The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Avalanche 4 Hawks 2 :moon: After the last couple of "great performances", it's amazing we're still only five points out of a playoff spot. 32-32-10

You guys have had some nice things happen in the 2nd 1/2 of the season...

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

So it turns out me Bolts are human after all! Falling to the Blues 4-3 it was once again a real slow start that put Tampa behind early. Down 3-0 in the 1st period Tampa had a situation they had overcome before. As in many games this season me Lightning came on strong in the 2nd period scoring 2 and only letting the Blues score 1. That would be the last scoring for the Blues of the game. In the 3rd it seemed Tampa found there groove by scoring their 3rd goal and making a game of it after all. Then when Tampa seemed to have all the momentum and then scoring the tying goal everthing looked to be in the making of another awesome Lightning style comeback win. However Tampa's 4th goal was recalled as it was ruled offsides. At that was that. One highlight for Tampa was Stephen Stamkos scoring another goal making his career goal total 387 (he coulda actally has 388 but that was the offside goal :( ). Up next we host division rival Boston Bruins. I predict his one will be another barn burner.

Tampa 58-14-4. 120pts

Lets GO Lightning!!

:hockeygoon:

Yet another history writing event as me Sticks Of Fire top the hungry Carolina Hurricanes 6-3. It was another night where me Bolts appeared to be a little sluggish at the start and once again let their opponent jump out to an early lead. To be honest at this point it just seems no matter what game a team brings at me lightning or how off Tampa seems to be they are finding new ways to win. This night would prove no different as Carolina took the energy up a notch or two in the 2nd and taking the lead by 1! But just have others have learned when it comes to Lightning hockey "it ain't over til it's over!" That would be the last time the Hurricanes saw the lead as me Bolts schooled Carolina on what ratcheting up a game is all about. Highlights include Steven Stamkos scoring yet another goal bringing his career total to 387! Coach Jon Cooper earned his 300th win in a mere 500 games! Only the second time that has happened in the history of the NHL! There are so many other records and history making it is too much for me to even write in my blog (Please see link below) & there's stii 7 regular season games left! Up next we Travel to St. Luis to take on the Blues. We will see what way Tampa will find to cope with another club that undoubtedly will bring their best effort to the ice!

Tampa 58-13-4. 120pts

Lets GO Lightning

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rawcharge.com/platform/amp/2019/3/22/18276730/quick-strikes-tampa-bay-lightning-continue-to-win-and-re-write-the-history-books-nhl-news-links&ved=2ahUKEwjhxOvb65bhAhVJ1VkKHQfZBM8Q5ZMBMAN6BAgLEAU&usg=AOvVaw0jWUa3F779S-9cJsaHgpk0

*correction*

I mistakenly stated Stephen Stamkos career goal total at 387 when it actually was 386. Career goal 387 was scored last night against the Blues...

Avalanche 4 Hawks 2 :moon: After the last couple of "great performances", it's amazing we're still only five points out of a playoff spot. 32-32-10

...but then Kane ran out of gas, being double-shifted for most of the season. That's our coach's strategy, ride your star players 'till they collapse. Let's face it, Colliton's plan was to get us into the playoffs at any cost. He's going to fall short.
  • Like 1

...but then Kane ran out of gas, being double-shifted for most of the season. That's our coach's strategy, ride your star players 'till they collapse. Let's face it, Colliton's plan was to get us into the playoffs at any cost. He's going to fall short.

I have been learning that is a strategy of some coaches that do not feel like they have enough talent. With that said I am sure there star power (in your case it's Kane) is not going to say " hey coach that's too much for me to do or too much you're asking if me. The one thing for sure as viewed in a mentorship view if some of the young guys see they will do. I am know expert by any means but I do believe that mentoring by doing will go way farther than talking...

• Like 1

I have been learning that is a strategy of some coaches that do not feel like they have enough talent. With that said I am sure there star power (in your case it's Kane) is not going to say " hey coach that's too much for me to do or too much you're asking if me. The one thing for sure as viewed in a mentorship view if some of the young guys see they will do. I am know expert by any means but I do believe that mentoring by doing will go way farther than talking...

