendance:
  • Like 2

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAARKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I almost had a fuckking stroke tonight! Hell even my A's beat the lame TEXASS LAMEGERS! LOL!

That's for you SULLYSUE ME! LOL!!!

A's!!!!

Sharks!!!

Warriors tomorrow!!!

Toronto on Thursday!!! GO A'S REVENGE TIME AGAINST THE JAYS!!!

So sorry about the Leafs!! I was really pulling for them.

My CPA is from Toronto and he actually saw RUSH play at his high school. INSANE!

But I was really hoping to see a Leaf playoff game this weekend. Bummed!

GO SHARKS!!!

BLACKHAWKRUSH! YOU HAVE KNOWN ME FOR YEARS!

EVERY YEAR MY HEART GETS CRUSHED SO I "CHECK" OUT!

PUN!

BUT REALLY?

A miracle on ice 2019!

It was 3-0 Good KNIGHTS! LOL!

I thought it was over.

I turned off my TV in the living room and put the Shark game on in my family room to change up the luck and karma.

Sure enough.

Once I put the game on in my family room it was 3-1

I was drinking a beer in my kitchen.

Then it was 3-2.

I stayed in my kitchen.

Then it was 3-3.

I stayed in my kitchen.

Then it was 4-3.

I stayed in my kitchen.

Then it was 4-4.

I was crushed

So I cracked another Blue Moon and walked into my living room and put on some Camel. I love Andrew Latimer.

Then I walked back into my kitchen for overtime.

I stayed there.

BOOM!

WINNER WINNER FOOLS GOLD KNIGHT DINNER!!!!!

AMAZING WIN!

EPIC HOCKEY!

My HEART IS NOT CRUSHED YET AGAIN!

"LIVE ANOTHER DAY"

LOVE,

DREAM THEATER

DRAMA THEATER!

LOVE ME SOME MIKE PORTNOY! LOL!

• Like 3

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAARKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I almost had a fuckking stroke tonight! Hell even my A's beat the lame TEXASS LAMEGERS! LOL!

That's for you SULLYSUE ME! LOL!!!

:sarcastic:

That's okay. It's just one game out of 162. Just wait till the Stars meet the Sharks in the conference final with San Jose having no answer for the Benn-Seguin-Radulov line and Bishop in net. :D

• Like 1

Boris is getting a bad itch about this. Natasha is trying to warn him off, and Fearless Leader is ranting and raving. But Mr. Big has so decreed it.

"Death to Moose and Squirrel. The NHL will have a Sharks /Blue Jackets final. BWAHAHAHAHHAHA!"

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Bummed that the Leafs didn't advance.

Awww, Canada. :(

Thanks, Goose. I'm surprised about the West. Not surprised about the Leafs. :P

The Leaf curse continues! Lotsa talk about firing Babcock today: "He didn't play Nostrils enough!" fists%20crying.gif

I wanted a 'Kadri-cam' for that game. :yes:

That's f*cked about Vegas-San Jose. F*cked! :o :o :o :o

Who friggin knows what'll happen tonight... :huh:

article_819cdfab-e629-43b1-bc32-d01b5f88eb0b.jpg

• Like 1

Bummed that the Leafs didn't advance.

Awww, Canada. :(

Thanks, Goose. I'm surprised about the West. Not surprised about the Leafs. :P

The Leaf curse continues! Lotsa talk about firing Babcock today: "He didn't play Nostrils enough!" fists%20crying.gif

I wanted a 'Kadri-cam' for that game. :yes:

That's f*cked about Vegas-San Jose. F*cked! :o :o :o :o

I just watched the play, and as much of a bummer as it was, it was the right called, I think. The guy's cross-checked and then, while in air, slammed to the ice so that he hits head first. Dumb play, with a 3-goal lead.

Knights tied it with 41 seconds left in reg. Helluva period, helluva game.

• Like 1

More fodder for any who may think the Knights won't advance because of one call:

...from the trade deadline through Game 82 Vegas killed just 73.3 per cent of its penalties — only Edmonton and Chicago were worse in that span. Vegas, as well, once held a 3-1 lead in the series, but couldn’t close it out in three attempts.

Penalty or not, the Knights didn't take care of business.

• Like 1