The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

K :gumby: E :gumby: I :gumby: T :gumby: H :moose: Hawks 1 Sabres 0

A :dweez: N :dweez: I :dweez: S :dweez: I :dweez: M :dweez: O :dweez: V :cosmo: Hawks 2 Sabres 0

Delayed penalty goal. :sigh: Hawks 2 Sabres 1

Just like that, we're tied. :facepalm: Hawks 2 Sabres 2

A :dweez: N :dweez: I :dweez: S :dweez: I :dweez: M :dweez: O :dweez: V :cosmo: Hawks 2 Sabres 0

Three goals in seven minutes. :banghead: Sabres 3 Hawks 2
  • Like 1

A :blink: N :blink: I :blink: S :blink: I :blink: M :blink: O :blink: V :popcorn: Hawks 3 Sabres 3
  • Like 1

A :blink: N :blink: I :blink: S :blink: I :blink: M :blink: O :blink: V :popcorn: Hawks 3 Sabres 3

Horrible coverage on D. :codger: Sabres 4 Hawks 3

P :bang bang: E :bang bang: R :bang bang: L :bang bang: I :bang bang: N :bang bang: I :cool: Hawks 4 Sabres 4
  • Like 1

P :bang bang: E :bang bang: R :bang bang: L :bang bang: I :bang bang: N :bang bang: I :cool: Hawks 4 Sabres 4

Hawks win in the SO. :chickendance: 28-30-9
  • Like 2

So the other night me Bolts had another woderful 5-2 win! Topping the formidable Jets and making it look pretty easy. Highlights include Jets goalie Hellebuyck taking a rocket style slapshot off Nikita Kucherove's right to the the face mask. While Hellebuyck was carted off to the licker room to get stiched up and clear the cobb webbs that all the tweety birds left, poor back up goalie Brossoit had to come in cold on a Tampa Power Play which ended with a Stephen Stamkos goal! Also with the win me Sticks Of Fire did some addendums to NHL history becoming the 1st team ever to have 2 goalies having 10 game win streaks! There will be some more addendums made to NHL History by this team. Tampa is most certianly on track to win the Coveted/Cursed Presidents Trophy :scared: ... Up next we host the Wild of Minnesota.

Tampa 51-12-4. 106pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

:hockeygoon:

Your Lightning are still off the charts! 106 pts. is awesome! :ebert: :ebert:

• Like 1

I haven't been posting much lately; this has been a challenging winter in some ways. :o The Hershey Bears have been tons of fun to watch recently as they have had a few long win streaks and have moved from worst to second place in their AHL division. Devante Smith-Pelly was waived by the Caps and assigned to Hershey so we have seen him in a few games. Go Bears!

Pens beat the Blue Jackets tonight, 2-0; and PHIL KESSEL FINALLY BROKE OUT OF HIS 16 GAME SCORELESS STREAK! He scored a goal at about 2 minutes into the first period. Matt Murray had his 10th career shutout with tonight's win. Go Pens!

pwjJbbpm.jpg

• Like 2

Well a very, very flat lethargic and disappointing outing by me Bolts (I can hear the mainstream NHL media now :LOL: ) last night! Falling to the Wild of Minnesota 3-0. The Wild came out as if they were wildly desperate to keep in the running and me Lightning was just like a plain stationary & complacent non electrified cloud. Now its not like Tampa was skating like Zombies the entire game, there were sparks of Lightning hockey trying to break through. It's just Minnesota was better at making what they had or got work better. It is sad that Tampa had a chance to be the 1st team in the NHL to clinch a playoff spot with a win but it just wasn't in the cards. Coach's Captain's and Alternate Captain's should be driving it home that things are just going to get more and more scrappy from this point on! Also to be prepared to leave everything on the ice every night! The only highlight of last nights game was the Hattie Jason Zucker got for the Wild. Oh and a hit on Wilds Luke Kunin by Cedric Paquette forcing Kunin to miss roughly 1/2 the game with an upper body injury. Next up we host the Red Wings who don't really have anything to play for other than trying to topple the leagues best regular season record holding team. I am more than positive Detroit will bring some gritty elements as there always seems to be "blood on the ice" when they play us. All I can say is me sticks of fire better find a way to keep their skates on the gas and go full steam into the playoffs. I believe it will be the doom of this team if they adopt a conservative approach! but with that said, who am I? just a fan of my towns team that I still am so very proud of and still looking forward to seeing great things in the very near future.

