The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Well lets just say that the game last night against the Flyers was eeerily reminiscent of the game against the Flyers when Me Bolts visited the city of brotherly hatred oh some months ago. By the end of the 2nd period Tampa even seeming a wee bit rusty from the holiday break looked to be kicking ice with a 5-2 lead! As what happened in the 1st game Tampa let Philly tie it up in the 3rd to force an OT period. Just like the previous game between these two clubs the Lightning won in the OT period save the 2 points.! I am very happy that even though Tampa having a 4 day break they came out to win! Up next we host the Habs of Montreal

Tampa 29-7-2. 60pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

:hockeygoon:

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :givebeer: Hawks 1 Avalanche 0

K :drool: A :drool: N :drool: E :macallan: Hawks 2 Avalanche 0

Is the party over? :unsure: Hawks 2 Avalanche 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :givebeer: Hawks 1 Avalanche 0

Bad 2nd period by Chicago. :sigh: Hawks 2 Avalanche 2

Bad 2nd period by Chicago. :sigh: Hawks 2 Avalanche 2

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E :drool: Hawks 3 Avalanche 2 :cosmo: Final. 15-20-6
  • Like 1

Pretty good slug fest with me bolts coming out on top of the Habs 6-5. It was a pretty action packed and scoring match but not so much for net minding. Also with a lot of Canadians vacationing in warm sunny Florida their fan base made itself be heard. Things looked as if the game was going to go to OT but a last minute (literally 62 seconds left in regulation) Adam Erne goal sealed the deal! We had a blast last night & it was nice to see the visitors fans leave silent and disappointed :D Up next we travel to Anaheim to take on the Ducks kicking of a 3 game California road trip.

Tampa 30- 7-2. 62pts

Lets GO Lightning!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Riding a 6 game win streak to finish out 2018, me lightning top the Ducks of Anaheim 2-1 OT victory. This hard fought defensive game was the exact opposite of Saturday's offensive blow out! This is probably a game me Bolts would've lost last year as our defensive play last year was not as good as this year. Shots on goal was almost as even as it can get in this league 35 for Anaheim VS 36 for Tampa. Brayden Point scored the game winning goal 35 seconds into the OT period. Tampa closes out the year 14-0-1 out of the last 15 games and are solidly out in front of every other teaam. Pretty damned impressive if you ask me!! Next up we travel to the city of Angels to take on the struggling Kings. I assume Vasilevskiy will be rested and Lois Domingue will be in.

Tampa 31-7-2. 64pts.

Lets GO lightning!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Hey Blackhawk, there's a game tonight! :hockeygoon:

I'm here, my friend...even though you never "like" my posts. :moon:

Well, there's a like for you. How do you LIKE that? :gumby:

So, you know how to use it? ;)

K :dweez: A :dweez: H :dweez: U :dweez: N :cosmo: Hawks 1 Islanders 0

Now's your chance, 73. :codger: Hawks 1 Islanders 1

Forsling shouldn't be playing in the NHL. :rage: Islanders 2 Hawks 1

Goalie lost his stick too, though it might not have mattered there. Barzal was right on top of the net.

Goalie lost his stick too, though it might not have mattered there. Barzal was right on top of the net.

I meant Forsling got the penalty, another stupid one...and then to make it worse, he played the rest of the period on D, because Calliton obviously thought he did nothing wrong. :facepalm: :facepalm:

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E :drool: Hawks 2 Islanders 2