The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Did anyone watch the Cup presentation? The players were mic'ed, and it was an hilarious sequence of "f**k yeah"s and "f***in' A"s as each player made his loop with the Cup. :LOL:

No flashers this year?

5CiIeTw.jpg

Obviously, there was a lot that went on in game 7 of the Stanley Cup, but I keep coming back to that defensive lapse by Marchand that led to the second goal, a play reminiscent of mini-mite hockey. This guy agrees...

https://www.boston.c...nte-stanley-cup

‘That goal may have cost them the Stanley Cup’: Bruins analyst blames Brad Marchand after Game 7 loss

“Marchand was in the zone, then he’s out of the zone,” said Amonte on NBC Sports Boston. “There he is at the blue line, then he changes, Pietrangelo skates right past him. He’s in no-man’s land. He’s standing still. You see the change? Way too late. You have to start heading back towards your net. You know you’re standing still at the blue line. You’re done. You’re done. You have to just start retreat[ing]. Get back. Go back to the spot.”

In the video it looks really bad. https://twitter.com/...020029889060869

vL_8Re_L_400x400.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3LTmDUAhMM

Edited by vaportrailer

Congrats to the Blues, their fans and the entire St. Louis area! Someday Hopefully (sooner than later)Tampa will be able to bask in the glory as well. On to next season in a whole 4 months lol :LOL:

At least your team won a Cup in 2004, I remember watching that one and cheering them on. Hope they rebound for you next season.

• Like 2

Obviously, there was a lot that went on in game 7 of the Stanley Cup, but I keep coming back to that defensive lapse by Marchand that led to the second goal, a play reminiscent of mini-mite hockey. This guy agrees...

https://www.boston.c...nte-stanley-cup

‘That goal may have cost them the Stanley Cup’: Bruins analyst blames Brad Marchand after Game 7 loss

“Marchand was in the zone, then he’s out of the zone,” said Amonte on NBC Sports Boston. “There he is at the blue line, then he changes, Pietrangelo skates right past him. He’s in no-man’s land. He’s standing still. You see the change? Way too late. You have to start heading back towards your net. You know you’re standing still at the blue line. You’re done. You’re done. You have to just start retreat[ing]. Get back. Go back to the spot.”

In the video it looks really bad. https://twitter.com/...020029889060869

vL_8Re_L_400x400.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3LTmDUAhMM

:smash: At least he will get some crap for his mistake, Rask really played so good throughout the playoffs. He really pulled them through and it has to hurt to get so close and then not be on for that big game. But if the Blues had lost then everyone would be blaming Binnington because he was a rookie, blah blah. The goalies always are the goat.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

When the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup in 2004, I remember that, too. Not just "Jordan Binnington", but "Tuukka Rask" played, and were great. If Boston had won the Stanley Cup, then "Tuukka" would get the same credit, and maybe, more recognition like "Jordan" is, right now. With St. Louis winning the Stanley Cup on who should've got the Conn Smythe Trophy, it was out of a few players on their team. Edited by Derek19

Did anyone watch the Cup presentation? The players were mic'ed, and it was an hilarious sequence of "f**k yeah"s and "f***in' A"s as each player made his loop with the Cup. :LOL:

No flashers this year?

5CiIeTw.jpg

:LOL:

"Mom's famous!"

No flashers this year?

5CiIeTw.jpg

:LOL:

"Mom's famous!"

Burakovsky seems to like it. :clap:

Congrats to the Blues, their fans and the entire St. Louis area! Someday Hopefully (sooner than later)Tampa will be able to bask in the glory as well. On to next season in a whole 4 months lol :LOL:

At least your team won a Cup in 2004, I remember watching that one and cheering them on. Hope they rebound for you next season.

Thank you Rhyta! Yes I guess I should've stated "bask in the glory again" lol I can tell you the Tampa bay area is still in shock over how our post season ended! It appeared me Bolts had mostly corrected the problems that held that held them back in the 17-18 season. Hopefully they can make the right adjustments thus off season too.

Lets GO Lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

• Like 1

Thank you Rhyta! Yes I guess I should've stated "bask in the glory again" lol I can tell you the Tampa bay area is still in shock over how our post season ended! It appeared me Bolts had mostly corrected the problems that held that held them back in the 17-18 season. Hopefully they can make the right adjustments thus off season too.

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Next season's schedule is coming out this Tuesday. :popcorn: First sign of things to come.
  • Like 1

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Next season's schedule is coming out this Tuesday. :popcorn: First sign of things to come.

Tampa plays 10 of their 1st 14 games on the road. Including a 6 game road trip right after the home opener against the Panters. One nice thing is at the end of the season we have a good chunk of home games. We also have quite a few 4pm Saturday games this season too.

Goodbye to my buddy, Phil Kessel ! :( :( The Pens traded Phil Kessel to the Arizona Coyotes for winger Alex Galchenyuk and a defense prospect. Galchenyuk is younger and comes with a smaller salary, but they traded Kessel, with 82 points, to get a player who scored 41 points. :( Pens felt like they had to shake things up, I guess, after getting swept in Round One of the playoffs. Kessel had a good relationship with the Coyotes coach, Tocchet, when the latter was a Penguins assistant, so I'm sure he will land on his feet.

Goodbye, Phil! You're about the only thing that would get me to turn on the Coyotes!

NYqsGWll.png

• Like 3

Sergei Bobrovsky inks a 7 year, 70 mil contract with the Panthers. GM Dale Tallon isn't f***ing around.

Dale is a genius and a great guy. From being a color commentator with the Hawks to Chicago's GM, creating our dynasty. Luongo out, Bobrovsky in. That's an upgrade in my mind. Btw, Hawks sign goalie Lehner. Let's hope he works out, because he's taking with him a major cap hit.
  • Like 2

My local classic rock station has apparently added "Gloria" to the playlist. Really? I appreciate supporting the Blues, but why couldn't they have latched onto the Van Morrison (or even U2) version of "Gloria"!

Goodbye to my buddy, Phil Kessel ! :( :( The Pens traded Phil Kessel to the Arizona Coyotes for winger Alex Galchenyuk and a defense prospect. Galchenyuk is younger and comes with a smaller salary, but they traded Kessel, with 82 points, to get a player who scored 41 points. :( Pens felt like they had to shake things up, I guess, after getting swept in Round One of the playoffs. Kessel had a good relationship with the Coyotes coach, Tocchet, when the latter was a Penguins assistant, so I'm sure he will land on his feet.

Goodbye, Phil! You're about the only thing that would get me to turn on the Coyotes!

NYqsGWll.png

Alex Galchenyuk, has always been a great player. I've been glad to see, and hear that Pittsburgh, has him on their team, now.

• Like 1