Tampa 51-13-4. 106pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Have been watching more hockey this year than I have in a long time (being retired helps :LOL:). Now that I have a smart phone, been listening to the Chicago radio feed of games. It reminds me of my early days of hockey in the 70's when I listened to the radio coverage of our local minor team Salt Lake Golden Eagles. :codger: :hockey: Hockey coverage was practically non-existent then and our local media always put the hockey stories on the back page or ignored them altogether. Now I take it for granted that I have access to at least 3 channels that carry hockey all the time, even without using Center Ice (which is a bit pricey). Still feel a little sad not having my Mom to share it with..but she'd be happy her Avs are still fighting for a spot.

The Central division wild card race is crazy, it changes every day. I love how the Hawks have managed to salvage their season (somewhat) and it is fun to listen when I can. They've got their work cut out for them with the Stars this weekend. Kudos to Kane on passing Larmer on the points.

Only a month til the playoffs start...here we go! :popcorn:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Noticed last night, all the teams had a Ted 7 on their ice and boards. Ted Lindsay was a rough player but he really cared about his fellow players. Didn't realize how much he was involved in getting the NHLPA going. Chicago and Detroit had a moment of silence for him last night too. He had a long life...RIP :rose: :hockey: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Noticed last night, all the teams had a Ted 7 on their ice and boards. Ted Lindsay was a rough player but he really cared about his fellow players. Didn't realize how much he was involved in getting the NHLPA going. Chicago and Detroit had a moment of silence for him last night too. He had a long life...RIP :rose: :hockey:

In Amalie last night they had the Red 7 Banner for all to see, in Memory & Honor of The "Terrible" Ted. :rose: :angel: :rose: RIP Ted Teach'em how to score up there on that sheet of pristine ice in the sky!

:hockeygoon: :hockey: :hockeygoon:

• Like 2

Noticed last night, all the teams had a Ted 7 on their ice and boards. Ted Lindsay was a rough player but he really cared about his fellow players. Didn't realize how much he was involved in getting the NHLPA going. Chicago and Detroit had a moment of silence for him last night too. He had a long life...RIP :rose: :hockey:

In Amalie last night they had the Ted 7 Banner for all to see, in Memory & Honor of The "Terrible" Ted. :rose: :angel: :rose: RIP Ted Teach'em how to score up there on that sheet of pristine ice in the sky!

:hockeygoon: :hockey: :hockeygoon:

Ummm it was Ted 7 (Damned typo's :LOL: ) and tonight it's on the boards in the south west corner where it can be seen by the TV cameras.

• Like 2

So me Lightning Clinch the 1st playoff birth Friday night without even having to take to the ice :LOL: Thanks to an 8-2 Habs loss to the Ducks Tampa is in! Not really the way I would like to see my team clinch but in is in!! :LOL:

So on to lasts nights hold on 3-2 win over the scrappy Red Wings. It was nice to see an invigorated Tampa team hit the ice last night. It seems that no matter where in the standings these two clubs reside there is a mutual dislike for each other. This dislike tends to bring on pretty entertaining hockey :LOL: Last night it was (as usual) Justin Abdelkader playing his most famous role as "Disrupter" First going after our Captain Stephen Stamkos then moving on to other Lightning players or lets just say targets from Abdelkader's point of view. It was nice to see me Bolts Match or surpass the physicality aspects put before them. Highlights include Nikita Kucherov breaking a franchise record of points (109) earned in a single season. There is still 15 regular season games to go! Next up we travel to Toronto to take on another division foe trying to clinch a playoff spot. I am sure the Leafs will bring everything they have and the kitchen sink to the rink :LOL:

Tampa 52-13- 4. 108pts

Lets GO lightning!!

• Like 1

Panik decides to hurt us. :moon: Coyotes 1 Hawks 0

P :cool: E :cool: R :cool: L :cool: I :cool: N :cool: I :bang bang: Hawks 1 Coyotes 1

S :dweez: A :dweez: A :dweez: D :cosmo: Hawks 2 Coyotes 1

P :bang bang: E :bang bang: R :bang bang: L :bang bang: I :bang bang: N :bang bang: I :popcorn: Hawks 3 Coyotes 1

P :cool: E :cool: R :cool: L :cool: I :cool: N :cool: I :bang bang: Hawks 1 Coyotes 1

P :bang bang: E :bang bang: R :bang bang: L :bang bang: I :bang bang: N :bang bang: I :popcorn: Hawks 3 Coyotes 1

K :blink: U :blink: N :blink: I :blink: T :blink: Z :nya nya: Hawks 4 Coyotes 1

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E :drool: Hawks 5 Coyotes 1

T :drool: O :drool: E :drool: W :drool: S :chickendance: Hawks 6 Coyotes 1

T :drool: O :drool: E :drool: W :drool: S Hawks 6 Coyotes 1

P :notworthy: E :notworthy: R :notworthy: L :notworthy: I :notworthy: N :notworthy: I :finbar: Hawks 7 Coyotes 1