The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Well yet another "hang on" 4-3 OT victory over the Rangers of NY . I would be lying if I said it seems this new style of sloppy dominance is not a new strategy but a sign of "chinks in the armor" from a grueling season... For the past few games it seems me Sticks of fire jump out to a respectable lead then end up in a " Lets skate not to lose" situation. Even though me Bolts come out with the win (& points) and I much prefer this new style compared to the one in the beginning of the season. That was well lets spot the other team 2,3 maybe even 4 goals and play "Catch up"! It still has concerning undertones for me! Last nights win brings a new record to this Tampa franchise of having a 10 game win streak. I absolutely love that Me Lightning are finding ways to win even if the engine seems to have a bit of a "misfire" in the latter part of recent games. I love the fact that Me Bolts are on the verge of inserting themselves in some serious NHL history! Records that will actually make the NHL main stream take notice of what is going on down here. Even if they're forced to do the coverage, it it is high time that Tampa be considered a true hockey town! I believe this will only really happen if with the records are accompanied by hoisting the Stanley Cup in June and may even take repeat hoisting's :LOL: for that to happen. I can assure you all everyone down here believes! Tonight a test of tests as Tampa travels to take on the 2nd place (trailing by 19pts :P ) team in the Atlantic the Bruins of Boston. Tonight will be a test of grit and endurance if there ever will be!

Tampa 49-11-4. 102pts.

Lets GO lightning!!

:hockeygoon:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Well last nights 4-1 loss to the Bruins didn't come as a surprise to me at all! As I had mentioned in my previous post me bolts were looking as not quite themselves as of late. Especially in the later regulation periods but some how finding a way to come out on top. Last night me lightning didn't even find anything close to a stride until early in the 3rd period & even then it didn't last long. However I could :boohoo: about the lack luster effort by my team but i will not! All credit to the Bruins who played their collective asses off deserve the credit for the win. They really brought their all to the ice! It does disappoint me that the game and media coverage was "UH OH Tampa may not do good in the playoffs according to this this playoff preview" & not OK the (way out on) top team in the league let one get by them! I will tell you one thing the score would've been way worse except for the incredible play of back up net minder Louis Domingue! He played an incredible game and it really was the guys in front of him that let him down. So now Tampa shakes off a no big deal loss to come home to host the Senators of Ottawa Saturday.

Tampa 49-12-4. 102pts

Lets GO Lightning!!

Too many men penalty. :banghead: Kings 1 Hawks 0

Quickly, another PPG. :facepalm: Kings 2 Hawks 0

That one is on Crawford. :sigh: Kings 3 Hawks 0

P :wacko: E :wacko: R :wacko: L :wacko: I :wacko: N :wacko: I :bang bang: Kings 3 Hawks 1

P :wacko: E :wacko: R :wacko: L :wacko: I :wacko: N :wacko: I :bang bang: Kings 3 Hawks 1

P :laughing guy: E :laughing guy: R :laughing guy: L :laughing guy: I :laughing guy: N :laughing guy: I :popcorn: Kings 3 Hawks 2

P :laughing guy: E :laughing guy: R :laughing guy: L :laughing guy: I :laughing guy: N :laughing guy: I :popcorn: Kings 3 Hawks 2

M :AlienSmiley: U :AlienSmiley: R :AlienSmiley: P :AlienSmiley: H :AlienSmiley: Y :wtf: Hawks 3 Kings 3

M :AlienSmiley: U :AlienSmiley: R :AlienSmiley: P :AlienSmiley: H :AlienSmiley: Y :wtf: Hawks 3 Kings 3

Hawks' defense to LA's rescue. :eyeroll: Kings 4 Hawks 3

Another mess in the D zone. :moon: Kings 5 Hawks 3

Putting us out of our misery. :rose: Kings 6 Hawks 3

Putting us out of our misery. :rose: Kings 6 Hawks 3

Final. 27-29-9

A nice bounce back 5-1 win over the identity-less Senators! there really isn't much to comment on the trouncing of Ottawa but it was good to see me Sticks Of Fire make a statement. last season (& even early in this one) me Bolts had a tendency to play down to struggling teams. I was glad to see this was not at all the case last night! The scoring fest was spread around and solid! There is also another NHL record for me bolts! With reaching their 50th win Tampa is now tied with the 1995-96 Detroit Red Wings for the fastest any NHL team has reached 50 wins in a season! Up next we host a much more dangerous opponent as we host the Jets of Winnipeg. Hopefully Tampa can mount another sustained win streak and rewrite some more NHL history!

Tampa 50-12-4. 104pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

Nice going, Keith. :eyeroll: Sharks 1 Hawks 0

S :dweez: T :dweez: R :dweez: O :dweez: M :dweez: E :martini: Hawks 1 Sharks 1

Bad start to the second. :sigh: Sharks 2 Hawks 1

G :cosmo: U :cosmo: S :cosmo: T :cosmo: A :cosmo: F :cosmo: S :cosmo: S :cosmo: O :cosmo: N :coffee: Hawks 2 Sharks 2

G :cosmo: U :cosmo: S :cosmo: T :cosmo: A :cosmo: F :cosmo: S :cosmo: S :cosmo: O :cosmo: N :coffee: Hawks 2 Sharks 2

Bad start to the third. :moon: Sharks 3 Hawks 2

The season is over. :rose: Sharks 4 Hawks 2

Empty net goal. :16ton: Sharks 5 Hawks 2

Empty net goal. :16ton: Sharks 5 Hawks 2

Final. 27-30-9

So the other night me Bolts had another woderful 5-2 win! Topping the formidable Jets and making it look pretty easy. Highlights include Jets goalie Hellebuyck taking a rocket style slapshot off Nikita Kucherove's right to the the face mask. While Hellebuyck was carted off to the licker room to get stiched up and clear the cobb webbs that all the tweety birds left, poor back up goalie Brossoit had to come in cold on a Tampa Power Play which ended with a Stephen Stamkos goal! Also with the win me Sticks Of Fire did some addendums to NHL history becoming the 1st team ever to have 2 goalies having 10 game win streaks! There will be some more addendums made to NHL History by this team. Tampa is most certianly on track to win the Coveted/Cursed Presidents Trophy :scared: ... Up next we host the Wild of Minnesota.

Tampa 51-12-4. 106pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

• Like 1

K :gumby: E :gumby: I :gumby: T :gumby: H :moose: Hawks 1 Sabres 0

A :dweez: N :dweez: I :dweez: S :dweez: I :dweez: M :dweez: O :dweez: V :cosmo: Hawks 2 Sabres 0

Delayed penalty goal. :sigh: Hawks 2 Sabres 1