I'm not sure what you're trying to say there, but in my mind, Colliton is looking to save his seat by overworking his to-go players. This should be recognized by the management and he must be dismissed as a coach asap. Anyhow, I called for Quinneville's firing in the off-season and an attempt to pick up Trotz as the head coach, who did wonders with the Islanders, but hey, what do I know. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what you're trying to say there, but in my mind, Colliton is looking to save his seat by overworking his to-go players. This should be recognized by the management and he must be dismissed as a coach asap. Anyhow, I called for Quinneville's firing in the off-season and an attempt to pick up Trotz as the head coach, who did wonders with the Islanders, but hey, what do I know. :eyeroll:

Maybe a bit too little bit much red wine lol. I had a string of thoughts that seemed good to me but maybe a bit convoluted :LOL: But I guess my main thought was a bad coach will try to only use the best he has and drive them into the ground, well in this case the ice. It is sad when a star player is exploited but it can have positive results provided that the exploited can help bring an attitude to the rookies into the belief that "We CAN win!"

• Like 1

We're shooting ourselves in the foot. :bang bang: :chickendance: Avalanche 1 Hawks 0

A :dweez: N :dweez: I :dweez: S :dweez: I :dweez: M :dweez: O :dweez: V :martini: Hawks 1 Avalanche 1

Maybe a bit too little bit much red wine lol. I had a string of thoughts that seemed good to me but maybe a bit convoluted :LOL: But I guess my main thought was a bad coach will try to only use the best he has and drive them into the ground, well in this case the ice. It is sad when a star player is exploited but it can have positive results provided that the exploited can help bring an attitude to the rookies into the belief that "We CAN win!"

Well, I can agree with that...and :givebeer:
  • Like 1

We're shooting ourselves in the foot. :bang bang: :chickendance: Avalanche 1 Hawks 0

A :dweez: N :dweez: I :dweez: S :dweez: I :dweez: M :dweez: O :dweez: V :martini: Hawks 1 Avalanche 1

K :gumby: E :gumby: I :gumby: T :gumby: H :blush: Hawks 2 Avalanche 1 final :cosmo: 33-32-10

Well the results of the clash of eastern Conference titans revealed me Bolts are back on track! Topping the bruins 5-4! In the 1st period it was mostly all lightning as our Capt. Scored the 1st two goals (388 & 389 career) and me Lightning seemed unstoppable even with the loss of Ondrej Pala't due to an upper body injury they had a 5 on 3 PK. In untypical Lightning hockey Tampa decided to take a little snooze as opposed to it being their strongest period. Tampa let Boston get 3 unanswered goals thus falling behind 2-4 by the end of the 2nd period. But that would be the end of any Bruins scoring and me Sticks Of Fire ones again found their speedy skates squarely underneath them and the puck in the back of the net 3 more times by 3 different players! It was a very exciting 3rd period for us Tampa fans! Up next Tampa gets a 4 day break :scared: before we host the Capitals for our regular season home finale. Then we play our last 4 games on the road which includes a back to back and finishing up against the Bruins.

Tampa 59-14 - 4. 122pts.

Lets GO lightning!!

So as I suspected 4 daze off was the enemy of me Lightning and losing Victor Hedman early didn't help either! Falling to an invigorated Washington Capitals team 6-3 Tampa was just completely out of sync for most of the game. There were some signs of hope that Me "Sticks Of Fire" would a resurgent comeback! After being down 0-4 Tampa climbed to within 3 by the end of the 2nd period. However most of the momentum was lost very early in the 3rd when Tampa had to go into PK mode but! Tampa would get two more goals with the second one waaay late in the game that was all but decided. So Tampa will have to wait until Monday for the chance to become only the 2nd team ever to reach 60 wins. No real Highlights for Tampa in this one other than receiving the Presidents Trophy prior to the start of the game. Stephen Stamkos did touch the trophy and I can't remember if that is egging on a curse of some sorts? :unsure: The real Highlight of the game would be Alexander Ovechkin getting his 50th & 51st goal on the season! Next up Tampa embarks to Ottawa to take on the Senators in a 4 game road trip to finish out the regular season.

