The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

S :notworthy: A :notworthy: A :notworthy: D :spitwater: Hawks 1 Capitals 0

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E :drool: Hawks 2 Capitals 0

Delia... :facepalm: Hawks 2 Capitals 1

T :LOL: O :LOL: E :LOL: W :LOL: S :cool: Hawks 3 Capitals 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 4 Capitals 1

And then Delia does this. :banghead: Hawks 4 Capitals 2

We'll find a way to lose this game. :codger: Hawks 4 Capitals 3

K :cosmo: A :cosmo: N :cosmo: E :bang bang: :codger: Hawks 5 Capitals 3

T :drool: O :drool: E :drool: W :drool: S :chickendance: Hawks 6 Capitals 3

All-Star game came early this season. :wacko: Hawks 6 Capitals 4

Jokiharju come back. :sigh: Hawks 6 Capitals 5

I step out for 45 minutes and you let them back in the game??? :wtf: :scared:

EDIT: And Toews just scored to get the two goal lead back, cool.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

T :LOL: O :LOL: E :LOL: W :LOL: S :cool: Hawks 3 Capitals 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 4 Capitals 1

And then Delia does this. Hawks 4 Capitals 2

T :drool: O :drool: E :drool: W :drool: S Hawks 6 Capitals 3

All-Star game came early this season. Hawks 6 Capitals 4

T :dweez: O :dweez: E :dweez: W :dweez: S :D-13: Hawks 7 Capitals 5

STROME. :16ton: Hawks 8 Capitals 5

T :LOL: O :LOL: E :LOL: W :LOL: S Hawks 3 Capitals 1

And then Delia does this. Hawks 4 Capitals 2

T :drool: O :drool: E :drool: W :drool: S Hawks 6 Capitals 3

All-Star game came early this season. Hawks 6 Capitals 4

T :dweez: O :dweez: E :dweez: W :dweez: S :D-13: Hawks 7 Capitals 5

STROME. :16ton: Hawks 8 Capitals 5

Final. :zzz: 17-24-9 Edited by blackhawkrush

Isles pitched their second consecutive shutout today, 3-0 against the Ducks. They've given up a total of three goals in their last five games, and they've won 15 of their last 18 games.

You ready for Tuesday, Blackhawkrush? :hockey:

Thank you for beating a team we're "kinda" chasing. Be worried, we have the secret weapon now...the line of Kane, Toews and Caligula. :madra:

Isles pitched their second consecutive shutout today, 3-0 against the Ducks. They've given up a total of three goals in their last five games, and they've won 15 of their last 18 games.

Thank you for beating a team we're "kinda" chasing. Be worried, we have the secret weapon now...the line of Kane, Toews and Caligula. :madra:

We too have a secret weapon. We don't give up goals. :)

This may as well be us right now:

http://youtu.be/egfKEpSLZak

We too have a secret weapon. We don't give up goals. :)

This may as well be us right now:

http://youtu.be/egfKEpSLZak

I was hoping to stay away from GEICO asswipe commercials. You made that impossible. :(
  • Like 1

Me Bolts get another crack atchya too on February 2nd! ;)

Yeah, you guys aren't going to forget that last game. That could be scary.

• Like 1

Check that date we actually visit Nassau Colosseum 02/01. The 1st of 2 New York Nights. We play our surrogate team the Rangers on the 2nd. So I think your comment has even more weight knowing we play you guys on night 1 of a back to back (not the 2nd night like last time) and yeah that last loss to y'all will not be forgotten. But kudos to how well the Isles have been paying here as of late! I think Trotz has them believing in themselves again! Looking forward to another great game!

Go Bolts

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Check that date we actually visit Nassau Colosseum 02/01. The 1st of 2 New York Nights. We play our surrogate team the Rangers on the 2nd. So I think your comment has even more weight knowing we play you guys on night 1 of a back to back (not the 2nd night like last time) and yeah that last loss to y'all will not be forgotten. But kudos to how well the Isles have been paying here as of late! I think Trotz has them believing in themselves again! Looking forward to another great game!

Go Bolts

So far this year the Isles are 7-0-0 in the second game of back-to-backs. But I suppose playing the night before is still a convenient excuse for other teams when they lose that second one...

:P

• Like 2

Bad start for Ward. :sigh: Islanders 1 Hawks 0

S :dweez: T :dweez: R :dweez: O :dweez: M :dweez: E :cosmo: Hawks 1 Islanders 1

Kampf is so slow. :facepalm: Islanders 2 Hawks 1

Barzal makes most guys look slow. Maybe we'll see both him and Kane in the fastest skater competition this weekend.