Tampa 59 - 15 - 4. 122pts.

Lets GO lightning!!

Hawks are eliminated. Let's try to finish over .500 at least. :popcorn:

My condolences for your team not making it! I have been there before! Do think there will be a major change in the organization and/philosophy stemming from this? Anything you would like to see happen? Finally ( I gotta ask :P ) now your Hawks are officially out do you have a team (or selection of such) you will be pulling for to go all the way?

Hawks are eliminated. Let's try to finish over .500 at least. :popcorn:

Currently 34-45. Gonna be tough to get to .500 with 3 games left.

But at least they'll finish better off than the Red Wings.

Edited by apetersvt

The tale of two teams; Monday night against one of the worst teams in the NHL this season an aggressive Tampa Bay Lightning earn their 60th win (5-2) of the season. Me Bolts become 1 of only 3 teams in NHL history to do such and seemed poised to actually have enough games left to break that record. The team still is not at full health but seems to be able to overcome that advirsity. It was also announced that an injury to our back up goalie Louis Domingue forced the lightning to call up Eddie Pasquale from the AHL farm team "The Syracuse Crunch"

Tuesday night a team that appears to be the lightning in white & blue uniforms take to the ice against a team that is fighting for their post season life the Montreal Canadians. The Lightning strike 1st but seem to be playing a lot in their own defensive end. Pasquale is put in as net minder and does relatively well by being peppered with the puck. Score is a manageable 2-2 at the end of the 2nd period but the SOG numbers are heavily in favor of the home team. The final ends up 4-2 with me Lightning losing a chance to break the most wins in a season by any team in NHL history record. All Tampa can do now is the the record set by Detroit of 62 games. My question is why did coach cooper not play Pasquale Monday against a team that had nothing to play for at all. Then play our beast net minder Vasilevskiy for last night against a team that was going to bring everything they had & then some! True that Pasquale's demise was from the poor production of the guys in front of him. It is hard for any goalie to do well when having to defend 45 shots on goal! Oh well it is what it is. Up next we travel to Toronto to take on the Leafs in what is sure to be a preview of a playoff game.

Tampa 60 - 16 - 4. 124pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

• Like 1

The tale of two teams; Monday night against one of the worst teams in the NHL this season an aggressive Tampa Bay Lightning earn their 60th win (5-2) of the season. Me Bolts become 1 of only 3 teams in NHL history to do such and seemed poised to actually have enoigh games left to break that record. The team still is not at full health bit seems to be able to overcome that advirsity. It was also annonced that an injury to our back up goalie Lois Domingue forced the lightning to call up Eddie Pasquale from the farm team "The Crunch"

Tuesday night a team that appears to be the lightning in white & blue uniforms take to the ice against a team that is fighting for their post season life the Montreal Canadians. The Lightning strike 1st but seem to be playing a lot in their own defensive end. Pasquale is put in as net minder and does relatively well by being peppered with the puck. Score is a manageable 2-2 at the end of the 2nd period but the SOG numbers are heavily in favor of the home team. The final ends up 4-2 with me Lightning losing a chance to break the most wins by any team in NHL history record. All Tampa can do now is tie the record set by Detroit of 62 games. My question is why did coach cooper not play Pasquale Monday against a team that had nothing to play for at all. Then play our beast net minder Vasilevskiy for last night against a team that was going to bring everything they had & then some! True that Pasquale's demise was from the poor production of the guys in front of him. It is hard for any goalie to do well when having to defend 45 shots on goal! Oh well it is what it is. Up next we travel to Toronto to take on the Leafs in what is sure to be a preview of a playoff game.

Tampa 60 - 16 - 4. 124pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

I had on eye on that Lightning- Canadiens game as a Canadiens loss would have clinched a playoff spot for the Penguins. Where were the Bolts when we needed them? :LOL: Just kidding. Pens win would have clinched as well but they couldn't manage a win against the Red Wings, either, Tuesday night. They lost 4-1 and have to try again tomorrow night. Their loss gave also home ice to the Caps in the first round. Still looking forward to the playoffs, though! Go Pens!

• Like 1