• Like 1

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Hawks 2 Islanders 2

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Hawks 2 Islanders 2

Hawks win in the SO. :smoke: 18-24-9

So no comments about the All Star Game? I always enjoy the skills more than the game, it was strange having it on Friday and the game on Saturday. Kane came close in the Puck Control but Johnny Hockey snuck past him. And how about the women getting to compete? I was glad to see them included, they are great ambassadors of the game and Kendall Coyne almost won the fastest skater and Brianna Decker did clock the fastest time in the premier passing event (even though they didn't show it). CCM stepped up and paid her the $25,000. :dweez: :clap:

Now, what does everyone think about the new tech the NHL debuted Saturday? Personally, I wasn't really wowed by it, I don't really want to have to try to watch the game with a bunch of text boxes appearing above the players heads. The puck was understated, not so much like the glow puck they tried in 90's.

Edited by Rhyta

So no comments about the All Star Game? I always enjoy the skills more than the game, it was strange having it on Friday and the game on Saturday. Kane came close in the Puck Control but Johnny Hockey snuck past him. And how about the women getting to compete? I was glad to see them included, they are great ambassadors of the game and Kendall Coyne almost won the fastest skater and Brianna Decker did clock the fastest time in the premier passing event (even though they didn't show it). CCM stepped up and paid her the $25,000. :dweez: :clap:

Now, what does everyone think about the new tech the NHL debuted Saturday? Personally, I wasn't really wowed by it, I don't really want to have to try to watch the game with a bunch of text boxes appearing above the players heads. The puck was understated, not so much like the glow puck they tried in 90's.

I like the real-time stats this new tech will provide the coaching staffs during games, but I wasn't crazy about that trail effect we saw with the puck. I don't think it added enough to be included on broadcasts, though it was easier to digest than that stupid glow puck from years ago.

The other notable thing was the women players who participated in the skills competition, and that their skills were on par with the men. Very cool. Sucks that Brianna Decker's go at the passing accuracy contest wasn't televised, because she schooled guys like Erik Karlsson and Mikko Rantanen.

Here's a good article about NBC's coverage of the women at the All Star game. And as for Pierre McGuire, we'll let Marty Turco give his opinion:

turco-pierre.gif

• Like 1

Well an as expected disappointing return for me Bolts last night losing 4-2 to the blueschica Penguins. The Pens came out with fire in their belly after the lasting they recieved playing the Devils in the previous game. Tampa tried to get things going but looked completely out of form or speed. Honestly by the 1st dozen passes I knew what the final result would be. Tampa still is leading the league in points but it looks like the Flames of Calgary are on fire! With the 2 points lost last night Tampa only has a 5 point cushion. Up next we travel to the Big Apple for 2 NY nights with night 1 visiting the 73 Islanders. Then on to the Rangers in night 2. Hopefully me Lightning will find a way to get their swagger back as I know they will (hopefully sooner than later)

Tampa 37-11-2. 76pts

Lets GO Lightning!!

:hockeygoon:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Well an as expected disappointing return for me Bolts last night losing 4-2 to the blueschica Penguins. The Pens came out with fire in their belly after the lasting they recieved playing the Devils in the previous game. Tampa tried to get things going but looked completely out of form or speed. Honestly by the 1st dozen passes I knew what the final result would be. Tampa still is leading the league in points but it looks like the Flames of Calgary are on fire! With the 2 points lost last night Tampa only has a 5 point cushion. Up next we travel to the Big Apple for 2 NY nights with night 1 visiting the 73 Islanders. Then on to the Rangers in night 2. Hopefully me Lightning will find a way to get their swagger back as I know they will (hopefully sooner than later)

Tampa 37-11-2. 76pts

Lets GO Lightning!!

:hockeygoon:

You guys have lost two games in a row only once this season. You'll try to keep it that way, and you'll want revenge for the 5-1 pasting we gave you guys last time.

Should be fun! :scared:

• Like 1

I didn't get a chance to catch the skills portion. I was a bit disappointed in team Atlantics performance and didn''t care too much for the new rech less the real time stats... Oh and the uniforms were intriguingly plain yet interesting. I did like that the emblems of the teams the players were from were on them. Much better than just the NHL logo like last year. But I'm still not sold on the whole B&W aspect. Although I must confess if I had a chance to get one of the Lightning ones in Black I probably would get it as one of the Bolts primary colors was black.

• Like 1